Cleaning your used Mason jars

I have a question for all you growers that use Mason jars. What do you use to clean the inside of the jars in order to get the stickiness and everything cleaned out? I’ve let them sit in hot water a few times and I’ve also used Dawn dish soap which did not seem to help to much. I don’t want to use anything too harsh beings l will be reusing them. Wanted to see how others clean their jars.

8 Likes

Add a little alcohol to your water and dish soap.

5 Likes

Never even thought of that. It would evaporate off! I’ll try that.

Thanks
MacG

7 Likes

Works good for Bongs too.

7 Likes

That is one piece of equipment I need to get again. I haven’t had a bong since I was a teenager LOL I think it’s time I obtain another one

8 Likes

Dawn and some rubbing alcohol is pretty good for cleaning pipes and anything else that has resin on it.

6 Likes

It’s like cleaning your glass bong. Some rubbing alcohol and some rock/ ice cream salt. Works wonders. It gets slippery so don’t drop it. :grin:

6 Likes

I had heard about the salt for a bong just never thought about it for the jars too duh lol it needs to be rock salt? Can’t be Epsom salt?

5 Likes

It can be table salt.

It basically it is just there to give something coarse in the liquid to kind of “scrub” the insides of the bong, or what have you.

The salt isn’t as necessary if you can get your hand in or a scrub brush.

4 Likes

It might work. I’ve never tried it. The salt needs to be a little bit chunky so it can break off all the resin from the glass.

4 Likes

I would just buy new ones as the lids overtime would not be as airtight as they once were and to ensure freshness always !

2 Likes

I do put a new lid on them as I use them. I have noticed the seal isn’t as tight the more I get into them lol

6 Likes

I use straight 99% at first and strain thru coffee filter and cover with a screen leave to evaporate and u have some honey :wink: then I do the salt shake to finish

7 Likes

Waste not want not.

4 Likes

Okay so what do you do with the honey?

6 Likes

Smoke it lol

7 Likes

Lol that’s what I thought but I figured I better ask :wink:

6 Likes

You mean something happens between putting them in the sink and then taking them back out of the cabinet? I thought they were like my socks. Throw them in basket and they magically appear back in my drawer lol.

9 Likes

Lol it don’t work like that here LOL everyone fends for their self

7 Likes

I’m just teasing, if she seen that I’d be doing dishes for a looooong time

4 Likes