Chody's journal(come see my chodes!) Not real chodes, just nugs

I like that perspective

7 Likes

And idk how I feel about that no offense some plants love dry soil iv seen it at work with 100 plants and IV seen it jus with 10 plants so I do not keep them wet all them time unless I misunderstood

3 Likes

He said he uses fox farms Wich has coco in for sure and a bunch of other stuff so I would think he def wants to be on a 3 day watering cycle one day wet 2 and. Half days dry repeat unless I misunderstood what u said about soiles mix

3 Likes

If you get mites there will be losses and bad bacteria can ruin ur crop white mildew , bud rot , serious nute burn can effect everything , I guess if you mean u will always learn something from a fuck up than yes I guess nothing is wasted

2 Likes

When I first saw them he told me he topped them and transplanted them in the same day that is enough shock to stunt right there let alone nute lock out

2 Likes

They actually don’t look to bad in this pic try to hang on for another 3 weeks I think there are their turning point u might start to see them come out of their stasis

2 Likes

For sure, we will see what happens. Worst case scenario I can probably flower them out and at least get some regs good enough for edibles. The last batch I made with my last harvest were way to strong. Gave a muffin to an elder co worker of mine and he didn’t sleep for 3 days. :rofl: he said he was out trying to pick Avocados off his tree and there was none even on the tree haha.

6 Likes

Hope this helps, download the photone app on your phone to measure.

6 Likes

Sweet I’ll check it out! I appreciate it

4 Likes

A couple hulkberrys. Day 3 from seed in cube.

5 Likes

hey don;t worry, I’ve been fucking up plants for years. the beautiful thing is they’r plants. you can grow more. Take notes on what doesn’t work and try another method/nute system/lights, etc. Just try not to repeat your mistakes.

11 Likes

Yeah I’ve gotten a lot of info over the last week or so that I’ll be able to utilize on these 2 ladies.

4 Likes

Got the recharge delivered tonight !

7 Likes

Seem to be doing better to me ! Flushed the 5 Gals with the recharge and the 3 gals with plain ro water.

7 Likes

So that is not soil like we find in nature , in gardens, fields , farms . Happy frog is a combination of peat moss , perlite and organic matter .

The soil we can find in nature has very poor aeration with very high water holding capacity , take from your garden and fill a pot with garden soil then water , then try to lift it will be super heavy probably u dont need to water for a week .

3 Likes

I work with 5000 -8000 plants per year .
If i could change something from my first growing years that will be to keep plants hydrated !

The general rule is the pot needs to be 100% saturated , once when it will lose 50% of the water needs to be irrigated . With potting mixes that is bigger % , you have some super aerated potting mixes like Tupur that needs to be very close to total saturation .

Many factors play a role , growing SCROG means plants are next to each other so the top of the soil will be under shadow because of the leaves of surrounding plants and it will dry very slow , the bottom will dry much faster , you can have wet top and rock dry bottom .

Growing in open space under light or sun the topsoil get dry faster .

Fabric pots , plastic pots , tall pots , shallow pots , root development/pot size ratio , even the genetics, some tend to develop a very deep root system , there are many factors .

The time of transplanting is the best time to make correction in your watering , see where the roots are concentrated . A common thing is to see wet top (the first 20% wet ) and the rest 80% rock dry , and people are confused why their plants are suffering because the topsoil was looking wet. The dry portion will be difficult to rewet , it will just leak .

If someone proves me overwatering in a potting mix with a developed root system with constant watering i publicly promise a reward . Pictures that can be found on the internet as ''overwatering symptoms ‘’ is actually plants that were super dry and then saturated with water .

As soon i see larger dry spots on the top , something like 70/30 i fertigate .

5 Likes

7 Likes

I didn’t mean to offend you if I did I was jus saying that I didn’t agree and the op I work for had about 3000 plants and I noticed that some times they loved dry soil I also worked out side Anthe they were in the ground but when I worked with all the mothers they were in pots in a green house but they loved being dry I don’t want a pissing contest but and we have always let them go thru a drying period around 2 days

4 Likes

But I guess we’re kinda saying the same thing I understand that the bottoms of the plants In Fabric pots doesn’t dry like the top does I use moisture probe and I go deeper than 2 inches kuz bottom stays pretty wet

4 Likes

Huckle berry sounds so Good :+1:

2 Likes