Contaminated cannabis? Mold & Fungi solutions?

You need to test throughout the growing process for Mycotoxins and molds including airborne pathogen . E.coli and salmonella goes without saying. You need to receive the correct test certification from the lab. The lab needs to show you the test results and those need to go on your product paperwork. Doing microbiology on your product one time only defeats the purpose. To avoid those at the end of the production, when your product is ready for market, you should do them during and the production to avoid issues at the end of production/harvest .

3 Likes

I think their standards are not nearly as high as they are for the cannabis industry.

2 Likes

How do you think Arizona’s market will react to the mandatory testing they are talking about putting in place?

3 Likes

You have to comply with government regulations to produce safe product for your consumer. In Arizona the agriculture department is going to manage the cannabis regulation. They manage all the other foods that we consume. It’s the right department to do good by the cannabis industry. Small and big operations going to be looked at the same eyes. If you in compliance you have nothing to worry about.

3 Likes

Absolutely, I’m looking forward to the changes. We already utilize an in house lab, so I have had the fortune to get a solid IMPM program together that I know works and is under the guideline standards for Washington.

1 Like

Hi Brett. Do you have the patent numbers for this technology. I searched mold and plants but nothing came up.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hello all, my take on this problem is related to poor air circulation. We typically would want 2 to 3 times more air out than the intake. If your exhaust is deficient you will have mold and fungi issues. Your VPD will be off and thus your brix levels will suffer. With a suitable, controlled air system, your plants will be mold free. We use a loose soft stone wool grow medium with a dry top dress. This top dress is critical to control pests and to keep the proper environment around the base of the plant/below the canopy. If you are growing in dirt or a substrate that stays wet you environment below the canopy can be an issue. So having your environment dialed in is critical in controlling mold, fungus, pests and having a proper VPD. Remember your genetics can also play a roll in this equation.

Karma Up

– Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication –

4 Likes

Do you have an idea of averge air speed over the canopy ?

3 Likes

Hope this is not too stupid, but what is IPM?

4 Likes

Integrated Pest Management

3 Likes

Thanks for responding.

3 Likes

@kirkcollier @LVCO710

The first interview we ever conducted was on IPM: http://growersnetwork.org/cultivation/integrated-pest-management/

2 Likes

Do you have any mold in your home Nick?
I have over 30 years experience in the microbial space specializing in molds…
if you breathe in mold you will feel old!
if you need help let me know!

2 Likes

IPM , Integrated pest management should be your number one rule if you grow any plant. if not familiar please review

IPM triangle
host
environment
pest

3 Likes

Hey Nathan and Joe,

Have you tried Chlorine Dioxide gas on this mold? It should remove all signs of spores and mold at the smallest level.

I’m curious to hear your thoughts…

James

3 Likes

IPM is definitely one way but like preemptive feeding of antibiotics to livestock, it can go awry as well.

I grow 25 plants without IPM because i want it grown organically.

There may be a need for it, but it’s certainly not a must-do they way many act like it is.

They do a sort of IPM for Honey Bees where I live, spraying them for a mite that can infest their hives.

But some purists don’t do that. They rely on their eyes and other tests to determine need for spraying and the virgin bees are better for it. So is the honey.

2 Likes

Hydrogen Peroxide, Hydroxyls and Super Oxides

Vendor Corner

Aug 13

1 / 8

Aug 13

6d ago

tlmcconn

10d

These are the key oxidizers created by our ActivePure Technology, creating zero ozone.
Our technology will kill and prevent many of your air and surface contamination problems within your grow.
Easily Installed into your HVAC system.
Talk to me, give your thoughts.

Terry McConn

1 Reply

2 Likes

Bio Safe products are life savors and BIO-SAFE Zack in Colorado really knows his IMPM and cleaning.
I use all bio safe and took our crops from 25%-50% failing for mold to less then 2%. We use Bio Safe for cleaning SOPs and our IMPM. Its a standard in commercial Ag and is also approved by the USDA for those who need that cert.

2 Likes

@BioSafeSystems

2 Likes

The Amazing Doctor Zymes 7-20 Updates.pptx (4.3 MB)
THE AMAZING DOCTOR ZYMES

1 Like