Cdoggs first grow

I couldn’t agree with you more. By all means dabble away. But it’s great to have some expectations for the norm ya know. I say it all the time I really do. Get a grow or 2 under the belt so you know what’s what in the general consensus of things. After that you’ll know what to expect and when. That’s a great step in the right direction. But you got the bug now and you’ll have plenty of grows ahead of you… Like many many …

3 Likes

Yes totally agree the more grows the more I’ll learn. But also, the reason I ask is because I’m curious to know general thought or even science on why the plant shows certain things. Yes, at the end of the day it’ll push through and maybe I’ll be smoking on some from the labor or love. But I do absolutely enjoy the response side of a plant. Sure, I’ll wait around a week and see what happens… but I still want to know why.

The one top is starting to look pretty friggin awesome. I’m showing yellowing on more fan leaves. Phosphorus? Calcium? I’ve never really added any calcium. Trying to go with dry amendments. pH? Idk, but always love to hear what you all think.

I also have quite a bit of pistils turning brown at the tips…

3 Likes

That definitely looks like hunger to me. As they finish up they will borrow nutes from Peter to pay Paul so to speak you dig? BUT it’s too early for all that now so nutes must be utilized. I don’t remember your entire dry amendment deal so that’s for you to figure out. A runoff reading would be super helpful in this instance and a great beginners tool for you. Yes yes yes, many dudes don’t pH but as this is your first go around you might get some good info from it. Didn’t we talk about pH pens and this stuff way back…lol okay maybe like a month ago? Did you ever get one, have you tried it yet - It’s a super helpful tool.
But in wrapping up - yes they / it are hungry… Like a :hippopotamus:… hungry hungry Hippo … nums nums Yums :yum:
And if I remember correctly your in FF soil so she’s about out of fuel now anyways so she’s right on track I’d say for some vittles.

2 Likes

Perfecto. Yes, I’m in FFOF, and was expecting to see some deficiency because I’ve been taking it easy with the organics. The plan is to do a seabird guano tea, I top dressed it a few days ago but that’s not moving in there quick enough. I’m also going to do a ph reading. Im in a 3 gallon pot, how much runoff should I be going for? Just enough to dip the pen in?

2 Likes

So you already fed her recently? This has to be considered, I don’t know much about teas and such so I want this noted so you know. I’m asking just as much but do you have or get a ppm on your teas? You said you feel as though it’s “not Moving in quick enough.” Did you pH before so you know it’s taking in nutes? If you knew pH & ppm going in and you knew pH & ppm on runoff = what she’s eating. And if your pH coming out is too high or low you’ll also know which goodies she was able to uptake. Thus giving you your deficiency or pH problem.
Also while I’m pretty baked… Do you know how awesome those little diatoms are. DE has got to be the coolest shit ever. They say there’s miles of it on the ocean floor, layer upon layer. We get more then half our O2 from them microscopic Little fudgers, seen from space.
Oh and lol… until your cupith overflowith with runoff… It’s just that man let it runoff. You can get all crazy and keep letting it runoff if you need to get some #'s down too. That’s covered it the second semester in more detail. That’s in the advanced growing weeds “really” class… LMAO

2 Likes

Did you get water with nutes in it on some of the leaves? That’s what happens with me, especially on the lower leaves. They turn whitish like that. I trimmed the bottom of the plants now so I have room to feed.

5 Likes

I’m not feeding with nutes but potentially some dry amendments… I’m going to say underfed though, I pretty much waited until the plant started talking to feed it.

4 Likes

That’s exactly how I do it… don’t tell anyone though… Ppl and their 2 cents ya know… lol but seriously call me frugal, call me stupid, call me a rookie - whatever. It’s how I like to do it. I think it’s curiousity if I can tell or something… I dunno but I don’t feed every week and you know fox farm has nutes and I transplant like 3 times per plant. Whatever …:flushed::thinking: … hey OR maybe I’m just an idiot and like all my learning lessons it takes failure for me to learn. But I do take runoffs and know my pH’s on my plant. Only 1 of my plants is around 800 ppm right now, the rest are all popping 1000+ . With that info I know what’s what. So bite on that ppl that are saying “what a fool” … lol
I’m am definitely not saying this as in I know what doing… I’m just saying it’s different strokes for different folks and your not wrong. You do you man…

6 Likes

Yeah I’m with you. I suspect a bit of a pH lockout, by this point the dry amendments should be getting down there, and I’ve also done some liquid feedings with microbes.

It’s an 8-10 week auto… on Friday it’ll be 7 weeks. Do I have time to correct the pH? If so, how? I prefer to stay organic. I have some brown pistils popping up as well.

Again, no idea what to expect here lol but it’s been fun nonetheless!

4 Likes

That’s seven weeks on the 10 week auto flower? I think one thing most people don’t think about is not every seed is perfect. Some of them are developmentally disabled. It doesn’t matter what you do they are not going to perform well. :man_shrugging::+1:t3:

4 Likes

Yes! Lol finally someone said it😂 That would make me feel a lot better about how things have gone. I have stockpiled some much better genetics since I planted this. Running some photos next.

5 Likes

Even with good genetics you can still get bad seeds. They’re not all perfect. All these giant facilities that are putting out all these huge volume to killer product, it’s all coming from One Plant. They do their Fino hunt with hundreds and pick one and then clone clone clone.

5 Likes

Well… lesson learned. Just checked runoff and my pH is 4.5😭

Plant is struggling bigtime obviously. How do I get this up quick. I was planning on going to get lime from the nursery

2 Likes

Give it a really good flush with water pH of 6.5. Water it until you have about a gallon of runoff. That will immediately bring your root zone up.

3 Likes

Shit even flush with up to 7.5/8 don’t have to be exact … But gotta get that number up fo sho. 4.5 is low low… Mary no like!

4 Likes

I just said 6.5 because I couldn’t remember what is growing in. And that number will make the root zone happy in Any medium. It doesn’t need to be perfect but at least you have a target :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Ah awesome. I was afraid I wouldn’t have time to adjust it before it was toast.

1 Like

Also, do they stop drinking water at whacky pH ranges??

2 Likes

No they stop drinking water when they have dead problems … lol

5 Likes

Seeing some action! Trying to decide if I want top top dress it again. Still maybe deficiency or nutrient burn with the yellow tips at the top?

4 Likes