Do you Recognize this pest?

Hey everyone, I have 2 autos plants that have been going about 2 weeks and I’m seeing these bugs on the leaves and also possible spots of bug waste. Outdoor, Soil, Anyone know what this is and how to treat it?

Also please ignore the white spots, it is DE that spilled.

Thanks for your help>

2 Likes

I cant get a good close look at it but it looks like a mite to me!

1 Like

Like some big brown gnat? Is that what i see? Gotta better pic?

1 Like

Sorry I have really bad dexterity when it comes to cameras and small things. Here’s the best pic I have:

It’s eating leaves, and leaving brown droppings/damage on the underside of the leaves

1 Like

3 Likes

Not sure what that critter is, it is not a mite. Way to big for a mite. But I did notice you have a whole passel of egg cases on the underside of the leaf in your second pic original post. Rub them off with your finger and crush them.

Marty

1 Like

Those aren’t egg cases. Under the microscope they look like just brown waste spots from the insect.

Any ideas on how to deal with the bugs?

2 Likes

I feel your pain. Where I live I couldn’t grow outdoors. The bugs ruined at least half each year trying to stay on top of pest management. I had to go indoor. Loving it. So clean
Good luck

3 Likes

I looked thru alot of bugs. Didn’t see it. Maybe if you get a group of them and maybe closer shot… i couldn’t find anything yet

1 Like

aphids? i hate bugs. i use Garden safe organic fungicide 3. fungicide insecticide miticide combined

Permethrin outta do it. It’s a safe natural insectacide. I also use Lost Coast, but it is better at being a deterrent than a kill, it will kill most stuff, but takes a lot and frequent application to do it. kinda pricy too.

Also try some diatomaceous earth it’s a powder completely inert, it basically chops their exoskeleton up.

Marty

My best guess is some kind of leafhopper ? Doesn’t look exactly like the ones I’m familiar with, but there are a bazillion bugs out there lol.

Marty

3 Likes

TBH I don’t so much care about the species but I have no idea how to treat this.

2 Likes

Nope not aphids.

Marty

4 Likes

I tried putting some DE on the leaves that’s what the white stuff is. I’m so afraid I’m going to accidentally smoke it and give myself cancer.

3 Likes

The worse you have to worry about DE is inhaling it when you apply it. Hell I drink it in water it’s good for you, gives you good nails and teeth, and will kill any parasites you might pick up too lol.

Marty

4 Likes

Going to bring a picture of the bugs to my local hydroponics shop and see what they say. They probably know this area’s insects well.

4 Likes

Lol. It’s crushed up fossil stuff

2 Likes

We need to know the species to know if it’s good or bad. It could be a beneficial bug.

2 Likes

Hi @Greenbert

It looks very similar to a white fly, but its not white , but may be related. Are there no other signs of insect damage on your plants ?

A wide range of broadspectrum products available here:

I personally love this product

3 Likes