Bow's Test Grow

Well I Telya, if you go up to the pictures that I took and you see the seedlings on the first picture you can see they’re starting to show regular leaves. That’s when I switched from the clone X rooting solution to the seedling feed. As you can see they all liked it pretty much except cherry Garcia. That one got stunted. So with this experience under my belt, I would say second set of split leaves would be the time to start. At least that’s what I’m gonna do. I think it’s just a little too hot for some seedling starting out.

They have now been on the regular feeding chart for a week or so.

5 Likes

15 days from flip. Still look to be stretching and some pre flower action seen for the first time yesterday. Started them on flower nutes at flip. Taking @PreyBird1 recommendations, easing them into it. Had already mixed a 30gal batch, took half that and fed to autos and house plants. Topped off the remaining with RO and been feeding at half strength. Preybird wat ya think, start upping a little at a time from here?

That last pic 2 carmalicious just a little behind the rest on the pre flower action.

11 Likes

If you want you can go stronger. I still like a bit bigger of a bud showing. I mean i Like to able to see a definate bud before i give bloom nutrients. Here is an example of when i switch the nutrients. But i give my plants grow and bloom nutrients in the 1 week of flip then the grow nutrients drop off.

these are my plants in different lights to show the difference and to illustrate what i look for before giving bloom nutrients.

11 Likes

36 days from flip. No signs of anything detrimental. Did notice once I upped the flower nutes, started getting some tip burn that wasn’t there. No big deal, ill just be keeping an eye on it.
Mostly closeups today, defol makes it hard to see the plants.

So far no complaints about it with my plants. Ventana seems to be keeping them healthy and happy :blush:

9 Likes

Not at all surprising you may see some tip burn on your leaves after a heavy defoliation…
Less leaves to metabolise the same amount of nuets…may be a little lag but I’m betting your leaves will be back with a vengence!

7 Likes

@bow4buck hey boss when do you do your heavy defoil? I always do mine like day 14. Maybe I’m a little early? Definitely watching this rebound! Nice looking girls

3 Likes

I usually hit them right around day 21. Seems to be the sweet spot. Enough foliage to remove, plenty of time to recover and usually have pretty good branching by then so I can see what stays and what goes. Think these were like day 25-28. Been hunting so pre occupied :grin:

5 Likes

Update today. 53 days from flip and starting to see some swell starting. Time to see if the nutes does well with bud development. Feed was increased again last night to 3/4 dose. If they look good after this, they go to full dose in a few days.

15 Likes

What do you mean by giving 3/4 dose? Did I miss something, are you supplementing with something else? If you’re at 53 days from light flip that’s about 7 1/2 weeks. I would’ve thought you would’ve been full strength on the Vantana long before now. I still have mine on full strength vege, but they still seem a little bit hungry so my next feeding I’m gonna pop it up a little more. Then they flip the flower Sometime after that.

So far I’m really liking the results from the Vantana. Especially how it holds pH. I haven’t done bloom yet but so far with the veg nutrients with RO water, it PH‘s at about 5.9 then over a couple of days it creeps up to 6.7 and then holds there or drops just a little bit before the tank is empty. Right now I’m getting between a half and 3/4 of a gallon runoff from all the plants. I’m pumping it back into the tank. Right now they’re eating 15 gallons in seven days. 4 plants.

I’ll be doing a big update on mine in a couple days on my journal.

10 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had no ph issues either using this stuff.

Just been working them slowly into the flower nutes to see how they do. They will get to full dose rather quick now. Figure I’ve got about 4 weeks left and thats where the magic happens anyways. If I miss the mark then I know for next time.

Kinda thinking I could run half dose the whole grow and they would be fine :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Well this is a test grow so I’m following their nutrient chart. I will be at full strength bloom nutrients third week after light flip. We’ll see what happens. :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Nice i need to start mine. Im in some seed runs and id rather not mess these up trying something i have never used before on strains that are hard to get or discontinued. Soon ill be able to start.

5 Likes

She deserves a little droop after being bent up like a hubcap in a bad neighborhood. I feel like I need to call the chiropractor after seeing the pics and it’s lights on and when I open up in a minute I suspect my plants may throw a ball of perlite at my hands. Plants :“we saw the pics a-hole. Stay back or else!” Can you believe them little hybrids? I can do most training comfortably however I need to learn how to for a few reasons super stretchy plants and MAJOR canopy fill in. I can super crop no prob for scrog managing even canopy easy cake jobs but you my friend know the goal and I guess maybe it helps with managing light dist more evenly as well.

3 Likes

These did not get the training they deserved. Was kinda busy remodeling the grow room when these should have been getting worked on.

Next round is in cups at the moment, they will get the full treatment :grin:

2 Likes

Sounds like the critters on the farm I grew up on in Jasper, SW Missouri. Where do you live at @bow4buck ?

Marty

1 Like

I’m in Western Ohio brother.

2 Likes

Bout the same weather and critters then.

Marty

2 Likes

Bro I hope you can help me. I just got on this forum and I don’t know how to post or ask questions. You seem to know what your talking about so I figured I would just try asking you. I use the Vantana nutrients lineup and I like to pre make my nutrient resevoir. My question is once the nutrients are mixed how long can they sit before they start to degrade or go bad ?

4 Likes

@localhoney , welcome to GN ! I’ll give you some help in utilizing the site.

1. You can draw any specific member(s) you choose attention by using a @ before their moniker just like I did to your name here.

2. You can PM (private message) any grower you like by simply clicking on their picture or Icon. A popup shows ‘message’ Just click on that and you can complete your message and hit send.

3. You can respond in any thread by going all the way to the bottom of that thread and click on the blue ‘reply’ button

4. If you have questions about any specific topics, you can go to the magnifying glass at the top of the page in the dark band. Click on the magnifying glass, type in your chosen topic, and any conversations related to that subject will appear! It’s a great tool and avoids asking a lot of questions that have been previously answered in detail !!

Good luck, and welcome again to GN !

3 Likes

The biggest problem is there is nonaeration in the nutrients so the cleaner the water the less microbes will grow in the liquid. Like waterborne pathogens. I would probably say 2 weeks.

2 Likes