CBD strains

Anyone growing CBD strains?
Ive been growing for a while now, but this will be my first go at CBD for medicine. I suffer from arthritis and was looking for a different kind of relief.
How is your CBD grow?
How do you use your CBD flower?
Does it help you and how?

2 Likes

Hi, I have a Blueberry CBD on the go and it’s entering flower mode. Planted later then the rest of the garden but looking good. I am planning on taking 80% of my garden and extracting the oils out of the plants and making hash out of the rest. I will purchase an Extractcraft Source Turbo later this year.
I grow outside, so I just bought seeds for next year, 10 Pink Kush 30:1 and 14 Charlotte’s Angel 15:1. Both Autos (Seedsman has a special 5+5 & 7+7). Bought 90 total. Probably do some 50/50 CBD/THC around 9% like Compassion Lime, CBD Mango and Great White Shark next year as well and they will all be auto’s too.
I don’t smoke but enjoy a couple of 50/50 tea’s at night or chocolate during the day.
Photo’s from this year
1-My Tangerine,
2-Blueberry CBD top right
3-Mystery bud
Cheers

2 Likes

I love taking my CBDurban oil. I’ve tossed out my bottle of naproxen and just take my oil 3 Xs a day. I feel like I get longer relief from my oil than smoking my flower. Dinafem has some amazing CBD strains that I definitely want to grow soon. I tried getting seeds earlier in the year but the stopped shipping cuz of covid. Looks like their back up and running now, so I’m going to grab some. I definitely dont get the munchies like I would if I was taking just thc oil. The CBD helps counteract that effect.

1 Like

Harlequin is my go to for higher cbd strains

3 Likes

How do you use it?

I grow CBD, Dr.Swan and Cream and Cheese, which is a 1-1 CBD-THC.
I make tinctures and RSO from them. RSO can be put into capsules or anything. Tincture are made 2 ways…vegetable glycerin or Everclear.
Wanting to get Harlequin. Heard that’s a good one.

3 Likes

I agree with @bobette, on their choice of 1:1 strains. From what I’ve experienced and read up on, those are the best strains to use medicinally. That’s what my CBD plants are that I’m growing right now.

3 Likes

I grow outdoor and indoor hydro. I have cbd genetics I grow for people, but its all cbg for me. None of your receptors bind with cbd properly, but fully bind with cbg.
Cbd I grow T1, ac/dc, sweet, franklin, and late sue.
Cbg I grow Jack Frost and White cbg. I should have a few other cbg genetics soon too. Good times!!! I harvest every 2 months indoor, and of course 1 time a year outdoor.
They grow awesome. I only have good solid queens in my genetics. I am military mesically retired. I got messed up. So I have bad arthritis, my neck, shoulders, back, and knees are shot. I use this stuff Religiously. I am off all of the VA prescriptions too!!! I smoke it in bud form, bubble hash, and even vape. I also make edibles for myself with it. I still like to make some butter with it and rat a slice on my Raisin bread in the mornings.
This pic was taken after trimming some outdoor bottom branches. All of these oics are Jack Frost. Wveryone I know that uses cbg loves this genetic. I had to get the dam genetic tested last harvest cuz i had to make sure thc was still 0. That stuff gets me rocking. Hahaha

This one I trimmed up yesterday.

5 Likes

What do you look for in your trichs for cbg?
Curious…@bullfrog420

2 Likes

I watched a great cannabis documentary a while back that involved a university collecting samples of oil that medical pts were using. They were very shocked to find little to no amount of CBD in their oils. It had high levels of cbg and thc, and was suppressing pts seizures. So I started researching cbg and it is definitely an under looked cannabinoid. I agree with ya @bullfrog420, about the benefits of it. Where did you get your Jack Frost and White cbg genetics?

3 Likes

I actually have access to several other cbg genetics, these 2 just happen to be my favorite. Gelato is what Im going to grab up to grow next.

