Compost tea why

When your making compost tea which I have never done, why do you bubble it seems like you would just mix and serve but I know there’s a reason why just don’t know what it is. Ok and I know this is asking alot but what all should I put in it and I know there’s alot of different ways or different things you can put in it I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks to everyone again!!

3 Likes

Depends on what exactly u want the tea to do. Youtube has a bunch of diy home tea brews for cannabis

2 Likes

The bubbling helps with the aeration and “fermentation” process. It improves the quality of microbes by adding air as compost is generally an anaerobic process and may include alot of harmful microbes/pathogens.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for your input again

1 Like

It keeps everything mixed up and circulating…and it adds oxygen which is crucial in propagating aerobic bacteria, as opposed to anaerobic bacterial the latter which is bad for your plants.

3 Likes

Hey folks. I’m down the living soil rabbit hole currently. I have questions about compost. I want to make a tea. If you don’t make compost yourself, (which I will be doing, I just haven’t started yet) where do you get your compost? Any easy to find composts I can use in teas that someone recommendeds?

2 Likes

These are old threads you are finding. Alot of these users aren’t here anymore.

Damns. Any suggestions and which thread to hit

1 Like

I raise red wiggler worms for composting and fresh worm castings, best way to go about it :wink:

2 Likes

Right on! So how to you get the worms going? Yard and food waste in compost? Or is there another method?

2 Likes

I bought my worms off eBay, Walmart also has em most locations in the fishing bait fridge. They get the fan leaves and most things cleaning out my fridge and scraps from cooking, throw in some bananas sometimes too

2 Likes

Right on and you have them in a compost bin?

2 Likes

@kapouic does teas
@Olcoot I believe does as well

2 Likes

Here are 2 good resources for ACT Compost teas and SST (Sprouted seed teas)

How to make Seed Sprout Tea (SST) for cannabis plants- Alchimia Grow Shop.pdf (438.2 KB)

Compost_Tea_Guide.pdf (1.4 MB)

they are a good place to start -
you will need a few things to get started like inputs (earth worm castings, fish bone meal, kelp, alfalfa, etc…), a 5 gallon pail, airstones and pump, and a cheescloth sock to hold the materials while they aerate.

5 Likes

And now it’s an active thread again lol!

4 Likes

U can call it that I suppose, just a storage bin is all I use

3 Likes

check out build a soil web site . also kiss organic web site .

3 Likes