DIY led light build help

I like this :sunglasses:
@preybird1… do you think I can build the pic, below the price of $1170 that rapidLED is selling it for?

I want to do something like this

1 Like

I used there frame and 1 set of rails there nice! too expensive. For my tatse. Those rails are $48.99 each set so that light has 3 so $147 and the frame is like $50 and the driver brackets were $38? Each set. Extra rail brackets so $250 in just there parts for that. If you can do it yourself. Measure cut and drill and paint if you care for $50-70. So you can save right there. As for componants skys the limit. If i had a lot of money id put 12x hlg 96watts onto 3 rails. Stagard like a checker board and 3 drivers. Would not be cheap but would be incredible. Or if you want bigger say 6’ stretch them out. There is to many variables. That priced out at the sale price of $69 each x 12 =$828 drivers $125 each. So $1197. But thats extreme light.

You can get aluminum angle for $6-$8 each at lowes depending on lengths you want. I would connect the corners with 1/4" eye bolts. Then measure and make you rails and connect them similarly. This way if you need to change things it can completely come back apart.

1 Like

My build is almost $1.00 @ watt around $879
I got these in the corners. Then i used the product code for the compatable lens covers. Makes them water proof and dust and insect proof. Wish i got more of the lights. Fantastic little suckers!

2 Likes

damn :sunglasses:… appreciate all that!!

You’re in Canada like me. //EDIT: ahh… maybe your not in Canada, my bad

Can you list the stores you buy from?
You mentioned RapidLED, hgl, Lowes, and I see a link to horticulturelightinggroup… any else?

1 Like

I always shopped at mouser. https://www.mouser.com

1 Like

This place has some great prices!

2 Likes

Mouser, findchips, digikey, arrow, all similair and almost all exact pricing.

1 Like

Here is one we built years ago.

5 Likes

Wow thats interesting! Im digging it.

Question how do you solder those little ass LEDs to a pcbthey are so freaking small

3 Likes

Very carefully. :joy::joy::joy: Sorry.
They have magnifiers for that. :+1::wink::v:

2 Likes

Yes micro soldering glasses. Like jewlers eye glasses.
AC_SX522

3 Likes

Ahhh whatabout solder paste? Where can I find a pcb

2 Likes

So what are the thoughts on this light

@devjyarn on an earlier post you said to look for PPF not PPFD this chart only shows PPFD by it the number seems to be in the ball park of what you were talking about.

6 Likes

That light would be a good option to cover a 4x4!

5 Likes

Thanks man… is their PPFD what you were talking about

2 Likes

You gonna buy that? Man thats awesome but so expensive. I want to see a manufacturer make lenses for the led qauntum boards.

1 Like

Expensive??? Its like $450… it’s cheaper than the hlg

2 Likes

Oh i thought it said $1,200

2 Likes

Oh no that was the web site giving you that dumb other bought these together… it was like 4 different lights lol

3 Likes