Chody's journal(come see my chodes!) Not real chodes, just nugs

Hey everybody! I’ve been nursing these cranky bitches for about 2 months+ now just curious if I should cut my losses or keep em going. Only the 2 in the 5 gals are fem seeds the rest are bag seeds from a buddy which I have a lot more of. Haven’t really seen anyway vertical growth in over 2 weeks. I’ll have days where they perk up and look decent but like I said no vertical growth. These things are pip squeaks for there age. What’s your opinion ?

8 Likes

FWIW try raising your lights a little bit and cause them to stretch. I’m not sure of your lights they are under but they look like they could use more nutrients also.

4 Likes

I have two sf 4000s I have em at about 28inches above the canopy. They were lacking. Nutes I just got that issue figured out. Just not sure if I fucked them up beyond repair or if I should be patient and give them some time to recover

4 Likes

It might take a little time for them to recover so give them a chance. Patients is a virtue when growing! Lol!

4 Likes

Patience is one thing I don’t have much of. My kids take it all :sweat_smile: but thanks for the input I’ll give it a shot.

4 Likes

Is your Spider Farm 4000 light intensity adjustable. If it’s not at 100% I would bump it up a little bit after looking at their par chart.

3 Likes

It is adjustable I have it ay 60-70% right now.

3 Likes

What’s lights do you use ?

3 Likes

I’m thinking it might just be the nutrient problem right now, I’m thinking the plants were using up what they were getting to stay alive and not put their energy into vertical growth. Here is a screenshot of their PAR chart off their website.

2 Likes

For sure. Yeah I’ve researched the par reading they provide before according to what they say it’s good enough. They’ve been struggling for a while and just got some advice from you and others on the nute aspect so they may just need time recover. I just was unsure if plants were able to r3viber from being stunted and deprived for a couple week period.

3 Likes

I have Bestva 1000wt cheap one in 3 of my 4x4’s and a Iongrid T-22 in my 2x2 and I just ordered a Ionboard S33 for a 3x3. When the Iongrid S44’s get released I plan on upgrading the Bestva’s to them.

4 Likes

I think @PreyBird1 and @sssportsmfg might grow in fabric bags and @TheMadFlascher could help out with the nutrient issue.

4 Likes

How do those work for ya ?

3 Likes

Yeah rflasch had some great advice about nutes on another thread I started.

3 Likes

Ssssportsmfg as well.

4 Likes

The Bestva’s are okay I added 40wt T5 side lights to help increase par value into the center of the plants and it actually helped increase my yields, I also switched from AN to Dakine 420 nutes and went from 5 to 6 oz per plant to 14 to 16 oz per plant. The Iongrid T22 light has better PAR values than the Bestva’s and only pulls close to 1 amp, so I’m really liking it so far. I will be getting the Ionboard delivered on Monday so I can’t really say anything factual about it until I play with it.

6 Likes

Damn your yield mote than doubled

5 Likes

Yep the Dakine 420 nutes are great and easy to use!

7 Likes

@chodynugs when plants stall out and stop growing it’s time to do some diagnosis!
It’s good to remember if the plants are getting sufficient light and not exposed to excess heat or cold…it MUST be related to root’s form or function !

1. Moisture (Dry or wet/poor drainage) Poor drainage equates to oxygen deprivation to the roots. Also remember that unless you’re growing rice, oxygen is MORE important than water!!!
  2. pH (high/low) and of course is your EC at a reasonable level. (actually, your plant color is not THAT terrible)
  3. Root pathogenic stress. Essentially, this means bad fungi/bacteria living on your roots. It MAY occur in any media that has any native soil content OR even in inert media like coco if there are unusual aeration/drainage issues.
  4. NEMATODES. You have all heard about beneficial nematodes but OF COURSE there are the bad guys! Unless you are steam sterilizing a soil, it’s literally impossible to kill all nematode cysts.
    So if you have chosen some native soil in your media, it’s always a possibility!
  5. VIRUSES. Even if you are growing from seed, viruses are a possibility. They do present visible indicators (mottling, malformed leaves, weak/spindly growth, stunting)
11 Likes

Lots of info there! Thanks a lot. That’s the odd thing the colors don’t look to bad. Juat droopy and not growing well.

4 Likes