Chavez's Organic Grow Journal

I went to their site and I read it twice maybe three times. And despite their warnings I’m gonna use 100% recycled potting soil that has been re-amended twice used three times. I also use a lot of salts towards the end of flowering with this media. I’m going to give it a shot using it with this soil. I’m not sure how depleted this soil is so I’m going to air on the side of caution and if they get hungry I’ll just top dress it a couple inches in and call it good. We’ll see how it goes.

6 Likes

Man… No lie :lying_face:… I skipped a lot of that reading man. LoL
B O nG . RiP!!

6 Likes

Pina Auto @ 56 days. (8 wks).

I removed the big oscillating fan and replaced it with three 6" clip on fans. That seems to cool my tent down a few more degrees. It also gives me more space for more plants! Win,win!

After over week of nothing happening, (except for leaves dying) I finally see some bud growth on 2 out of 3 plants.

I would like to get rid of those burnt leaves, but I read that you should never take off leaves during flower with auto’s. It would really open it up for light and airflow though.

I guess I’ll leave it alone. I don’t need to stress these girls anymore.

:v:. :green_heart:. & Happy Growing!

8 Likes

No leaves with autos… really?? I gotta here that backed up by someone??? That’s factual or like from Fox news… LoL just flowering tho huh?? Hmmm I never heard that one man, is that why my autos were only 6 inches… lol

6 Likes

I know lots of people do. I’ve done it before myself. I read one article and it spooked me! Lol.

Probably was one person’s opinion. You know how it is, so much info out there to read it becomes mind boggling. :v:

5 Likes

Never heard that about Autos. Here’s a topped and dropped auto I did a while back, I defoliated the typical 21/42 too. The second pic is the rooted top of one of them. Honestly, I did not treat them any differently except timing (no veg) to start cutting on them at 5/6 node.

7 Likes

DUDE … it’s The Dude!!! Fart I thought forever it was Jesus Christ in your avatar. Never looked close. LoL

7 Likes

So Jesus is having a cocktail?

Marty

7 Likes

Yes… LoL?! That’s what I thought, he was having a screwdriver… (couldn’t think of a “hell” drink)
could be water… OR wine I guess now looking back.

6 Likes

Hell drink…The Bloody Mary of course, and perfect on a Sunday morning.

6 Likes

That’s it… How did I not come up with that? Very good Mr. Fart - Ding ding… … LoL

7 Likes

Pina auto’s @ 63 days.

Zweet Child auto @ 40 days.

Pina’s have another week or two, probably 2. Zweet Child is coming along nicely.

Greenhouse is up, soil is cooking, seeds on their way…I love this time of year!

:v:. :green_heart:. & Have a great weekend!

10 Likes

According to everything I’ve read it should actually rejuvinate the soil Hap. I would put some organic stuff in it like seaweed meal to bump up the organic content.

Nothing wrong with reusing soil if it isn’t loaded with fertilizer salts, course you know that. One of the reasons for me going organic to get away from having to buy new soil every grow.

Marty

8 Likes

Marty,
Your correct, there are many sources of ‘coarse’ organic matter you can add…just don’t forget that periodic Humic Acid treatments are the BEST organic matter you can add to any soil/hybrid media.
There is nothing I know of that has the CEC of humic acid. Keeps all your nutes in a highly available state, as well as being a great chelator of micronutrients and pH buffer!

LOL, plus it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg!

7 Likes

Yeah I just mixed up a batch of 2 tablespoons of Humic, 1/2 oz of Chicken soup and 200 ml of Fox Farms organic bloom which is their low dose (real weak stuff) per 5 gal of rain water, and threw in some inoculant and am letting it cook overnight till around 3 tomorrow. I checked the pots and they are all good on moisture. It’s been about a week since I gave them Humic so should be ok. I don’t know why, haven’t figured it out yet but this Earth Dust is missing something. It can’t be micronutrients, because I added Azomite in a fairly good quanity to my soil base. It is a Macro or secondary nutrients that is not strong enough. They just are in need of something or more of something. @ravenchief was saying he adds a LOT of organic stuff to his organic grow medium, and starts with 1/3rd soil with organic in it, then splits the rest of it like I did with coco/ProMix. His plants look amazing so I know it can be done, just haven’t got it dialed in yet.

Marty

8 Likes

Wtf is a chelator??? Sounds like Chester cheetah in a gladiator role. I hate being stupid … Makes me feel dumb :rofl::crazy_face:. Wait… WhaT??

8 Likes

… yep…:face_with_spiral_eyes:

5 Likes

Uh oh…look out Bob is still two finger typing lol…

Marty

6 Likes

LOL, I’m pretty sure you’re jerking chains here but think of chelator as a ‘gator’!
A gator can put something precious in its mouth and carry it through troubled waters. delivering it safely to the place it can serve its purpose.

Chelators do the same thing with nutrients (especially micronutrients) It’s a molecule that surrounds the nutrient so that it doesn’t precipitate, keeping it available for root absorption!!!

9 Likes

LOL, YOU are !00% correct…plus I had to go out and refill my coffee cup right in the middle!!!

10 Likes