Cubensis Adventures

Ya still using the shroom fridge lol

1 Like

Nice guys, i dont shroom anymore i get wayyyy to high.

I can get these naturally if i wanted. But its a 3 mile hike.

11 Likes

Nice! No wild ones here, I think thats why they left growing them legal, I just can’t dry them.

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the tag, most definitely following along :smiley:

4 Likes

Glad to have you!

3 Likes

Have not tried them yet, only B+, alakabenzis, and Thailand suphanburi Goliaths.

3 Likes

Only know the B+. Here is Yeti. These are fantastic.

15 Likes

They look amazing!! How aggressive do they colonize? How sensitive are they to contamination?

2 Likes

Some of the last B+ I did.

9 Likes

Is there a special process to drying them. Never done them

3 Likes

You can use an adjustable dehydrator, or a box with a fan setup, or a box with silica packets, or a box with salt. Therefore few ways.

4 Likes

I use a regular dehydrator. Same one I use for jerky. Haha

5 Likes

These are a slow grower but worth the weight.

11 Likes

I like mushrooms but i dont know about them. Lol. Im not a drug experimenter

4 Likes

I’ve been hunting and eating wild shrooms for 50 + years, haven’t eatin any of what your growing in a long time. I know they have a bunch of different strains of the cow poop shroom now lol.

5 Likes

I remember way back when, you just took a cap from some you got for eatin…boiled up some rice, put it in a mason jar and put them all in Grandma’s pressure cooker for a half hour, then dumped a little bit of some ground up cap into the rice with the jar held upside down so you didn’t get mold spores in it and screwed on the lid and let em cook. Haven’t done that since the late sixties or early seventies.

9 Likes

One of my buddies daughters just grew some, they made up a tub like you have there except she drilled some big one inch holes in all four sides and put cotton balls in the holes to filter the air exchange, and then painted the bottom of the tub black to simulate regular dirt and darkness for the mycelium, she put in coco on the bottom and then put the mycelium in and covered it with I think vermiculite. She got some but they weren’t very good according to two or three people I know that tried them, and they were tiny little brown ones, not at all like what you have going in the tub there.

3 Likes

Nobody knew what the strain was they were gettin back in the day…I looked at a site a few months ago that sold the syringes with spores in them and they had a bunch of different kinds listed, so what are supposed to be the best these days (strongest)?

4 Likes

Psilocybe azurescens but they can cause temporary paralysis.

4 Likes

Sounds interesting…

3 Likes