Did you say don’t do that? Lol

I have a buddy on these forums that uses Viperspectra lights and he has strips and COBs but those Viperspectra lights produce killer bud too. You just have to have ENOUGH watts. His Viperspectra lights barely get hot either.

1 Like

Is there a formula to the amount of bud per watt? Or lol what?

What you really want to look at is the ppfd and ppf output that a light has. That’s where all these blurple lights get exposed for what they really are. And realistically…you usually pay around a dollar per watt…and I mean a TRUE watt.

1 Like

Hence most of your power is going to producing heat not light and why they have cooling fans built in… I grow led and have good success so far… Led does have its perks :wink::call_me_hand:

Hey what do you guys recommend for the seedling light schedule? I am reading 24/0 is cool.

2 Likes

I do 17-19 hours a day in that stage

1 Like

Seedling is fine under 24/0. I put clones under 24/0 for the first 7-10 days to keep things healthy and moving fast.

3 Likes

Whether auto or photo’s I also do 24/0 :wink:

1 Like

If you are doing 24/0 lighting on the seedlings make sure it’s with cfls or something similar in power. As in…dont stick a QB over them and give them no rest if your using an intense light.

1 Like

I’m doing it, and I know a lot of others that do it, as long as your light is high enough, over 36 inches

1 Like

Do u mean Dutch passion? Their ultimate strain is amazing… Best lime flavor ever!!! Super special stuff I’m ordering some in a cpl weeks again.super consistent strain always comes out similar

1 Like

@piper for the first few days

1 Like

And your light is also turned down all the way correct?

1 Like

No, 36 inches above right now, just planted auto northern lights, auto critical+ and auto destroyer

I also planted my 15 year old g13bw x c99 x ghaze that was gifted to me back in 2003-4 at cannibus world, I am not expecting them to sprout, but, don’t hurt to try :wink:

2 Likes

Lights only have bloom and veg option.

2 Likes

I meant your driver is turned all the way down? Or are you running a fixed light that doesn’t dim

1 Like

Your best bet is to keep both switches on to get the most out of that light.

2 Likes

I have a dimmable niemi 260w led quantum board, and a AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 (not running at the moment) the light is not turned down and is 36 inches above

https://niemiled.com/product/niemi-260w-led-quantum-board-dimmable/

2 Likes

@piper
Okayy cool. Lesson #107

My light is much closer than yours. I noticed a small yellow tip (three days ago). I dropped the light :confused: today after going to 24hrs for one day… the bottom rounds are STRUGGLING.

Lifting it up!!! Thanks for the visual​:woman_facepalming:t4::call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

I have not grown since 2004, hps was the thing back then, I was dialed in :wink: now it’s a whole new ballgame with leds, I do a lot of reading on this and other forums, mix all that with my own style and pray. :slight_smile:

In other words, I am a noob, so I would take what I am doing with a grain of salt, the others here have been doing it for a while, I would listen to them before me :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like