Chody's journal(come see my chodes!) Not real chodes, just nugs

I suggested you and @sssportsmfg because I had seen threads that you guys had used fabric bags in the past, I’ve never have used them. Just wanted to point @chodynugs in the right direction! That’s why I like using the grobuckets, and flush every 3rd watering!

5 Likes

Right on thanks a lot for breaking that down. I guess I misunderstood your previous message.

3 Likes

Fabric pots work also i have a lot of them but there a p.i.a. to me to deal with. I watched a cannacribs episode where they used the bags i use now. And they watered to run off every day! And never reused any pots or media. So what i do it this.

1. Fresh unused planting sack
  2. Fresh media promix-hp
  3. Handfull of manure organic cow.
  4. Azomite
  5. Dynamyco
  6. Great white
  7. plant and done simple fresh and sterile every time.
    I have a promix problem lol i use 7cft every 40-60 days.
    Edit: im going in on a pallet with the hydro shop.
3 Likes

Interesting stuff ! I’ll have to do some research. As far as my grow experience it’s not much. This is my 4th or 5th grow. First time using AN nutrients though. I’ve mainly used veg+bloom powdered nutrients.

4 Likes

Ahh nice i have tried a lot of nutrients. Most of us here are knowledgeable and have been growing for decades But as a group we know a lot more. I like hanging around here.

4 Likes

I agree I’ve been able to learn a ton in just the last few days. It’s a great community, everybody has been very helpful and generous. Glad to have found this place. Its a new growers dream. Definitely wealth of knowledge. And its dope being able to learn from people and actually see the results they are getting rather than some random article written by who the fuck knows.

7 Likes

The ladies just woke up about half an hour ago an don’t look to bad !

8 Likes

Yes they do! Here I fixed the picture for you! I should have said they look better!

6 Likes

Yeah always watch the leaves if ther droopy there not happy. You want them to stay pointing upwards praying. Oh also start picking up the pots and feel how heavy they are and do this often. If there light feeling then water them.

5 Likes

Lol thanks man.

4 Likes

Yeah they woke up praying today so that’s a good sign :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Keep it simple man , the medium on the first picture looks dry . Never let the top of the medium get dry with a soilless mix , keep it on the wet side and you will see miracles . All the problems people have because they follow the rule of ‘’ letting dry ‘’ , that is right but for soil/clay/humus , dont forget you work with soilless mix that is specifically made for frequent irrigation with good aeration and water holding capacity .

On top of that you work with fabric pots , so i guess if the top is dry the bottom will be even more dry especially if you dont water drain to waste .

All the bad things are happening when the medium is dry the salt get concentrated , the EC spike x 2-3 times , the PH get off , the plant is more likely to suffer from dry , light overexposure , heat , pesticide use , the medium is losing the wetting ability to hold water and etc . You need to keep the salts in the soil always diluted , with new fertigation not with water .

Looks like a chronic underwatering .

4 Likes

Praying leaves actually reduce the leaf surface from light exposure .
Ideal leaves need to be parallel or slightly under a sharp angle .

4 Likes

I’m running soil though

2 Likes

It doesnt look like soil , did you buy it or did you took it from your garden ? It looks to me something like 707 by texture

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: nah not from my garden. It’s fox farms happy frog.

2 Likes

Happy frog’s a hot soil. It doesn’t need nutes for the first 3 weeks. If you’ve been giving it food during the first 3 weeks, then they would be slightly in shock from nutes.

This would require a flushing and cal- mag watering.

6 Likes

I started feeding nutes after transplanting them. So I’m guessing what you’re suggesting happened at that point. And when I started noticing issues. I did exactly what you suggested. But they appeared to get worse. Then some suggested they looked under fed. So I started feeding again a few days ago. Now just waiting to see some improvements. But I realize I’ve been greatly over thinking the whole process just going to simplify things and enjoy the grow. Try things out and see what works and what doesn’t. Also i wasn’t really monitoring my ph and ppm so I’m hoping to have less issues next time around by monitoring those more closely and keeping them in optimal range.

6 Likes

Yep yep. Time and practice and you’ll be great! Just don’t stop trying!

6 Likes

There are never really losses.

Every single time i fuck something up I also learn something.

Maybe I am moving around too fast and absent minded, boom, knock off a branch and then I learn a lesson about mindfulness.

Make my own fertilizer water and see that all my leaf tips curl downward, learn to read the instructions.

Try to stop a plant from growing too high by cutting the top of it, and then the top transforms into a monster cola, go and Google trim methods and philosophy and learn how I got a super cola.

Worst comes to worst, you can always cook it, and you always learn something new.

7 Likes