Creating Edibles

Olive oil and butter together, plus black peppercorn, it creates an interesting consistency, like a gel, slight spicy notes (plant flavors plus the pepper together), taken by spoonful, it’s awesome, it just leaves you contemplating the flavor.

4 Likes

I get it… It if I want to cook I use olive oil… I have distinct recipes for each extraction… capsules are different then butter which is different from sublinguals which is different from topical which is different from yadi yadi…lol… my perfect high to fuction and drive is 20mg THC… my get high and have a good time is 50mg… I do not need 100mg ever… once a person tells me they have to take 5 of my capsules to get high and they don’t mind taking 5… I adjust the cost a little… medical people get everything I make free… my stoner buddies pay for them…lol…

4 Likes

put a drop of caryophyllene terpenes in your extracts… true pepper flavour and cannabinoid benefits…

4 Likes

Geez. I can actually go out and buy the stuff now. Who knew any of this was coming?

1 Like

Terpenes aren’t necessarily derived from cannabis, but when used in conjunction with cannabinoids, they make a great entourage.

4 Likes

So the terps could come from anywhere?

3 Likes

Absolutely!

3 Likes

Hmm. Collaborations/Ideas. But wow, cannabis food is on another level now.

4 Likes

For instance, Beta-caryophyllene is found in plants such as Thai basils, cloves, cinnamon leaves, and black pepper.

It is a powerful partner with CB2 and CBD.

5 Likes

Ah, my body’s response to the peppercorn.

2 Likes

So food will definitely be one way to go, as it is.

2 Likes

Nice talking with you. Thank You for the conversation.

2 Likes

Thank you for the more in depth information…lol… @macgyver_stoner knows how I don’t science coat things…lol… could you recommend a book… a basic non technical book on this subject… as I said I am here to grow and evolve… and step outside of my constant comfort zone…

4 Likes

I can recommend a few periodicals and websites, but as far as a nice, easy-to-understand book, I’m hoping to find one, too.

Wilkinson, J. D., Whalley, B. J., Baker, D., Pryce, G., Constanti, A., Gibbons, S., & Williamson, E. M. (2003). Medicinal cannabis: Is Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol necessary for all its effects? Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 55(12), 1687-1694. doi:10.1211/0022357022304

Casano, S., Grassi, G., Martini, V., & Michelozzi, M. (2011). Variations In Terpene Profiles Of Different Strains Of Cannabis Sativa L. Acta Hortic. Acta Horticulturae, (925), 115-121. doi:10.17660/actahortic.2011.925.1

McPartland, J. M., & Russo, E. B. (2001). Cannabis and Cannabis Extracts. Journal of Cannabis Therapeutics, 1(3-4), 103-132. doi:10.1300/j175v01n03_08

Russo, E. B. (2011). Taming THC: Potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects. British Journal of Pharmacology,163(7), 1344-1364. doi:10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01238.x

A good page to check out: Steep Hill | Global Leader in Cannabis Testing and Analytics

4 Likes

The bottom one attracts my attention…thank you for taking the time… it’s now 5th on my to read list…lol… the rest pertain to living soils and fungi and nutrients and microbes…lol… they are re-reads…

4 Likes

https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01238.x

Except for all the citations, it’s not too hard to read. :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you I found it and the PDF is in storage…lol… I browsed quickly and your comments are really accurate…lol…

3 Likes

I’d like to find the best terpenes that work with THCV.

2 Likes

Sorry I am a THC, THC-a and CBD guy… just so old school and don’t have high end lab equipment to CB2, THC-v etc things…

3 Likes

I’d be happy finding a terpene that helps boost what THCV is in strains I already enjoy.

2 Likes