Did you say don’t do that? Lol

Royal Queen Seeds is the name of the vendor.

1 Like

First welcome to growers network and growing. It’s awesome!!

When u transplant, please get out of miracle grow. It’s not just the high N. It’s also a time released soil which u want to stay away from. There are times u may need to flush a MJ plant and if u r in a release soil and u flush it u just release more so U cause the problems to get worse not better. (Aside from the fact MG is anti MJ).

Second u will probably find it easier to grow in a fabric pot. Fungus gnats, mushrooms (not the good kind) and other crap like to take up in the plastic or non- breathable pots.

A ph meter is super important. Keeping your ph in line will b one if not the most important part of your grow. It’s like a diabetic having a testing kit. U can get one on eBay for 5$ no need to spend crazy money on one that will change the oil in your car. You just need to know the ph of the water going in and coming out.

If your just growing one plant and seeing if u like it and not going to become a “grower” I wouldn’t suggest spending a huge amount of money on lights either. Something like this would b fine.

In 4-6 weeks or whenever u decide to start flower u will need a light tight space and can buy a tent for around 40$ or build a light tight box. That’s when your fans come into play. When your plant is in a closed in space and doesn’t have open air space u need to make sure she has air movement.

I don’t want to overwhelm u with info and that will get u through for now. If u need any help u can tag people by putting the @ in front of their name like this @kimbo4prez. Good luck and don’t b afraid to ask any questions

2 Likes

Ok so some of us stoners should sleep more. I just read u have a tomato tent. :woman_facepalming:t2: Good you’re already ahead of the game. Lol

1 Like

That light is a waste of money and will only add to the problems in a tent. Stay away from these Amazon lights, all they are is small heaters that light up. I’m not understanding why people are pushing these lights so hard.

Going the cheap route gets you cheap results. And I’m not trying to argue…that’s just facts

1 Like

I real light is gonna cost you around a dollar per watt to build. More then that if you buy one that’s plug and play already. Save your money and buy small parts at a time. And your ph is one of the foundations of a successful grow…you can buy a 5 dollar one, but your more then likely gonna get 5 dollar results…in the form of your meter losing its calibration, or simply just being wrong. Growing is definitely not a cheap hobby.

1 Like

They worked fine for my first few grows. Put off almost no heat. Some people can’t afford the start up costs that are associated with growing. And these lights are able to b used later as seedling lights just fine.

I never said they were top of the industry but they do have their place. If u have the money and the time to wait there are certainly better options but for .33 cents a watt and electric bill efficiency there’s nothing wrong with those lights. They raise the temp in a 3x3 tent less than 2 degrees. I still run 6 of them in my seedling/clone room with no issues.

3 Likes

And sorry gonna disagree again. I have a 4$ meter I bought on amazon 3 yrs ago and a 50$ meter I bought at the hydro store. I use the 4$ meter daily Bc it’s more reliable. It doesn’t have to b that costly.

2 Likes

Yeah they have their place…suckering new growers in with low prices and out right lies. Same with all the premixed ratios of GH or FF. Lots of colorful bottle and cool advertisements. I’m just not about that life so to speak. 50 dollars on a 50 watt light that’s advertised as a 600w is BS in my book. And the plants will show that

1 Like

Agreed. That’s why u have to b educated. But 32 bucks on 100w light isn’t bad for a new grower who doesn’t know if they will grow a second plant.

2 Likes

Then we will agree to disagree. Everyone has their own thing. Grow how you see fit and if that makes you happy then hell yeah

1 Like

The light is not a 100 watts though. I’d be surprised if it was over 50. Its more like…ok our light has 10 diodes that have a max of 10 watts…so 10x10 is 100…100watts. What they dont advertise is that they run them at 2 watts so in reality you got yourself a 20 watt LED that loses more wattage to heat then actually light.

2 Likes

It’s advertised as an 800 w replacement and pulls an actual 100w. It’s a 100w light. That’s not a bad price for a newbie.

2 Likes

Yeah…and half of those watts are lost to heat.

1 Like

The link if you want to read the full article

https://www.ledsmagazine.com/leds-ssl-design/thermal/article/16696536/fact-or-fiction-leds-dont-produce-heat

1 Like

Have u ever owned one of those lights? I have a few. U can put your hand directly under them with no heat. Led are nothing like they used to b. Even the Chinese blurples are somewhat ok these days.

That exact light fully flowered this bud Bc I ran out of room in my flower room. And I have some very expensive lights as well. But they will grow AND flower bud. And they are growing 1 plant so if they have 50 w it serves their purpose. They need to cover space for 1 plant to see if they want to grow.

Many people grow a plant and decide it’s not for them. No one minds tossing 30$ towards a few ounces but I wouldn’t start investing in grow stuff until you’ve grown a plant.

2 Likes

They have internal fans in them

2 Likes

And those fans run off of what power? You guessed it…part of the 100 watts

3 Likes

I’m guessing the electrical plug

2 Likes

@imsickkid The truth of the matter— the grow tent included everything i needed to get started, including soil. Hasn’t come in yet. This was an emergency temp situation lol my seedling came quicker than I imagined.

I plan on sending amazon their light back as soon as mine comes in. I thought about keeping it for another set up. Thank you for your advice. I will def send it back. They have decent reviews on amazon— but that is amazon​:woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4:

What is your light set up like?

The tomato tent has a samsung led.

2 Likes

I run 2 different lights. One from HLG which is 4 of the QB 120’s. And then my newest light is the Pacific Lighting Concepts photo boost strips. Both fitted with the lm301b diodes from Samsung. If you have a light with samsung diodes then it sounds like you got something worth having. What grow kit did you purchase?

1 Like