Crusty olcoots cannabis grow journal

NO DIRT TALK HERE. So let me tell you about my soil. Before I started roaming around on this site, I didn’t know what Hot soil was ( although that’s what I was using). I grew the Revs seeds the 1st couple of grows (100% organic) no problems.
As I ventured further into seeds ,I found out I needed to tone it down a little, so I bought a bag of FFOF to cut my starter soil with. After that it’s the Revs 2.2 soil or recycle mix (same thing as 2.2 mix just recycled). Maybe a couple of spikes or a small top dress, other than that, just good water!
Here’s a few pics of what’s going on now.

Da tent.:sunglasses:
The grudge grow
Da clones…oh the clones, whole nother rabbit hole!:older_man::goat:

16 Likes

Go get them COOT I cant wait to follow ur journey

3 Likes

I see a serious deficiency in this room

I see a serious deficiency in space… :joy::rofl::rofl:

I have the same disease it’s just mine is messier.:joy::rofl::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

11 Likes

Yes @happilyretired ,always run out of space, and thinking hard about a new light.:older_man::goat::grinning:

7 Likes

So folks, tomorrow is water day for the flower room. This is how I do it.

I put between 1/4 and 1/2 tsp. Dolomite lime in a gallon of rain water and bubble it for 24 hours.
Then check ppm & dilute with more rain water until I reach about 40 ppm (everything is kinda young right now) to a maximum of 90 to 95 ppm.:older_man::goat::wink:

7 Likes

THE GRUDGE GROW! So I purchased a few seeds from a place in the N.E., supposed to be photos, at 6 days old they had pistals!?
As I have said, I’m just a babe at this growing stuff. Didn’t know what to do other than drive on!? So I put em under 18/6 until April 1 then flipped to 13/11. Here’s a pic of the grudge grow, and yes I know they need a trim… hopefully it warms up soon!

11 Likes

And this is how I fix the final (flowering) pot.

![20210322_130940|375x500]

3 Likes

5 Likes

That’s a 2.5 gallon self watering pot from Wally world. I cover bottom with perlite then a small amount of soil, maybe 1/2 inch, then I put about a big tsp. of flowering blend on 1 side, sprinkle about a tsp. of 1-5-4 bloom, then cover with soil.
Myco my root ball and fill in with soil. A little water before I make my spike holes keeps them from falling in. My spikes hold about 1 1/2 tsp per hole. The grudge grow pots got 2 high N and 2 flower spikes each. (Grow or die I guess).
I only use spikes in flower and have recently cut my spikes by 1/2 .

7 Likes

I got a question for you.

… what the heck are spikes?..

4 Likes

Basically a spike is dry amendments mixed together and put in a hole made with a wooden spoon handle. I put them around the edge of the pot, where it takes the roots a week or so to reach it. Maybe a better way to explain ,it’s a micro compost pile. Needs to decompose before plants can use it.
JOBES makes spikes for trees and shrubs, but are full of synthetic crap chelated fertilizers.
@happilyretired

6 Likes

how beautiful! i just love watching them, grow

5 Likes

Awesome grow coot, just a babe lol! I like your bubbler, good recycle :+1:t2::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Yes I should have added this disclaimer,
KAWSHUN this thread may contain a little
Redneckery, I’m in the deep south!

9 Likes

Redneck huh… my thread is full of the same thing. :thinking:Might even be more red.:joy::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Redneckery is a good thing , just shows we know how to make do with whats on hand~

9 Likes

@happilyretired , @crazy1 , you said it!
Lots of folks think redneck means, halfassed, but it means, doing the best with what ya got!
It’s all about that positive and negative thinking, haha.:older_man::goat::grin:

14 Likes

OK so I check the post that I follow and I find this?

So I click on it and it takes me here to the picture below and it has this pencil in the top right corner. I checked the beginning of other journals and it is not there. it is yellow. I click on it and nothing happens.

@chrisj
sup Chris. I’m just curious what this is. Do you have any idea?

5 Likes

Hi @happilyretired , That is the button for edits. So the original post has been edited once. I think it may have something to do with me moving your topic from one category ( DIY ) to another ( Grow Journals ). Sorry I am sure about that, the system sent you a notificaton and if you click on the button, you will see the change!

7 Likes

Ahhhhhhh thanks :+1:t3:

Forum maintenance. I like it :+1:t3:

7 Likes