I did test studies on disabled veterans here where I live. 20 people total. Vets with amputated legs, ptsd, severe arthritis, hard corps mood swingers, lots of guys with brain impacts like me(tbi),etc etc. None knew each other or if they do they where all tested separate at separate days. ALL TEST SUBJECTS had identical reactions. All of them smoked it Through a water pipe. Arthritis numbed up, knees feel better, feels like a giant weight has been lifted from your chest and you get a relaxed feel. It Also made everyone have a happy feeling. Even ny grumpy ass Army ranger brother commented on how great of a happy, upbeat mode he was in. He didn’t know he was smoking cbg then either. I don’t tell them what they sample. Other weird thing…All of us get giant goose bumps when we ingest it. Visible to other people size goose bumps. hahahaha
As for the cbd…NONE of the subjects received any effect or feel that they could tell from any of the cbd products. I also was prt or some test studies we did in Colorado years back. We had to take a high dose of cbd to get any effect, and even if you did it was so mild. That was just me tho. I know people that love cbd, but i think its all hype.

4 Likes

Same as if I do if growing mj. I still let it go to full harvest by watching the trichomes change color and such, so when I get fully milky grey color on all the trichome heads, but before anything starts to pop. Don’t want that. Lol
I feel its better to let the plant go to its full potential, rather than take it down early like I habe seen others do with their products. Also, my cbg genetics have all tested 0.0 for thc. Jack Frost is usually like 12%-15% Cbg i believe. I hope the white comes out closer to 20% cbg. Im getting that tested here shortly.
Is that what you where asking or did I answer that way off…like playing baseball with football rules. Hahaha Its 4th and 5 on the 20 yard line, time for a sacrifice bunt. Hahahaha

4 Likes

@bullfrog420 :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Yes you answered the question!
I have just started looking into the CBG’s.
5 back surgeries…held together with screws, cages, rods, donor bone 9 fused vertebra …plus old age…:persevere:
I don’t let it hold me back tho. Off all meds, just cannabis. Alot!!!Lol!

3 Likes

D A M!!! You sound like I do with the broken body. Hahaha gees, glad you keep plugging away!!!
I was in a couple very hard MH47 chinook slams, broke my til bone on one, bruised up my ribs good, also had a few jump injuries. 1 of my jumps I had a parachute malfunction and had to pull my reserve. I hit so dam Hard I broke both legs, both wrists, damaged my c-series, and L-series in my back, Ive had so many head traumas with stitches and staples. I didn’t ride the bench hahaha 4 in the Marine Corps then I assessed and did an additional 6 in the Army on a special Ops team. Anyway,when you have so many injuries you forget…thats a lot. Hahaha
Well I can honestly say…Cbd did nothing for me personally, but ive had nothing but success with my cbg.

3 Likes

Last year I constantly used СBD substances to fight insomnia that plagued me for several months. Then came the year 2020 and this whole situation with covid which is very untimely appeared and I could no longer use the delivery of my favorite product from Koality Medicinals which helped me a lot. Fortunately, in quarantine and self-isolation, I managed to try myself as a gardener and I started growing this wonderful plant. I love the way this process is going and I’m not going to stop)

3 Likes

Growing helps in multiple ways!!! Don’t stop!!! Try to get some cbg plants if you can. Try it out.

2 Likes

I’m suddenly reminded of my skiing accident two years ago when I broke all of my fingers and wrist in my left hand and two ribs from a pretty high fall. I was on painkillers pretty much everyday and I’m still experiencing pain in those places to this day, but I’m usually taking care of those with some CBD oil in the evening. I’m about to run out sadly because the place from where I used to buy closed so my friend recommended me BEST CBD drops, which he’s been using for a while now and has nothing but good things to say about it.

I personally don’t have any idea about it.

@bullfrog420 where do you get your CBG seeds? I’m very interested.

Dam man thats rough. I used to live in summit county colorado and could walk to the lifts. Man I have been tore up doing 20’-30’ drops before or hitting one of those 50’ kickers. Dam I miss that. The ride not the breaks hahahaha I was board sliding a tree over a creek at Abasin and slid out. Tore my tendons and broke my hand. I cant imagine all of my fingers and such like you said you did…thats brutal. If your still running out of cbd let me know, I will make you some cbd and or cbg stuff to send to you. Im a huge fan of cbg! No worries. I am doing a bunch of extractions today actually. It takes my slacker self a couple days to finish the winterizing and to get it into the roto evap and distiller,depending what you need made to help you. Just shoot me a pm and i will chat with you bud. I will just stick you on my sampler list! Lol

1 Like