BOW4BUCK'S 2nd indoor grow

Anyone got a recommendation for aquarium heater that will do a 30gal res. There seem to be many out there bt not alot of info on them…thanks in advance :grin::call_me_hand::v:

1 Like

You can get livestock heaters for troughs buckets even dog water. They have them at tractor supply or you can go online to Petco or Petsmart. They all have descriptions of what they’re supposed to do.

6 Likes

I second the livestock water warmers. :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

5 Likes

Didn’t even think of that. Just assumed aquarium heater was a better option. I bet I already have a live stock one here some place. We used one for the water in the chicken coop.:grin:

6 Likes

Exactly what I was talking about. That’s the way we roll, always better to use something you got then spend mo money…:wink::+1:t3:

7 Likes

One for livestock is definitely gonna be better built than one for an aquarium. :v:t4:

5 Likes

3 Likes

I use this one… my water has been coming out at 47-54 degrees Therefore this :facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

Anyone here understand lights better than me. Been in the market for a while and just havnt pulled the trigger yet. Thought I had it narrowed down to:

Today came across this light. Save me $100 and I don’t have to build it. Looks like the specs aren’t exactly the same though.

Anyone care to enlighten me???

3 Likes

The 600 is the same as the scorpion w a different ballast… it’s on growace for $699

3 Likes

I have 2HLG 600 H and I love them. Check out the grow light depot. Absolutely killer customer service. I bought lights from them twice.

2 Likes

Yeah that 600Rspec i listed above is only $699 too.
The kit is also a 600 but I have to build it (no big deal) but listed for $759
Build it kit says 2.5umol 1525 ppm

Other 600 complet light 2.55umol 1522 ppf

2 Likes

@happilyretired those light kits you got come with a dimmer? Thought I read someplace you have to get the dimmer separate???

2 Likes

No they do not come with a dimmer. I just put put potentiometers on them super simple about 10 bucks each for good ones. The driver on these lights are designed to hook to A programmer. So the lights are very versatile.
I bought mine two years ago at the grow light depot Thanksgiving sale or black Friday whatever. Anyways I got two for $1200 delivered.

2 Likes

The grow light depot has the same price until the end of January. I guess it don’t matter where you get it from.

Less money and already assembled. That’s a no brainer :+1:t3::v:t3:

3 Likes

I’d like to introduce everyone to our new babies. 2 on the right Girl Scout cookies and LSD came up yesterday. 1 on the left Blueberry CBD poked its head up today.
For what it’s worth, always read people had trouble with germination. Since I started germinating in soil I’m at 100%

14 Likes

Flower room starting to stack up now. Starting to see a little frost starting too. Start of week 6

Autos are coming along nicely. Probably time to re-arrange the restraints and top

And so far havnt killed the babies

16 Likes

Just lovely, looking splendid Bow…

9 Likes

Question for all or any. Did my first flush ever today. Got one plant looking like it’s having a nitrogen deficiency. Dumped a gallon of ph’ed water in and test run off. Ph was 6.3 I usually go 6.2 6.3 in pro mix as it tends to run acidic.

Ppm was just under 5k got it down to 500, thats what my well water is.

Question is: by the time I got down to the correct ppm my ph was almost 6.8. Is it normal for it to go up as you flush?

Finished with last in at 6.2 and 1460 ppm with last feeding.

Found this one funny

11 Likes

I think that meme answers your question…lol you’d think it wouldn’t go any higher then what you pH’d the flush with. I’ve never had it rise higher then a couple tenths… I’m also soil so there is that!!!

2 Likes