Can someone tell me how to clean a corona discharge ozone generator

It’s making that snap Crackle pop sound:(

2 Likes

I read the laboratory technique but don’t have the set up to evaporate with hot gas and ph controled water .

2 Likes

Let me tag some growers for you :wink:
@tdubwilly @macgyver_stoner @Bogleg @myfriendis410

2 Likes

Tks you very much;)

2 Likes

Your very welcome! :wink:

2 Likes

Haven’t anyone ever cleaned a ozone generator lol??

3 Likes

Not me! I don’t even know how it’s doing it: high intensity UV?

3 Likes

This one is a corona discharge generator I think it’s arcing electricity.

3 Likes

But yes uv light from that creates the ozone

3 Likes

You can download a PDF here:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US6793739B2/en

2 Likes

Oh tks goodness ur awesome

2 Likes

I can’t afford to buy a new one and the cops love to harass us for smell control so they can get the fine haha

1 Like

My pleasure. Folks can find me on LinkedIn. More friends the merrier.

2 Likes

For sure;)

1 Like

Hi,

Used to clean them when I worked at retail shop and we did sell some used ones. There isnt anything really special that needs be done. Air compressor do work most of the time and a very soft brush. If you do need to use liquids, glass cleaner works fine, just be really sure it is absolutely dry before you turn power on.
If you do hear crackling after it is clean, this likely means either the mesh has a dent or bump into, just straithen it or it may be the glass is fractured,(may be a very tiny almost invisible crack) and you should replace the faulty tube.

Inspect all wires, they might also be cracked. Ozone has a way of wearing things down quite quickly. Use electrical contact cleaner on every prong and connectors
Again, wait for everything to be really dry before connecting power again.

And whatever happens, no matter how curious you may be to locate the crackling, do not look at those tubes while they are powered. UV will injure your eyes.

cheers!

3 Likes

Tks man the manuals online are kinds vague as to what gas to use I guess they ment air lol. Great to hear it from experience I feel safe now;) & prefer to do maintenance myself as u can imagine less ppl involved the better;)

2 Likes

OK. If it can be cleaned with a glass cleaner, you should be safe with iso as well. Although my ionizer doesn’t have a metal screen tube, it does have ceramic plates with metal screen mesh on them, and the company that makes them does recommend using iso tro clean them.

~MacG

2 Likes

Prob 70% eh? I find 70% works better in lights

1 Like

I’ve even used 50%, but my screens are pretty heavy gauge stainless steel.

So be thoughtful of rust and where the iso might want to drip or get things wet.

2 Likes

Will keep that in mind;) tks again u guys are life savers

2 Likes