Def’s First Outdoor Desert Grow

After a LONG day, i took a peek at the cups in the window and 2 for 3 so far! One had a nice helmet head, a dollop of spit and a squeeze from the tweezers took care of it. Ive given them a mist and humidity domes for the night, the lack of humidity here is something i should probably take seriously.

6 Likes

2/3 up, the third seed was not cracked in the water, the other 2 had tails in the water. Im going to drop a couple autos in a day or two, I just want to make sure these seedlings survive their first few days outside, gain some confidence lol.

3 Likes

@happilyretired you ok out there my fellow West Coaster dweller? Heres my new journal if your interested.

4 Likes

Btw, i dropped a Lemon OG Haze auto and White Widow auto (I do love White Widow lol) into water

4 Likes

Well that sounds peachy. Wow in your own place by the end of May. OK, if you like once you’ve settled into your new place if you’re ready anytime before mid June maybe we can meet halfway somewhere hang out and burn it up for a bit and you can take some clones. You get them planted with lots of root space by mid June and they will produce plants 4 to 6 foot tall that will produce a abundance of flower. :+1:t3::v:t3:

4 Likes

What I mean by that is we will be on our own property, waiting as the house is built. We be living out of the motorhome until then, but i can atleast grow my plants how I please, hopefully. Lol

2 Likes

Well once your name is on the deed you can dig a hole put some wire in it fill it with potting soil and off you go. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Took a peek into #3 and its pushing a taproot down right now, hopefully its up by days end or so

3 Likes

West siiide!

Awesome. Goin’ 3 for 3!

3 Likes

Im stoked! @OlyBoy

3 Likes

Im not sure how well i like this spot. I have a second spot i may try out tomorrow. These girls are stretchy lol. Im going to give them a splash of water tonight, As it is 4 days since i put the seeds in, the lack of humidity here in immediately noticeable to me in the growing aspect lol

And here are the two new comers!! And #3 did germinate, i peeked this am, but im wondering if she didnt get cooked today. Ill leave her be for a couple more days. See what happens.

6 Likes

The days are still a little bit short. You could very well get quite a bit of stretch starting outside this early. Besides you’re outside you don’t have a ceiling and having them get a little stretch at this size makes them easier to train depending on your style. Or if they’re autos the taller the better.

3 Likes

I like your thinking! I wish i could start them inside under a light but its just not feasible. Its ok though, this experience will be better anyways!

3 Likes

I planted four autos in the ground probably about the same time you started those little ones in the cups. I’m not gonna do anything to them except tie them to a stake pointing north and a bit of defoliation and Lollipopin when they start to flower. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

[Note to self: Stake and train autos so the plants point north.]

4 Likes

Im not sure what ill do yet, ill probably leave the autos alone, stake them and fim and top the photos.

2 Likes

#3 is making her way up! 3/3 germination on widows. I have faith that the autos will pop up in a few days time.

Wife and I are taking a quick minute to get away and stay in Las Vegas for a night at one of our favorite spots, The Venetian!

6 Likes

The autos dirt is shifting, so I imagine we should have life coming up in a day or so. Added some DE

White widow #1

8 Likes

So the father in law saw that cups looked a bit dry as he was watering his citrus trees so he “gave them a drink” he says. :man_facepalming: So i asked not him to bother watering, explained a little bit, hes agreed to not water them any more lol they dont feel overly heavy or anything so i dont think he soaked them.

In better news, Lemon OG auto has popped up! The 2 early widows are pushing 2nd nodes pretty well.

7 Likes

A little windy today, the brick offers decent protection.

6 Likes