Creating Edibles

That’s good. I like to try and broaden my spectrum, get as many of the low key, subtle activities, whatever the hell that means, but thc/cbd in some sort of working balance. High thc smokeable and a high cbn topical plus a high cbd edible, and the person has functionality and can live, I’m preaching to the choir, but I do topical, edible and smoke. Creates an awesome spectrum. Love.

1 Like

My patients get their meds for free as well, that’s what compassion is all about :grin:. You are the only other person I have ever seen that seems to understand this concept.my patients give me gear to grow with sometimes as a gift but that’s all I get from it but overflow

3 Likes

It costs me about $200/batch of oil… That’s putting a $150/oz price on my ounce… that’s 800-1000 capsules - 200-300 for medical people… leaves me with 500 capsules at least at $.75 per capsule that makes me $175 at least… how can one not have compassion…lol…

4 Likes

nicely put together

3 Likes

Now that sparks some ideas

1 Like

So who is going to chime in with a mango/cannabis recipe. Speaking of the combined effects of terpenes/cannabinoids.

4 Likes

Exactly!

I just eat lots of mangoes, myself.

3 Likes

I don’t but it is a fact in my world…lol… I like peyote/cannabis…lol… I am going to get into terpenes soon… dial in living soil then dial in indoor then dial in terpenes…lol…

3 Likes

Tonight I smashed out 2.34g of blueberry resin and tried making some e-juice with True Terpenes liquidizer and their Blood Orange terpene mix. It was a simple process. I have some small dropper bottles (5ml). I simply put the bottle without the dropper cap on my scale, zeroed it out, then using the dropper for the bottle, put drops of the liquidizer and terpene mix into the bottle at the recommended weights (True Terpenes provides a handy calculator on their Web site). In this case, I used their “recommended” recipe, which calls for 5% liquidizer and 5% terps/flavor. So for me, that amounted to a whopping .13g of the liquidizer, and .13g of the terpene mixture.

I then rolled out my 2.34g resin ball so I could fit it into the dropper bottle, put the dropper cap on, and boiled it for five minutes… shook it for a couple of minutes in my hand while I caught up on the local news, and then let it cool.

It came out very thick - thicker than I would like for my purposes, but I put it in a tank for my mod and let it settle down… and I have to say, I think I have finally found The Method. It vapes like a champ and is very potent. And the taste is AMAZING. Regarding the thickness - I think it would be perfect for .5 or 1g disposable carts but would require loading them while still warm and less viscous.

I highly recommend for anyone interested in creating their own e-juices.

10 Likes

That is awesome @Bogleg… I have to get some liquidizer as I have some (10g shatter in PG) having a hard time staying suspended…

5 Likes

If you put enough terps In there ppl can’t smell what u r vaping I used to make a cherry Terp cocktail for public vaping (mostly for Canada Day and New year’s Eve) I vaped a bunch right beside a cop he never flinched it was great no one had a clue;) and it tasted great too as u said

6 Likes

With a liquid nitrogen cold trap on your vac chamber you can collect the terps;) I wish I had my old phone I met a guy that makes essential oils and perfumes he showed me how to use the setup I had some cool pics on it )

4 Likes

Awesome @blackthumbbetty just awesome. Thank you.

5 Likes

Doobie Rubies

–1 3.94oz box Flavored Gelatin (I used Sonic Cherry-Lime)
–2 ¼oz packets unflavored gelatin
–½ tsp Alcohol-Free Flavor Extract (I used Raspberry Soda Stream flavoring)
–1 tbsp honey
–¼ cup non-citrus fruit juice (I used Apple)
–3 grams hash taffy/oil/etc
–candy molds that hold 5-10ml
–5 ml needle-less syringe
–cooking spray
–2 glass measuring cups
–non-stick pan

1. In a glass measuring cup, thoroughly combine all gelatin.

2. In the other measuring cup, thoroughly dissolve the honey in the apple juice.

3. Very thoroughly mix the apple juice solution into the gelatin.

4. Place the hash and flavoring in the non-stick pan and turn the heat to low; allow the hash to start melting a little and stir it together with the flavoring a couple times.

5. Stir the gelatin mixture into the hash oil mixture, and cook on low for about 7-10 minutes, stirring until often until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Keep mixture warm during the following step.

6. Oil your candy mold with cooking spray & fill it using the 5ml syringe.

7. Chill mold in fridge for an hour, then pop in the freezer for 10 minutes before unmolding.

8. Coat lightly with cornstarch to prevent sticking. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.

25-50 servings, depending on how ripped I want to get.

Did not take pics after coated with corn starch.

5 Likes

Good idea to freeze for a few.mins before removal lol da no wonder mine got mangled (and therefore eaten) I dust sucker molds w cornstarch would that work for gummies?

2 Likes

I sprayed the molds with cooking spray. That really helped, too. I think the cornstarch would get absorbed into the wet gummy goo, if you coated the molds with it.

2 Likes

Key Lime Pie

Serves 8-10

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
½ cup butter, half cannabutter, melted
½ cup sugar
2 cans condensed milk
3 whole eggs
½ cup sour cream
1 cup key lime juice
Freshly grated lime zest

Directions:

Preheat oven to 340F

1. In a large bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, butters and sugar. Press into a prepared pan. Bake for 5 minutes.

2. In another large bowl whisk together the condensed milk, eggs, sour cream and the key lime juice. Beat till smooth. Fill pie pan and return to the oven for 10 more minutes. Allow the pie to cool, and chill for at least 2 hours.

Optional - Sprinkle with grated lime zest before serving.

Enjoy, as you can see, I already have :yum:

2 Likes

Mmm mmmm good;)

Hi @blackthumbbetty ! I am a newbie and want to make cannabutter (I do not smoke). Is that process you outline above easy enough for a real newbie? I am a very good cook, but just new to cannabis. I am trying to find non-medication relief from severe lower back pain due to degenerative arthritis. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @ArtVandalay , welcome to GN. Cannabutter is a breeze to make, @blackthumbbetty 's recipe is very straightforward. Just take your time, make sure you have all the products needed. One thing you can do is swop out the butter for coconut milk if you like. Here is a sample of the recipe I use:

Ingredients
500ml Coconut oil
80 grams of cannabis flower

Cooking Instructions
I am using an electric frying pan and keeping it on the lowest setting. I have not decarboxylated the flower, but you are welcome to decarb the flower if you like. I cut up the flower very roughly using scissors ( increase the surface area for cannabinoid extraction ) and mixed it in with the warmed coconut oil. I will leave it on the pan for about 3 hours. Dont let it boil and stir it every 30 minutes.

After 3 hours the coconut oil and cannabis will still be hot, so let it cool for 30 minutes. You can use a Colander strainer initially and remove most of the plant matter I use a pair of old stockings to strain most of the veg matter out. Stockings you say, yes always used them and it works.

Strain it into a tub and keep in the fridge for use. Sauce

2 Likes