Doobienoobies' Bionic Hydroponic Chronic grow journal

I don’t know who they’re from. Was 2 seeds in a vial I received as freebies.

3 Likes

Well, I have been hoping Heavyweight makes an auto version. I wish it was them. That strain is tastgasmic.

6 Likes

Ok you soil growing people. I was given about 10 gallons of super soil and told it’s to potent for autos right off. So is happy frog safe? If so is the top half happy frog ok or should I do a 1/4 full then half frog and super with the top 1/4 straight happy frog? I need to get these new seeds into either a rockwool cube or the soil tonight. Just haven’t decided which way. The object is to not need anything but water for a while.

5 Likes

@mrcrabs is the soil jesus

5 Likes

Meant to tag people but got sidetracked lol. Spent an hour trying to get that much typed out.

4 Likes

Personally I’d use a cube to start I’m not a fan of mixing mediums unless blended I find during heavy growth the two dry out at different rates and tear up roots .I always ended up w brown roots when I did

4 Likes

Is the happy frog not soil? Sorry I know nothing of dirt growing. I just remembered it was fairly neutral I can get it started in the cube. That buys me a few more days of not worrying. I just wanted to buff up my stockpile with a few autos outside as easily as possible.

3 Likes

I think it is, but not 100%sure haven’t tried it yet.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t know anything lol. I said I’d never do dirt but outdoors it’s really the only option. I don’t think coco would do well in the hot summer temps here. So no better time to start than now. :rofl: At least this way I’ll have a better idea how to handle it next spring. I’m gonna do some photos then for the full outdoor season.

4 Likes

It has its benefits , it’s hard to piss them off in soil where you have a buffer :wink:

5 Likes

I like the idea of super soil grows better than the regular soil types. I need to learn more about it. I know most the same stuff applies and from being on the forums so long not much unknown other than what actually makes up the ingredients. With my back I don’t want to be lugging 50 pound bags of soil non stop. So recycling it is the only way I think for me. But haildamaged can help me with that info since he reuses all his.

3 Likes

Yea , I agree with @hoppiefrog starting in nutrient rich soil can burn your babies, I’d start in your cube or a seed starter with no to little nutrients, your babies will be fine for about the first 3 weeks or till you see your cotyledons start shriveling up and go from there on what soil your going to use to repot your plants @doobienoobie

4 Likes

Don’t know if you can get roots organics original but it is good for 4-5 weeks for veg till they hit the super soil, now whether 1/3 or 1/2 at bottom I am not sure yet. I have 8 right now with super soil half full in 7 gal pots.
What is in your super soil?
This better
Soil Recipe to be mixed with 1 to 1/1/2 cu ft of base soil
.3125 lb or 5 oz Fishbone Meal 3-16-0
.3125 lb or 5 oz Steamed Bone Meal 2-14-0
.625 lb or 10 oz Bat Guano 0-7-0
.3125 lb or 5 oz Blood Meal 13-0-0
.3125 lb or 5 oz Feather Meal 12-0-0
.375 lb or 6 oz Colloidal Rock Phosphate 0-3-0
1 tbsp Potassium Sulfate 0-0-53
1 tbsp Souluble Kelp Powder 0-0-17
1 tbsp Mycorrhizal Fungi (300 spores per gram)
3/4 tsp Powdered Humic Acid (90 % pure)
1 1/2 tbsp Epsom Salt
1tbsp Sweet Lime (Dolomite)
1 tbsp Asomite (Trace Elements)
6.25 lbs Worm Castings
Here is my strawbeery cheese cake at 3 weeks, only water with roots original top half and super soil bottom half. I have two of them with green fields top half to see how that does.

5 Likes

I bought a small plastic swimming pool to make mixing easier. Then put most of the stuff in a container and shook it alot then sprinkled it on the pile of roots original and mixed it all in, took my time and about an hour later was satisfied mixed well. Then I let it sit out in the sun on my porch for 30 days, that is to kill any bugs and let the fertilizers all dissolve and sink in, you can use right away, but a couple weeks is good for things to settle, and about 3 gallons of water in the mix, not too much, you don’t want mud.

6 Likes

I already bought the happy frog. It’s haildamaged super soil. Whatever he’s got in there it grows killer plants.

4 Likes

Happy Frog is peat, composted forest products, and beneficial fungus. I think. You’ll be fine.

3 Likes

For my autos, I start them in a rooter, but once the roots are popping out, they go into cowpots filled with the same mix they get in their forever home.

I’d mix the HF with the super soil, increasing the super soil in the mix near the bottom of the pot.

5 Likes

That sounds like a good plan.

4 Likes

Yo Doob. Hows the midgets growing?

7 Likes