Effective and affordable Mite Control

If there’s one plague that every cannabis grower fears the most it’s MITE INFESTATIONS !
There are good predacious mites that are available as a biological control. Six Spot Thrips are just incredible but not widely available. The problem with biological controls is that the predators need something to feed on to survive, so getting them established can be problematic. Another problem is that mites reproduce at astonishing rates and if you have a infestation it may take them weeks to control the population.

There is a source that provides economical packaging of effective miticides…BEFORE YOU FREAK ABOUT USING POISONS…uderstand this is not 1960 and most of these materials are insect growth regulators specific to mites… So do as you will but at least I wanted to post this source just for the awareness of the community…

Miticides and insecticides For Sale (flytrapcare.com)

7 Likes

Great post Bob!

I have been lucky that I have never had a mite problem in any of my indoor grows inside, but I have been lucky as I will work in my garden and then tromp into my office and then mess around in my grow tent with no ill effects so far. I did have whiteflies on an outside grow, but they didn’t seem to harm the plant any. I’m gonna go check this out now.

4 Likes

Wooooo, the ‘transformed’ mrgreenjeans is up and back in action…

I have it on good authority that our new ‘mrgreenjeans’ is actually a old vet here. However, he may have a reason for traveling incognito and I WILL NOT SPILL THE BEANS!

5 Likes

Oh go ahead and spill the beans you know you want to lol…and lookie lookie it’s working again for now lol.

Marty

4 Likes

You may never see me again…but I’m gonna risk this and log off, and reboot my box and then try to log in again and see what happens.

5 Likes

What do u recommend for mites got 3 clones from a friend they all have mites they have been in my tent for about a month. Just noticed leafs turning yellow. Though it was ph problem because ph was dropping during the night. Borrowed a microscope from friend and seen these little basta#rds. Ripped the 3 out and got rid of infested plants but now i have to treat the other 4 no sign of infestation on them but will treat anyway.

3 Likes

Here is a thread for you to read!

1 Like

Thanks @nacho151

2 Likes