Dry VS Wet Nutrients

Whatever , you are right ! Yes you can flush heavy metals !

@eldindupljak regarding the NPK ratios and your concern about overdosing K, I’m adjusting my ratios using Jack’s, Epsom salt and MPK based on the ratios put out by a few different cannabis specific nutrient lines. Overall cannabis nutes are waaaay out of wack when compared to the nutritional needs of other heavy fruiting plants like tomato, peppers and poinsettias. I’m trying to refine my blends for specific stages of growth using other’s ratios as a guideline. Right now I’m testing out the ratios used in the Floraflex nutrients.

I use monopotassium phosphate to allow me to control the nitrogen levels I’m giving my plants. I can use it with calcium nitrate 15-0-0 rather than Jack’s 5-12-26 so I’m not too nitrogen heavy during flower.

4 Likes

I use only the Jack’s 5-12-26 and the 15-0-0 .
VEG 200 ppm of N ; 25-12-26
Transition (1-4 Week of Flowering ) 250 ppm of N ; 20-12-26
Late Bloom (4-8 of Bloom ) 125 ppm of N ; 10-12-26

I think the best guideline for cannabis nutrition requirements will be the companies with long Horticulture Experience that has a cannabis line . Also i dont know do you preform a tissue test , tissue test will give you answer on lot question , you will never seen P ratio bigger then N even if you take sample day before harvest , and the K will usually be slightly more then N . All new studies about cannabis they show high N levels until mid flowering , i will not be scared from the N believe me you will be surprised by the results . Lyn Griffith from Harrell’s he was doing studies for cannabis nutritien requirements also goes with 250ppm deep in Flowering until week 4 . I personally dont believe to any of those companies like Advanced Nutritions, Canna , 420Dakine, Veg+Bloom those companies are real scammers they just try to sell all kind of things thas why they have so crazy ratios of P and K , and of course they are cheap on N because N is the most expensive , they even dont provide pure N from Nitrate …

OptimalRateofOrganicFertilizerduringtheFloweringStageforCannabisGrowninTwoCoir-basedSubstratesCaplanetal.2018 (1).pdf (605.5 KB)

In this study at the highest fertilizer rate (283 ppm of N )yield was 2.1 greater then with the lowest ( 57ppm of N ) with ratio approximately 2:1:3 all the way in the flower …

I’ll quote a few numbers for greenhouse crops grown in inert substrates, just because that’s what I use. All values are in PPM.

Tomatoes and sweet peppers
N: 308
P: 31
K: 313, increase 25 - 80 during fruiting
Ca: 400, increase 8 - 30 during fruiting
Mg:109
S: 218

I’ve heard from some very trusted crop supervisors and nutrient designers that a blend somewhere between tomatoes and poinsettias is a good place to start with when making a custom fertilizer blend for cannabis. I can’t find my book with poinsettia fertilizer formulations at the moment.

1 Like

Honestly I’d have a hard time thinking canna spent 200000000$ researching cannabis and is wrong about much also imo it is second to none in quality of finished product w some additives but is pricy for sure . They have lots of solid science behind their research or they wouldn’t be the source of so many charts in literature imho

1 Like