CO2 Supplementation

Have you guys heard of applying CO2 to your plants through misting? Check out this website and video. CO2 Delivery Solutions enables ALL GROWERS (indoor, outdoor and greenhouse) to supplement their plants with CO2 for more yield, faster growth and help fight powdery mildew and other pathogens. :smiley:

4 Likes

Very cool. Any idea how the misting works during late flower? My concern being that wet flowers lead to mold.

4 Likes

Usually in late flower I’m tapering off CO2, with late veg having the highest concentrations.
I’m curious what the application rates and duration are. If I want my crop to have 1000ppm of CO2 for 18 hours, how often do they need to be sprayed? Can other foliar sprays be mixed into the carbon dioxide solution?

3 Likes

Thanks for your response.

The misting is done with a very tiny droplet size and is done for only a few seconds a couple of times an hour during the light phase. The amount of moisture is very little so the plant won’t get soaked. Imagine a very fine “film” around the plant surface. The CO2 absorbs in seconds and the little moisture there is absorbs in minutes. There is no effect on humidity either. In all of our trials on several plants including cannabis, peppers, lettuce, microgreens, flowers etc, we have never seen mold, not once.

What we found interesting is that the change in pH (aqueous CO2 is slightly acidic, i.e. carbonic acid) for a few seconds then the bounce back up (essentially the fluctuation in pH) on the plant surface makes for a toxic environment for bacteria such as e coli, mildew and mold to thrive so their growth and spread is stunted. We saw 99% less e coli and no visible development of mildew or mold when we tested on peppers and cannabis. We also saw 3 times longer survival rate of plants infected with mildew vs those receiving no CO2 at all and those even receiving CO2 gas. It’s all about the pH effect of the aqueous CO2 solution.

In fact, our very first cannabis customer in Colorado installed CO2 Delivery Solutions precisely for the flowering stage to help fight their mildew and mold problem. They weren’t even concerned at the time about higher yield and faster growth, which comes from applying in the veg stage. They are now starting to apply aqueous CO2 solution to the veg stage for their next grow cycle.

Are you a grower? Indoor, outdoor, greenhouse?

Perhaps we can hop on a quick call to discuss how CO2 Delivery Solutions can help you.

My email is dil.vashi@co2gro.ca

Cheers

4 Likes

Hi and thanks for your question. More info on how the technology works earlier in the thread as well. To answer your specific questions:

We recommend misting for minimum 10 seconds once an hour, up to 20 seconds every 20 minutes.

We have not attempted mixing other compounds with the solution and don’t recommend it for two reasons: 1. The application rates may differ (CO2 every 20 minutes vs another compound maybe once a day), and 2. the droplet size of the mist is very tiny and that may not work for the other compound.

Of course we can always experiment and see what works based on your needs. Each plant, grow system and environment is different so there is always room for continual optimizing and experimentation.

Do you grow indoor, outdoor or greenhouse? We can work with any grower.

Perhaps we can hop on a quick call next week to discuss how CO2 Delivery Solutions can help you.

My email is dil.vashi@co2gro.ca

Cheers

2 Likes

Great points. Misting leaves that have been affected with powdery mildew daily with water is a common remediation practice for some fruiting greenhouse crops.

1 Like

Let me know if you’d like to learn more.

Are you indoor, outdoor or greenhouse? We can work with any grower.

Are you available to hop on a call next week to discuss how the technology can help you?

Shoot me an email at dil.vashi@co2gro.ca

Cheers

2 Likes

Do you just have large grow systems or do you also offer smaller home grower solutions as well?

Hi @dilvashi it is a very interesting development! I’m from Ecuador and this forum is full of very interesting articles and people growing cannabis.
Regards!

I just found this thread. Watched the video and thought of a easy fix for us home growers to do it.
Just get a Soda Stream machine (it makes home made cola’s) it uses Co2 and pressurises it into water.
Put the water in a spray bottle and apply.

Guys, any input?
@aaa, @dollhouz, @Tygrow78, @PreyBird1, @devjyarn, @MK3_Pharms, @kapouic, @hoppiefrog, @Packee, @deusoboy420

Sorry if I forgot some tags…

I thinks this can help us all in some way.

2 Likes

You need a ton of light for CO2 supplements.

2 Likes

True, also if all aspects are not at 90% you will not gain much if anything. Tho plants run well at higher temps and handle more light

The good news is that the more light you give cannabis, the bigger and faster it grows. It’s practically impossible to give too much light. But, you will find out what your next limiting factor is really quickly if you’re hitting your plants with a ton of light.

This is a 45 minute talk that is focused on cannabis lighting by professor Bruce Bugbee of Apogee Instruments. Even watching the first 5 minutes do a good job of breaking some of the lighting myths.

5 Likes

Tks bro I will watch this tm;)

4 Likes

I have sunlight :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

@docdre Are you thinking about adding the co2 water as a folier spray?

1 Like

Yip, why not ?

1 Like

Is sugar cheap where u are ? U can always brew co2 w yeast and water and sugar

1 Like

Sugar is relative cheap. Yes I know the yeast method. The Soda Stream will just work better and pressurizing the Co2 into the water. Remember my grow is outside.

2 Likes