California Snow (auto flower) in a 4X4 AC Infinity tent

I have been using a cheap PH meter from amazon until a few days ago…Its been telling me that my tap water from California is high on the PH, so I have been using PH down… Could using to much PH down cause this ? I got a good PH meter now, so going forward I should be good.

7 Likes

Glad to hear you’ve obtained a good meter!

No, usually using pH up or down to hit your target will not cause an issue…
I assume you’re mixing all your nutrients and adjusting pH at the end. One thing you might want to do is recheck the pH of your nutrient solution 12 hrs after mixing it ,and see if you get the same reading you did when it was freshly prepared !

Nutrient ‘buffering’ stability varies widely between manufacturers…
Good Luck ! Bob

9 Likes

You know another thing you may consider is either purchasing or buying a Reverse Osmosis (R/O) unit to produce water for your grows…beginning with R/O water makes EVERYTHING IN CANNABIS CULTURE easier!

I grew up in SOCAL and our water commonly hit pH 8.5 ! Some eastern Cali water sources can be better,
but even up here in Chico (where we get a lot more rain/snow melt) our tap runs about 7.5…

9 Likes

Think we are still doing well, buds seem to slowly start becoming a bit fuller. Clearly shows the front 2 starting bloom a bit earlier than the 2 in the back. The yellowing seems to have slowed down a bit, I think I might actually also have underwater them a bit… I am noticing that they start drinking quite a bit more, so will keep a close eye on that. Looking into a countertop R/O unit, if anybody has any good suggestions let me know. If nothing else it will give me some better drinking water :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I’m not a pro, but how usually I check when they need to be watered. I simply stick my finger into the soil for one inch, and if it’s dry, I water them until it will start leaking from the bottom. Always worked fine.

7 Likes

Same here, I guess I just have been very careful for overwatering. In the beginning I did have a bit of gnats problem, which sounds like usually the issue is overwatering. So probably flipped to the opposite side of the spectrum :slight_smile: But yes I stick my finger in the soil and feel the weights of the pots…

8 Likes

Looking just beautiful and splendid.
U got a good pheno here. Look at those nodes going to explode like a blown nose :flushed:

“Behind every beautiful thing, there’s some kind of pain”

7 Likes

According to the calendar I only have 2 weeks left, but I really hope its going to take a bit longer…
Hoping they start swelling up a bit soon.

6 Likes

That calendar works only in perfect conditions, which was created by breeders. In real life can take way longer, depends on many factors. Mine is 11 weeker. Now girls are in their 12th week and I plan to keep them till the mid march at least.

7 Likes

This is the ultimate set up as it produces deionized water…can’t get better than that but if you search Amazon you may find it cheaper or lots of standard R/O units…
Good luck !
50 GPD 4-Stage RO Buddie Reverse Osmosis/Deionization System – aquaticlife.com

8 Likes

That’s the one I have works great. Looks like you’re doing a good job here…:+1:t3::v:t3:

9 Likes

F*ck the calendar :slight_smile: Some breeders actually try to get their estimation correct, but more often than not it’s just another selling point (the shorter the better).
You’re far from done! First there’s the formation of flowers, then growth in height, looks like that’s where you are at now. Then they will increase in volume, become bigger. After that they will increase in mass, getting heavier, and finally there’s the ripening process… So they’re not done for a minimum of 4 weeks, my most optimistic guess. Probably even longer than that. Get a juwelers microscope or one of those cheap digital WIFI microscopes on amazon to check your trichomes in a month :wink: Happy growing.

8 Likes

sidenote

Clear: not ready yet, too little THC in em.
Predominantly white: THC content is the highest, harvest time! "I want to get hiiiiigh, so high"
More amber: ur getting late, THC is breaking down, you get more CBN now which gives you that KO stone.

7 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, that they definitely need some more time. Hoping the bulk a much more, looks like they will. Ordered indeed a cheap microscope from Amazon, so I can check. On my way to the Home Depot to check out the R/O systems. Just need something small to keep the wife happy :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the advice guys, very helpful !
will post some updated pics this afternoon when the lights are on.

5 Likes

The front 2 plants are for some reason ahead of the other 2 plants. Not sure why that would be, only think I could think off is that the back ones got a bit more airflow from the fans.

The front plants are bulking up nicely, starting to feel a bit more confident about the end result… !

9 Likes

Here is another update, was out of town for week for a few days !

Few close ups:

10 Likes

They are starting to stink !! :slight_smile: Filter is doing its work though, just when the tent is open.

11 Likes

I did the Cal Snow outdoors last summer. It’s a good auto strain.

10 Likes

Oh wow, looks like you did really well !!

9 Likes

How much did they yeild?

9 Likes