Chavez's Organic Grow Journal

Moby Dicks are finally about done! One more than the other. I’ll probably harvest one any day now and the other next week.
I think they need a little more amber, but I sampled a small bud and got crazy high for hours of 1 joint. I couldn’t even finish it! The first hit I took made me have to sit down!
Pics later, my lady’s are sleeping right now. Lights on in a few hours and then watering time.
I’m happy I decided to grow this strain. That strong cerebral head high and euphoria that last hours is exactly what I need for my anxiety, tourette’s and sobriety. It’s also supposed to help with inflammation and nausea. So that covers me all around.
I have everything for my next grow except for the addition of another light. I need to order one soon.
I’m gonna do organic again, maybe I’ll try living soil method instead of the super soil method this time.
:v:. :green_heart:. & Happy Growing!

4 Likes

Moby Dick week 9 of flower.

Buds are nice and fat on the plant in front. Phosphorus deficiency slowed bud growth on the plant in back.
Overall an easy grow, especially since I’m new to this. They still need a little more amber, so I’ll update soon. 1 week, tops!

Why do people do 24 hrs of darkness before harvest? What does that do?

:v:. :green_heart:. & Happy Growing!

12 Likes

A period of darkness seems to be used by many professional growers instead of/or in combination with flushing. It will stop photosynthesis/respiration and in a period as short as 6 hrs darkness the plant will translocate many nutrients back to the roots.

The intended effect is to reduce ‘grassy’ taste and bud harshness. I believe it is credited with also reducing water content to facilitate the drying/curing process…FWIW

6 Likes

The word your looking for is Phat… as in - that’s some phat dank Mr. Vez. Knock em dead go getter!
Real nice like!! Boo- ya!

3 Likes

Moby’s getting frosty.

Here’s my best attempt at taking pics of trichomes with my cheap fire tablet.

I wish I had a better way of seeing. What do you think? A while longer? I have such a hard time telling. I’m not seeing amber yet, but I see cloudy. I don’t want a body high. I need the energy and head high.

7 Likes

Those pictures aren’t bad. And it does look to me like you have a little ways to go. But not a whole lot if you’re looking for strictly head with nobody. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

How often should I check the trichomes since I’m getting closer to harvest?

3 Likes

I think the question is, will you be able to resist looking at them every day? :joy:
You’re getting a couple of amb ers on your sugar leaves it looks like. So I don’t think it’ll be too long before you are where are you want to be. So you could check them every couple days. You’re looking good.:+1:t3:

7 Likes

3 days later.

I waited 3 days @happilyretired!!! :joy:.
I don’t see any difference, can you? Let me know what you think, brother.

7 Likes

Pretty hard to tell from your pictures. In the end it’s going to be up to you to decide when it’s right or should I say ready. I am seeing a little more amber this time but the lighting is not as good. How dense are your flowers? Just a nice picture of one of a flower from the side up close, a profile as it were would be helpful also.

6 Likes

They are pretty dense. I can’t remember how I got those pictures last time. (I was high) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I’ll have to get high & figure it out again. :joy:.

Dense & phat. Each bud is a handful or more.What do you mean by a profile?

I think she has a little more to go. She really started getting frosty the last week or so. I switched my lights from bloom to veg/bloom as the manufacturer suggested and the frost started mounting. Not a lot more bud growth since then though.

Better pics (I hope) next time. I’ll try again in a couple days. Excited to start me some Glue Sniffer & Zweet Child (all autos) for my next grow!

10 Likes

What do you mean getting excited. You should be starting them now. It’s at least two weeks before they even start to get going good.

It looks like you’re getting a little bit of fox tailing on your flowers. That’s usually from heat stress. It can also be caused by excessive light.Your profiles look good. Nice flowers. The indicators that they’re getting close on those could possibly be your leaves starting to curl down and turn brown which would be the plant eating itself if you have stopped nutrients. I think you’re pretty close. Would be nice if someone else would chime in their thoughts. I’m still seeing some clears and starting to see quite a few Ambers. I think you’re in the window but it’s just really hard to tell how far without actually physically looking at the flower. When you do harvest take some pictures this way you can compare later on if you’re unhappy with the results. No matter what anyone tells you from far away you just don’t know until you try it :+1:t3:

6 Likes

I am blasting it with light. Should I turn it down a notch or raise the light? Yes, I did stop nutrients last week… Too soon?
That’s ok, @happilyretired , your knowledgeable enough! :nerd_face:. Probably one one the most! :+1:.
@LoCoRocK usually throws in his two cents, sometimes with a song! :joy::joy::joy:.

5 Likes

I don’t have anywhere to start more plants till these are harvested. I think the foxtailing might be the phenotype.
And light stress!

3 Likes

Moved my lights up and look what I found…

I think I’ll name her Scarlet! :beetle:.

9 Likes

I’d say its a little early. I think the amber we see looks like on a sugar leaf? I cut mine when I see four or five amber heads in a shot. Bro, you need one of those usb micro cameras. They take the guesswork outta it altogether. Lemme see if I can find the one I got.

5 Likes

Here we go @chavez78 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TBJFPG1/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_w=05HIS&pf_rd_p=54ed5474-54a8-4c7f-a88a-45f748d18166&pd_rd_wg=cSKW8&pf_rd_r=4CV89GPY3FPQFRSW0T24&pd_rd_r=34032db8-e6e9-4b11-ae05-9375a4579b8b&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTTY2VTdRT0FGRlhaJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTU4NzU5MjdBMlVJMUxaUVRZTyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjY2ODczNTFCRTlIWENIWENBJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

3 Likes

Yeah I agree it is a little early but it wouldn’t be a loss if you harvested now. It is in the window. If you harvested now you’d have a very racy buzz. More than likely. I’ve recently been told by a pretty solid source, That if you drop a extra of hour light it can help speed up The ambering process. It’s worth a shot.

6 Likes

I’m going to try that as well. Those nugs look like fire chavez. No losing in this one. Well done

4 Likes

I’m ordering one of those cameras! That should be nice!
Trying the extra hour of dark too!

5 Likes