Bow's Test Grow

Guess this where we post. Had these in solo cups and a couple weeks after they were potted up running on 1/2 dose of Jacks 321. Flushed with just phed water @6.2 then switched to the new formula. Fed using the feed chart for RO water. 2 weeks they were fed on the veg schedule.

Seen some deficiencies at first but also just flushed, so changed nothing and let them grow through it. Apparently it was just the flush. All the new growth is looking great. Today they got the first feeding on the flower schedule. Flipped 3 days ago already seeing some stretch starting, had to super crop a few tops.
20211004_115312
20211004_115256
20211004_115246
20211004_115240
20211004_115232
20211004_115228
20211004_115221
20211004_115214
Some look a lil droopy, they were sleeping. Had to mix some nutes for my autos so grabbed a few pics while I was in there. They seem to be very happy plants at the moment…:grin:

13 Likes

hey @bow4buck

Great that you are up and running with your grow and Ventana Plant nutrients. What varieties of cannabis do you have growing in your room? @mike.c might be interested here. Looking forward to updates. Happy growing.

5 Likes

@chrisj got 8 total in there. Bad Azz cookies, super Skunk, carmalicious x2, gscx x2 and my 2 monster crop zkittlez. Thought it to be a good mix of indica and sativa but leaves looking like I got alot leaning indica at the moment.

6 Likes

Looking good @bow4buck and some nice variety there aswell keep updates coming.

3 Likes

I’ll keep it updated for sure. I’m a busy man right now. Got a ton of things to wrap up on the farm so I can go hunting :grin:

6 Likes

Your living the life I wish I had :laughing: I’ve got nothing to do ,no farm,and can’t go hunting :laughing:.

4 Likes

I’m enjoying it. Fall is my favorite time on the farm. This when we know all the hard work is for the most part done. Most vegetables are finishing up. Just got mums, pumpkins and a few other things left. Almost time to retire for the winter :grin:

While I really can’t stand the cold, fall and winter is when I do most of my playing outdoors. Fall turkey hunting, archery for whitetails already started. I have to seriously thin out my fox squirrel population and sadly, if it gets cold enough probably be doing some ice fishing before its all done.

7 Likes

Now your rubbing it in :rofl::rofl: sounds good tho what temps you go down to there for winter

2 Likes

I’m looking at my suitcase wondering if I could get to you in time for turkey hunting :thinking::joy:

3 Likes

Actually the temps ain’t to bad here usually 20’s and 30’s but get the odd days when it slips into the single digits here and there.

Edit: Wait, should I be worried ya already have the suitcase out :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Hey bow ur looking real good love the mix of plants and the supercrop looks good too good luck with the rest of ur grow

5 Likes

Ventana plant nutrients. I was going to set up a journal and invite everybody in the test group to post on it but I haven’t had time and now I’m having surgery tomorrow. I started my plants a while back I just haven’t had a chance to post yet or start a journal on them…sooooo since you started this journal bow I’m gonna go ahead and do my updating here. Kind of make it like that 20twenty grow journal. I hope that’s OK. Anyways here’s what I got going.

First two pictures September 15

September 27

Today October 6

11 Likes

I didn’t set this up. This spot was already created for us to use I think. :grin:

5 Likes

@happilyretired tag me please. I’ve already learned a bunch from you. Thanks.

4 Likes

Hey @bow4buck dont give the plant flower nutriens so soon. Watch the plants buds start appearing before giving them the flower nutrients. They will perform better. When i go to flower i wait untill the the bud sites are just starting to get about a small pea sized buds then i actuall give my plants my grow nutrients and bloom nutrients together for 1 week as the grow nutrients drop off. I have much better results this way. Many years ago i did the same thing…i was like oh im flowering so i need to switch nutrients. And it was in correct and too soon for the nutrients. The plants take 10 days to transition to flower anyways so i like to go flower nutrients at like 18-20 days into flower. Its like having the lights go out slowly vs just going off. I had way better buds because of this also. So changing my flower feed times and the sunset light change made some really great flower even better! Try it out and see for yourself. :+1: nice plants by the way

6 Likes

Definitely interested in anything that improves my grow. So, just switch back to veg nutes or do I need to flush again? I’m assuming I’m not changing brands i can just change back???..

Edit: I’ve been playing with the lights. Have often thought of transitioning over time. I did just flip but slowly turning up intensity over time since veg started

5 Likes

No switch back. Just next time as your approaching 12days into flower start to add the flowering nutrients at the same time. I dont flush when i change to flower. I use coco and promix. I hand water 1x a day. I see your using jacks 321. I have to test this brand out. Id like to know a little more about this nutrient program to say exactly how to do this with your nutrient line. But just wait until the plant starts to transition into flower a little more before giving the flower nutrients. Thats it. Im doing a little experiment right now where im giving a few plants some roots organic surge and Hp2. Before going to the flower nutrients. Kind of like the lights dimming and simulating sunset. Im hoping to add a little more “P” just as the plants transitioning into flower if this affects anything like speed of flowering? Or better budding faster. Ive tested one set of plants now one more test group and i will know if it helps or hinders?

And your doing the other nutrients now? So my comments are only for the transition part not nutrients related to your grow now.

5 Likes

Looking good! I am still waiting to start my grow with them. I was wondering about the first feeding during the seedling phase. What day did you apply it?

3 Likes

@bow4buck
See the area i circled. This is the area of intrest im talking about when people switch to flower. See how it has all the nutrients at the same time and then the grow nutrients drop off. Now depending on the strain is the tricky part. And that part is how long do you feed or fertigate in days or over a week or 2? I use manufacturer’s feeds charts as a starting point only but i usually go weaker until i get a feel for how my plants and environment react together. Then i can do more testing later. I did a Dutchpro nutrients run 2 months ago and i went a hair too weak on the nutrients at first but corrected it quick. But new nutrients and new strains at the same time was a little trickier than i liked but i still pulled some off some killer bud but. Now im running the same plant strains with my regular nutrients and testing them out as a comparison.

6 Likes

@PreyBird1 understood and completely see where you are going with it. Advice taken.

Hey I’m going to hit you.up on DM. Have an off topic subject I want to pick your brain on and don’t want to muddy up this thread to bad.

5 Likes