Cannabis in USA vs SA

Hi

A brand new video published, including an interview with Tony Kerby from JAK Importers. He has over the last 2 years spent a fair amount of time in South Africa, tasting some of our finest. He has been a judge at the East Coast Cannabis Cup for the last two years and was the main sponsor for last weeks Canna Cup. Amazing man, with so much knowledge who has developed his own brand of lights in Michigan and recently started promoting and importing here to South Africa.

The Canna Club interviewed him at the Bathurst Agricultural Show where he gives insight to the differences in the USA and South African market and his experiences in SA. Enjoy.

4 Likes

The Ninja Goldfish Wash sounds interesting!

4 Likes

It really is great, Tony gave me a couple sample packs for PM and worked like a charm for us here. Looking forward to when he gets his license to import so I can buy a product that works.

8 Likes

Very interesting talk!
Australia is f*cking it up too with their licensing system and the ‘medical cannabis industry’. And there is no recreational legality yet, even. Except for the small independent Capitol Territory that encloses Canberra. It all comes down to the rich making themselves more rich again and the little guy, who basically paved the entire way for them, is being pushed out. Big Tobacco turned Big Canna etc, millionaires getting involved, …

The rules & regulations (regarding SOP, hygiëne, facility security, traceability, logistics …) alone for starting a grow operation for the medicinal market today are so ridiculous, making the initial investment so so high (and that’s exclusive the cost of licenses & permits) that you simply can not get involved if you are not a multi millionaire already, or find investors that are willing to invest millions before you even get your hands on a license. One would need a helluva pitch. But of course no investor is that mad.
If you are so lucky to get your hands on a license, you still need a permit and it is telling you exactly what strain you can grow, in which quantities, and to which ‘dispensary’ you must sell it to. So you’re still f*cked.

On top of that it is starting to look like that when recreational use would be legalised , it is going to be an entirely closed loop controlled by the government with gov’t controlled dispensaries, neutral packaging, etc…

Harrowing really, what they’re doing.
I’ll just make my money underground for the time being and risk going to the can.

I really hope South Africa is taking it slow & smart, giving the people that build this community a chance to benefit.

5 Likes

It’s ironic really. You need a solid business plan, location, everything installed, security, basically ready to go to be able to just get a license.
If you don’t have the money you would need some heavy investors and first of all they want to see…that’s right…your license (which you don’t have yet). Well done straya. #onlyfortherich

4 Likes

Same goes here. To buy a license in South Africa is essentially R1500 for a license for a piece of paper. Once you include the consultants and doing things correctly according to your license requirements the amount balloons to $50000, that excludes your 2 security cameras and electric fence that is supposedly something that will protect you when you are drying $157,628. Does not make cents or sense.

5 Likes

Can u get blue magic there where u r. It’s awesome awesome stuff against wpm. It works against bugs also but my experiences with wpm and it wipes it aways great.

4 Likes

Not to sure, but it does sound familiar. Its copper sulphate. I will give it a try next season, we dont have a problem with PM now, so life is good.

4 Likes

That’s the new ready to use version stuff this here is what I use. It’s all plant derived materials in this bottle. Contains soybean oil and the good stuff is basically a pheromone extracted from a hemp plant that they found that contains 6 different terpene profiles but no THC so the extract pheromones from this plant some how and make this with little other stuff added. It works awesome against wpm. It’s a little pricey but awesome shit. I was super Leary to spend the money to try it but didn’t wanna toss 9 plants. One spray killed it all and it didn’t come back. I use it to do bud washes at the end in a light dose and then do a rinse of peroxide water after. Awesome stuff

If any other info is needed please let me know and I will contact the maker I have contact with and get something figured out for ya.

2 Likes