California coastal grow

They’ve been on a light / dark schedule of
11 hours on and 13 off.

On a different note… these purple punch seedlings are doing pretty good too. About 3 weeks old

2 Likes

Wait on the nutrients. Let the plants start to show a little more budset. Meaning you can definatly see the tiny buds before you change the nutrients to bloom. And make sure you flush the plant before switching the bloom nutrients also.

1 Like

Help! These leaves are getting real droopy today. I last watered them Monday morning…? What’s going on??!

@PreyBird1 @scotty17 @Tygrow78 @oldguy @chrisj

Do different strains drink water at noticeably different rates? I’ve been giving these 3 the same water and nutes.

1 Like

Gave her a small drink of PH’d water. Maybe a cup or so. I’ll check back on her in a few hours

1 Like

Looking worse by the hour :scream::scream::scream::scream:

I was waiting to see if anyone else chimed in, but my 1st guess was to water them. Your roots might be bound too tight, or root rot? Those would be my 1st diagnosis… :v:

I’m pretty sure I identified the issue. The black plastic pots I’m using didn’t have quite enough drainage holes in the bottom. Seems like there was water sitting in the bottom. I drilled out a bunch of holes in the bottom and lower part of the pot for some air flow. Got a bunch of water out of there right away. Also elevated the pot so air could move under and it can freely drain.

Anyone have any experience with this? Think it will recover?

Also is it bad to repot during flower?

We’ll see how she looks when I open the tent in 4 hours…

2 Likes

I was going to say over water. Drowning roots

1 Like

it will recover. This is why drainage is so important. Fun fact coco coir can be completly saturated with water and still contain 20% air.

2 Likes

Should I repot it? Feel like it might like some new dry soil down in the bottom. Or do nothing and see if it recovers…

1 Like

You could transplant it to a bigger pot at the same time. And watch the leaves you want them pointing up a little reaching for the light.

It’s only in week 3 of flower. Still has a ways to go.
Really considering drilling some holes in a Home Depot bucket. That’s all I have and I’m going away for the weekend. At least it’ll be in fresh soil. FF ocean forest is what I’ve been using.

i would also like to know if its a good idea to repot when in flower…my assumption was no…

I would repot it. It hasnt stretched. Now in an auto i would not do it. I have done it to an auto and i dont recomend it. I have replanted photos lots of times. Didnt hurt it. Buds are just starting. It has to recover now anyways in a couple days from the over water. What the difference if you speed up the process with fresh soil and bigger pot. Just do it fast. If you wait to long and hit week 6 and it has gotten big in a small pot it will get rootbound issues and it will stunt its growth. I dont count flowering until day #11 as day #1 when bud sites are barely visible.

It’s too late now. They’re in the dark cycle now and I’m leaving for the weekend before the lights come on. Just gonna have to hope that it dries out with all the holes I put in the bucket + elevating it an inch off the floor for airflow. Also worked in a bunch of perlite into the soil. We will see how it went in 72 hours. Actually that’s not true I have someone coming by the house and he can send me a picture of what’s happening. :crossed_fingers:t4:

I’ll probably repot it on Monday night or Tuesday morning If it’s still alive

Lol it will be fine :slightly_smiling_face: just a little water logged.