Cdoggs first grow

Thinking ahead to drying. My conditions aren’t the best. My shed gets up to 85+ in some cases. How do I work with temps like that? Add humidity? Someone said paper bags? First run so I’m sort of clueless. A step by step would be killer… this will be a small harvest.

This should be done soonish.

4 Likes

I won’t be able to be any help I’ve never had this problem. Back when I first started growing, my first outdoor I dried in a shipping container. We had some really hot days. It dry’d a little bit fast and I did make sure that I had very light air movement in there also. But I was doing a lot of volume at the time and you might want to add moisture to slow it down. Sorry I’m not much help :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This shipping container was outside??

1 Like

Yes sir. Just a big steel box sitting out in the sun all closed up with a fan running in it and trees hanging in there. There was a lot of volume so I didn’t dry all that fast because it was sealed. You can take a towel and hang it so one and is in a 5 gallon bucket full of water and put a fan blowing on it and that will increase the moisture in the air in the room or shed or whatever. I am is this before to slow down drying, and it actually worked pretty good. You can also use a cardboard box and hang your branches inside and if it’s drying too fast you can stick moist paper towel in the bottom. This should also slow it down. If you get a fairly large box cut a 3 inch hole in the bottom corner of one side and cut a 3 inch hole in the top corner of the opposite side. Poke holes all the way down both sides of the box opposite each other. Take a string back-and-forth through the holes and then hang your branches from the string.Make sure there’s air movement around that box doesn’t have to be straight at it but needs to be a fan moving the air in the room. These are all things you can do to slow down your Dry time. Paper bags work good to but I wouldn’t recommend putting damp paper towels in the bottom of those because the plants will be sitting on the wet paper towels. I have never personally done the cardboard box thing because I do not need to. But there’s plenty of videos on it and I’ve seen lots of people talk about it. I have never heard a negative comment except for one where someone had a whole room full of stack boxes and didn’t turn the fan on and it all molded. That guy had a huge loss from a stupid mistake. Anyways you have a little time to think about it and plan what you’re going to do. Very smart asking about things like this before you get there. :wink::+1:t3:

1 Like

I have found that Auto seeds can be hit or miss. Ive had some good auto plants and Ive had some weird looking ones.

1 Like

Yeah my biggest problem was only planting one… had nothing to compare it to. Another lesson learned!

2 Likes

Well, one of these days you guys will decide to just say screw it and chuck the weak ones. Yeah the seeds are usually somewhere around 10 bucks each, but that’s nothing compared to the time that you spend growing them not to mention the rest of the costs. For me once a plant gets to a certain point behind the other ones were there’s no chance of it being anywhere close to equal for that particular grow, it’s gone. It’s just not worth the time you spend on these things to try to nurse some thing sick back to health, at least not worth it to me… that being said I did spend a lot of time at the beginning of this journey working on sick plants which I learned quite a bit from. But my biggest lesson was once you know the perceivable future of a plant it makes it easy to cull it :+1:t3::v:t3:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m totally with you. This was the most rookie “run” ever. Learned a ton but the next one will have quite a few changes including popping more than two seeds

3 Likes

It wasn’t the most rookie run ever. There was a guy here a while back I’m not gonna mention his name. But he struggled growing 2 inch tall plants for like a month and a half or two months. He got a tremendous amount of help and six months later he knew everything I was giving all the wrong advice to new people. So your grow is an A+ compared to anything that dude did… just sayin…:wink::+1:t3:

2 Likes

85 isn’t too bad unless you’ve got a strain that’s super picky about high temps. Keep the air moving. What’s your rh? I had 2 plants get up into triple digits in my “indoor” this summer. 1 toughed it out like a champ (50/50 hybrid) the other HATED it (indica heavy hydrid).

1 Like

Humidity gets down to 45-50 during the day and a around 60 and night. You’re talking 85 temps for drying?? So far the plant has done decently well with pretty high temps

1 Like

I brought them in to dry. I try to stay as close to 60/60 as possible for drying.

1 Like

Yeah I wish! Lol that post up there was referring to drying at 85 temps

1 Like

Sorry. I missed that. It can be done. In the hash regions they use open air drying houses. I may be wrong but I think you would want your rh a little lower when drying at higher temps. 60rh at 60 degrees represents a lower total water content than 60rh at 85.

3 Likes

With that quote have been being said… Thus - he is @ the beginning of his journey and wanting to learn quite a bit from.

OH … No he didn’t :rofl::rofl::rofl: oh yes he did…
Happy is all - “throw them weak biotches out, you’s got 2 learn it’s friggen 10 bucks”
M egger we got 4 plants growing… you just harvested 20 pounds … Great balls of fire dawg!!!
Man how did I miss your thread for 2 weeks man… I bean busy dude. I Bean real busy like stalking Hap. CDogg I can’t even throw away a friggen clipping man. I’ll nurse a sick plant for a week, maybe more but I do have limits. But sometimes I’ll do it just to get back at the plant and show it who’s boss AND omg I’ll keep it as Fonzie as I can … But that cat . seriously :flushed:. Them plants was 2" for 3 months man. Friggin some kind of Bonzi zen master. I don’t think I could even try and do that… lol not like he was trying to do that either LoL oh baby hippopotamus… :hippopotamus: that’s funny. Then to give advice to ppl on top. Good times!!!

3 Likes

You’re saying I should have tossed it? Lol yes I agree but had no idea the whole time where it should have been in size/growth. I was asking, and felt as if it wasn’t growing, but everyone said stop watching and come back… didn’t work😂

But anyway, I’m probably a week or so away from chopping it and then on to the next. Just gotta figure out how to dry this thing

1 Like

Hehehe, coming from a guy thats grown alot of dud autos I can say this… dont cheat the dry and the cure. Sounds dumb I know right…? But, my theory is this, the plant put all its energy into making what few nugs you got. IMHO they are usually some awesome smoke no energy lost in anything else. Not the ounces you were looking for but still have the ability to be really good.

2 Likes

Oh man I can’t wait to smoke it! It smells incredible, I’m not hating on this bud that’s for sure. Organic feedings too so I’m interested to see taste difference than what I’m used to, if that’s a thing. Some people say it is. Stoked regardless of the size…

She’s getting close too. Check it.

2 Likes

What?? Your asking me that? No not at all …I can’t even toss out a clipping I said. I’ll clone a 4" defoled branch man. LoL I’m a sucker for a underdog.

3 Likes

Okay what do you all think?? Donezo? I’ve noticed some fading, but I also haven’t top dressed (organics) in 3.5 weeks. Tried my best on the trich photos. Definitely have some ambers thrown in.

3 Likes