Doobienoobies' Bionic Hydroponic Chronic grow journal

I have teaming… microbes and fungi. Only one in the series I’m missing BTB. Let me know how it is @blackthumbbetty

6 Likes

A bit more technical than microbes, so far. Some basic botany and such, too. Still, easy to get into.

5 Likes

This is the book my library had. I looked through their online catalog while there and seen they actually have a copy of the marijuana bible but it’s been checked out and due for return a few weeks ago. I put it on hold but who knows when or if it’ll be returned.

6 Likes

One more bottle for AN to make thousands on lol

prestone-jug

2 Likes

Could b a.feminization treatment … Interesting

1 Like

Charcoal scrubbers remove gasses

2 Likes

Wait… that has ethylene?

Ok just went and searched. I’ll be damned never even thought it could be so simple. I might have to do some tests this winter where I can grow in a bucket without worrying about water temps. And of course a single plant cause I ain’t brave enough to smoke anything that’s had that in it lol.

2 Likes

Would think only molicules lg enough tho

2 Likes

I would think that would empart something… The gas is clean for sure kinda sweet smelling

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll see if I can find any. If not I might try a plant with a small amount of antifreeze in the water. I won’t smoke it but I can grow two of the same one with and one without and see if there’s a difference. Especially if it truly aids in flower production. I’ve got a few months until it’s cold enough to grow without needing a water chiller so I can do some more research between now and then to come up with some experiment plans.

2 Likes

Rotten bananas make etheline cheaply

3 Likes

Hmm that might work as well. Being in a bucket and not my system I don’t have to worry about pumps clogging up. Might have to setup a few different plants to test different ideas on each. I’ve got enough room and lights to have a few extras in buckets.

2 Likes

Cover bananas with screen /pantyhose to prevent fruit flys tho :wink:

3 Likes

It seems America is the ever present nanny and might be harder to get. I’m not throwing in the towel but I might have to go to a place that handles compressed gases and see if they’ll rent me a small cylinder of it to get it in larger amounts.

If I were in India I could get it from Amazon.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.amazon.in/Ethylene-gas-fruit-Ripening-pack/dp/B07CGLT4FM&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjwwPCh8-DjAhVEnq0KHQpoBY8QFjAEegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1l7SbNwDyY0V8zlWQNRnxv

4 Likes

Cool , in Canada they will give you almost anything in a cylinder lol . Us should be easier

2 Likes

It wasn’t too pricy

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get it here since there’s no fruit growing commercially nearby. But if it has other uses they might have some. I’ll make some calls tomorrow to see what everyone says. Worst they can say is no. If it’s something that requires a license I know enough people I’m sure I can find someone to get it lol.

2 Likes

Ethylene GAS I think is what the plants use. Don’t go putting ethylene glycol on your plants.

4 Likes

Alright quick update before I call it a night. As for the new babies 9 of 10 are great. The oddball with a single cotyledon isn’t doing much so she might get culled soon.

And I just dropped 4 auto seeds in water I’m gonna throw outside into super soil in fabric pots thanks to my friend bringing me the soil and a couple pots. These autos will be my first attempt at both outdoor and soil. There’s 2 Strawberry Cheesecake autos and 2 Mazar autos. Hopefully there’s enough time left to finish them outdoors but if not they’ll get pulled inside to finish.

8 Likes

Strawberry cheesecake autos? From Heavyweight?

5 Likes