Def-Grows šŸŖ“ The run-on grow journal

I seen tge pic too and was hoping u didnt cut it yet. It looks good but still alot of clear glass looking. Trics. Id say a week tops hack it down cmas morning for a good xmas present lol. Xmas present new years treat

4 Likes

Me to cause you want any couch lock ya gotta wait Iā€™d wait as well. At work gotta split enjoy your day my Gro Bros

3 Likes

I was thinking of a christmas day chop. I plan to try to get the vegging plants flipped by new years day, so ive got time yet to let it cook a bit longer.

I was thinking of running the hps light and QB led in the flower room together and fill out the 5x7 area, but idk if running those in the same room is a bad idea or not?

3 Likes

I had a mh wing and 2 600w led growstar with cree cob blurples in the spare bath before these new cheaper lights.

1 Like

Have you ever cut a small chunk off of one of the larger colas and looked inside the bud? I was reading a journal somewhere a while back and the guy said you donā€™t know whatā€™s going on inside the bud. He said some thing about going further into Amber because the inside of the bud mature slower.

So I went out and bought a couple of them microscope camera things and decided to check it out for myself. Quite an eye-opener.

6 Likes

I have notā€¦ ill go select one and see whats going on inside. Ill post pics

5 Likes

All the plants are a little different. Iā€™ve seen plants with buds that are covered with amber on sugar leaves and a little tips the buds and then inside been less than 50% cloudy

Not saying that that is common, just saying that it can happen

5 Likes

A worthy tip indeed, probably a good idea unless dealing with clones and phenos a person is very familiar with.

5 Likes

I just always do it. Itā€™s kind a like part of the process for me, and then I just dry out my little test pieces and smoke themā€¦ perfectā€¦:laughing:

5 Likes

Im getting ready to go out there right now. Should I take a top bud? Or about mid way down the cola?

2 Likes

Give me a minute let me find a picture if I still have it

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t find a picture from the last time I explained it probably deleted it so I pulled a random picture and drew on it to show you. I do not remove a very large piece kind of like a small piece you would pluck off hey bud if you wanted to smoke a little nug in your bowl then I spread it apart and look inside.

8 Likes

Ive just spread the bud some and shove the microscope where it gets the mids of the buds

5 Likes

@Mark0427
Then how do you smoke it if you donā€™t cut it off? :joy::joy:

Then youā€™re handling your bud and destroying all the trichomes you touch. Iā€™m not saying to take off a big piece just a little 3/8 bud you would stick in yer bowl. Then you open that up and look inside then you dry it real quick and smoke itā€¦ perfectā€¦ just sayinā€¦:v:t3::+1:t3:

4 Likes

Yes .375 dia budā€¦ lol lathe dudes :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

@happilyretired holy cow, quite a difference I should say!

8 Likes

You machinists and your fancy eyeballs lmao!!! :joy:

4 Likes

To be honest with you I was going to say something yesterday with your first post on trichomes but I hate to sound like a know it all or I have the only way. I never intend to do that sometimes I come across that way. Thereā€™s no wrong way of doing it as individual ways of doing things. If you want another eye-opener take a test bud when youā€™re done after you chop and take these pictures before you dry it. Then do it again after itā€™s dry.

6 Likes

I dont think you are coming off as a know it all, at all! Im relatively new to this game and have been enveloped by the cannabis rabbit hole. Lol i welcome all advice and knowledge.

Your knowledge of this plant is desirable to me.

6 Likes

d7b30ccdecf2a0ca82ef68af9b003e1b

Lol wrong oh my picā€¦ lol

2 Likes