CannaCon Expo in Seattle - February 2018

My Recap from CannaCon (Part 1)

Only a cannabis convention produces this kind of smile!

Okay okay… it could have been the pre-cannabis convention bong rips too!

Beautiful flight from Denver to Seattle! Until the lady in the seat in front of me crushed my kneecaps with her seat back. We had a little chat about flight etiquette.

The force was strong in front of CannaCon! I have a video of the song he was singing about how the cartels are going down too! Apparently, cartel awareness is a pretty big thing there?

From outside the entrance:

And there it is! More to follow!

2 Likes

It was truly a pleasure meeting you! I hope you got over to Chihuly at Seattle Center and had save travels home.

2 Likes

What a GREAT brand! Love what this product is doing to keep growers and staff safe!

2 Likes

It was SO nice to meet you! I’m guessing you made it out of Seattle despite the terrible storm :wink:

3 Likes

It was pretty funny, it was the last day of CannaCon and we were just walking into the convention at the start of the day and I hear someone say “hey Jordan!” and it’s @RayWearCC (and fantastic to meet you Daniel!) He was just on his way out the door, so it was just one of those by-chance meetings!

Oh and @RayWearCC, we TOTALLY need to get together to talk about eye safety with lighting. I went BLIND at some of those booths man! Did you see this product?

Insanely cool but holy bones did that give me a headache after a minute. @mastergrowers check out this tech, about the thickness of mylar film but LED’s covered the surface. I’d be so curious to see some testing done with this, you could make tubes of light around branches! Interesting anyway!

@AgriairApril it was so awesome to see you, always a pleasure and I do believe we have a conversation to finish up next convention about the state of the industry! :grinning: I just went through all of my pictures and I’ll be darned if I didn’t get one of you and the booth! I’ll just have to get double on the next one!

2 Likes

Here’s more on that thin LED sheet material:

And the flowering tech (I don’t think they’ve done much testing with flowering yet based on the conversation.)

2 Likes

That LED strip looks awesome. Any details on the ppf and ppfd at distances? Be awesome for the micro grows and space buckets.
And I for sure have some ideas for this. Ie.
In a low ruling environemnt. Like my current room at 6 feet - some nuisance utilities here and there. (I’m 6’1 :joy:). Because of photo tropism IMO one could grow plants side ways. Support branches kind of like espelier (training for grapes and fruit etc) the apical dominance and photo tropism will make the plant grow as normal just sideways. Infinite “height at that point”
My room is 15 feet wide for example

Giant sativa from the tropics anyone?
If I get the trial light from the other guys I may get a tent and attempt something f like this. With my 100 day in flower “m2” strain from Elev8
(Four way cross sativa “landraces”) very excited.

One could then line the top/ceiling with this type of light (depending on ppf , was thinking bar lights would work well) then the plants are receiving more light on "underside or lower branches than typical. At the same time it’s an efficient way to LST without much actual bending and training. Because of gravity I believe the plant will aim up if there is some light there (like growing out sideways under a trees’ canopy. It will follow the brightest sun until it’s free. Then go up from there.
I’ve seen flowers from LsT training just beging to set self “shared dominance” and leaves and flowers will also twist towards the light where possible.

Sort of confirmed this idea when I hung up the @fluence vyprx+. There was so much ambient light all of a sudden that the plants lower leaves didn’t attempt to raise and stretch for light anymore. Wasn’t a full canopy across room. And I have very reflective walls. Ambient light went for around 50 to over 200-250 depending.
(Debating growing lettuce/herbs on the walls now. Haha. Beautiful light spectrum. And powerful light.
I’m still debating diffusing this light with a sheet of poly/thermal blanket from the greenhouse industry. Loss of 6%-12% of light is more than ok with the vypr. And I think the diffusion of the light would be very beneficial. (Not sure if from my type of reflective insulation. But makes a laser pattern on the ground I’d like to see if it changes anything. Would also create a self maintaining zone for the heat of the lights and the environembt of the canopy.

( new kind of product from a company I met at greenhouse conference.
Will have more details in future when I’ve contacted them again.)
Was the most transparent/translucent thermal blanket on the market to date. And I only need a “sample” compared to one of their typical orders. But salesman seemed curious at the time. (And ridiculously unaware of anything in the industry.)
Is it beneficial to hire someone who is good at sales?
From my personal experience sales is done trough information to the client.
Allow them to make decisions and be there to support and inform. The amount of sales increase is amazing.
Little more work maybe.

And I will say they are not current on lighting tech with that blu-urple colour spectrum(for cannabis anyways) there may be room for it somewhere. Full spectrum is now proven. And will flush or the rest. Once cannabis cost/production matters.
And standardized industry testing beyond this “semi niche market”.

4 Likes

Anyone know who Jollie Ollie is? Famous YouTuber, does product reviews (and has a cult following!)

Ran into him at CannaCon! Very interesting cat!

3 Likes

Jordan, It was good meeting you in person my friend. I look forward to the next time our paths cross.

4 Likes

It was so funny that we were in the same isle and literally only separated by 2 booths! I loved meeting you and @Jordan - we had a blast this year!!!

Dawne Morris
Passion Pusher
www.proteus420.com

3 Likes

Me toooooo! So glad we met. Thanks @RayWearCC! Good people are always a good find!

2 Likes

It was awesome to meet you! I want to share a little story with everyone here, I just stepped into the booth to say hi to Dawne and another attendee of the conference stepped in for a minute to say she looked at all the competitions products similar to Proteus420 and that yours was hands down the best one! Hey, shameless plug (on my part) but it really happened, so keep on rockin’ it! :grinning:

4 Likes

If you didn’t get a chance to meet @ErikElder , this guy is high energy and has some cool nutrient products! Was awesome hanging out and BS’ing Erik, very nice to meet you guys! I’m not 100% on that nightclub but it was an experience nonetheless haha!

2 Likes

@Apeks_Supercritical

We photobombed your crew!

3 Likes

More trimming action from @GreenBroz ! Good to see you guys!

3 Likes

Hello Tom’s Tumble Trimmer! @TomsT It was fantastic to meet the both of you!

And the Tumble Trimmers!

2 Likes

Great meeting you in person too after posting back and forth in the network :slight_smile: You da man!!

2 Likes

Shout out to @cirrusledgrowlights ! Great to meet you guys and see the lights in action! Our tester on AFN loves his Titan!

Awesome chatting with some of the guys from @grodan @Grodan.Doug !

Nice to meet @CaliforniaLightworks as well, thank you for the demonstration of your lights!

3 Likes

Ran into the always lovely @Joella_HGS ! I told you I would bring you growers and I brought you growers haha! I had to laugh at all the people that were lugging around literally pounds of silica sand in their totes! I think everyone got bigger biceps after that show! :grinning:

@CIS-Erik Brother! I saw the CIS booth but again, you weren’t there. I did, however, meet who I thought was your younger sister. Turns out? It was your mother! I didn’t know it was a family business! And ohhhhh man, did I ever spend a few minutes sitting there while she told me EMBARRASSING stories about you! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m just kidding about the embarrassing stories, but I’m not kidding when she handed me her card and said I could call if I ever wanted to hear some dirt on you hahaha! :grinning: You better be at the next conference or there might be baby pictures surfacing!

4 Likes

Thank you Jordan! It was great to see you and exhibit at CannaCon. Thank you for your support and for bringing a fun tribe of growers. Can’t wait to see their results with our amazing product - Harvest Gold Silica…baby :slight_smile:

3 Likes