Dry VS Wet Nutrients

So guys I’ve been on the market on trying some new nutrients. I’ve really liked the soul synthetics but I just want to see what else is there. I’m debating on trying some dry nutrients. What is there to know about it? Do you mix it in water, spread it over the top of soil, mix it in to your soil? Also if I do decide to try the dry nutes any brand recommendations? I’m thinking of either roots organics or house and garden. What do you think?

2 Likes

Greengenes garden on Instagram and youtube dudes a beast

2 Likes

Mo is Molybdenum… still have to flush it out…even dutch nutrients advises a flush to remove it… and from Maiximum Yield site… “In cases where molybdenum was washed away by heavy rainfall or floods,” gardeners may choose to treat the plant with a foliar spray containing molybdenum. So heavy stuff can be flushed… sometimes when we don’t want it to…lol… @eldindupljak and is classified as a heavy metal… and you do support/use it by using Jack’s …

1 Like

The list of heavy metals is long , by definition even the IRON is heavy metal , now we have toxic and non-toxic heavy metals, or better say very toxic and less toxic , also we have biodegradable and non - biodegradable . The four most toxic heavy metals that every cannabis flower or cannabis product must be tested are : Lead , Mercury , Arsenic and Cadmium . The cannabis plant is extreme accumulator , meaning it will absorb everything from the soil , here is the problem . Even the companies claim that their products contain a small amounts of this heavy metal , and they are in compliance with fertilizer laws , if those fertilizers are used for cannabis is totally different story . Now if you test a cannabis flower it will most likely not be contamineted , if you test cannabis extraction like oils and etc. again you have good chances bc in the process most of the heavy metals will be decontaminated , the biggest problem with heavy metals are some extractions that they dont go through the process of reverse osmosis like water hash , rosins and etc . And no its not possible to flush non biodegradable metals from the plant tissue , the point of flushing is to starve the plant so the plant will use the stored nutes , this heavy metals the plant is not using them so they will just accumulate , flushing from the soil maybe , but that doesnt fix the problem . I had a problem with GH FLORALICIOUS PLUS and i talked with their stuff they told me to flush lol , of course after that more competent person , apologize for that .

And yes the MO is biodegradable so in fact you can flush it by the meaning of flushing , i personally dont believe in flushing , i only flush to reduce cost for fertilizers

This is the website in California where you can check the heavy metals content for all fertilizers registered in California :

https://apps1.cdfa.ca.gov/fertilizerproducts/****

https://aurorainnovations.com/dry-nutrients-player-pack.html

1 Like
1 Like

I asked @PreyBird1 about it and this is what he recommends :

5 Likes

Contact Nate @dakine420. He will probably hook you up with a sample set. Its really good stuff

2 Likes

@kapouic… I think in a week or two I will be picking that up… that price is insane

3 Likes

I ran dry nuets for a while. I also used @dakine420. Very good stuff. And I used greenway biotech. Also good. Using dry nuets. You mix with water.
I also allows you to control how much of each NPK you use. And not being sold a bunch of overpriced water.
I still use dry on occasion. But its just extra work I don’t have time for.

I’m really liking key grow nuets. I’m not having to PH when I use their product. So that’s a plus

4 Likes

I use megacrop and jacks (321). Megacrop is a great veg nutrient but I am trying jacks in flower soon.

5 Likes

I’ve heard of the dakine420 and that it is a good product. My local shop didn’t have much of it though. I’m looking for an all in one starter pack. I’ve ended up picking up the aurora innovations master pack. It’s a combination of what I’m already running, roots organics and dry nutes. My shop didn’t have any soul Synthetics but had the master pack so I’m gonna try that out. All wet nutes are 5ml/g and the dry is 1tsp/g. Anyone ever try F

lawless Finish from Advanced Nutrients?

3 Likes

I have the roots organic master line also. I love it also. Im soing a full test of 3 lines. Advanced nutrients. Roots organic. And dakine420

5 Likes

I haven’t had any problems except running out of the soul line lol

1 Like

@PreyBird1 do you top dress or mix the dry in with the rest?

1 Like

I top dress if i dressing. You could mix also. Hmmm good question?

1 Like

Just contact Nate @dakine420 they will set you up with a sample pack.

2 Likes

@sleeperjunky I use dry nutes exclusively. I use Jack’s 5-12-26 and 15-0-0 along with Epsom salts and monopotassium phosphate 0-52-34 from Greenway Biotech. I’ve also got a range of supplements from NPK Industries’ RAW line.

Everything I use is water soluble. I either mix the dry ingredients directly into my reservoir, or make stock solutions by dissolving the dry nutes into a small amount water then dose by the mL just like bottled nutes.

I’ll have to find my notes, but I think a gallon of full strength bloom nutes ends up costing me about $0.07

7 Likes

The best company ! I use the same thing , only Jack’s 5-12-26 , 15-0-0 and Epsom .
Dont you think the monopotassium phosphate will mess with the ratio , too much K has a negative effect on the Ca and Mg , usually K-Ca-Mg needs to be 4:2:1 , also i dont like P in big quantities , you can find a lot on the internet against using P in big quantities … @MK3_Pharms learn from this guy he knows what he is doing , if u dont want from me lol

2 Likes