Bow's Test Grow

Thank you bro I really appreciate the knowledge. I m only storing for 3 days at most before I use the mix. 4th week of flower and they are so thirsty now the mix never lasts longer than that.

Appreciate you man
5 Likes

Hey man my name is Jesse and I’m new to this site. I’m having a hard time navigating or getting any of my questions answered. Im really hoping for some help and ideas on flushing. So I grow in coco using the basic Ventana nutrient lineup. I am day 43 of flower. The top colas of my plants are riping alot faster than the bottom. It’s cause my tent is packed full of plants so the canopy is thick and not alot of light penetrates. I do have lighting under the canopy from below but they are still maturing slower. So my question to you is harvesting in sections like that ok to do. Top the caps and let the bottom go a week or two more.if I go about this method how would I flush so the first cut off the tops is not loaded with nutes? Flush the plant a week, cut the tops, then immediately start feeding again ? Please any and all advice would help

3 Likes

Hey guys my name is Jesse and I’m new to this site. I’m having a hard time navigating or getting any of my questions answered. Im really hoping for some help and ideas on flushing. So I grow in coco using the basic Ventana nutrient lineup. I am day 43 of flower. The top colas of my plants are riping alot faster than the bottom. It’s cause my tent is packed full of plants so the canopy is thick and not alot of light penetrates. I do have lighting under the canopy from below but they are still maturing slower. So my question to you is harvesting in sections like that ok to do. Top the an caps and let the bottom go a week or two more.if I go about this method how would I flush so the first cut off the tops is not loaded with nutes? Flush the plant a week, cut the tops, then immediately start feeding again ? Please any and all advice would help

2 Likes

Been in this same situation a couple times. You don’t need to do a week long flush. I’ve flushed once, get the ppm as low as you can go in one shot. Give the plants a couple days and take your tops. Turn the nutes right back on and let the lowers finish. The lowers may or may not fatten up but the quality definitely improves IMHO.

3 Likes

I agree Kinda. Another option would be to remove all the leaves that don’t have any sparkles on them and then wait a few days and then start your flush. With all the light that’s being blocked by all them small leaves hitting them after trimming, The lowers will probably ripen relatively fast.
If you’re that close to harvest, no matter what you do it will be fine. They still continue ripening through the process of drying. Once they’re in the window you’re good to go.
With those nutrients, if you flush really heavy and get the ppm way down the flush will be fast. The plants never stop eating. And they have no available nutrients they start cannibalizing their lower leaves. I grew a lot of outdoor too and you can’t flush that and I never have any problem with flavor. I usually just water to runoff with plain RO water for my last feeding and in a couple of days when it’s dry…:axe::axe:

4 Likes

@localhoney, Welcome to GN!

Hey you can get a lot of information using that search (magnifying glass) at the top of the page!

If you have a subject in mind just type it in that search box and you should get lots of info!!
FWIW

2 Likes

That’s about how long I keep made up nutes for 2-3 days, and if your adding inoculate it’s better to add it a day or two in advance it “wakes them up” and gets them going. If it doesn’t have built in sugars then add a little molasses for them to feed on.

Marty

2 Likes