Fall/winter grow. Mainlining

Hello all! Welcome to my fall/winter grow journal! This time around I will be changing several things. First off I will be making an attempt to mainline two plants into 16 colas each. Second I will be using a new nutrient company called MANTIS buffered nutrients. They claim to be an all in one nutrient bottle that is ph buffered and does not need to be flushed. I will be veging these girls with my two 300watt viparspectra lights and when it is time to flower I hopefully will have ordered a quantum board that will fit my 2x4 tent. Lastly I will be using promix hp for my medium. Once my seeds have tapped I will be popping them directly into a solo cup filled with the promix… Any opinions, tips, and questions are greatly appreciated! Let’s get this party started!! :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

6 Likes

My tent has been completely cleaned and sterilized from head to toe and is ready to welcome the new girls home. The humidity in the basement is still quite high but tends to drop to reasonable levels around November and stays fairly dry throughout the winter.

3 Likes

My lights still need a good cleaning before going back in the tent. For the price these are decent lights. The plants veg at a good rate but it does tend to produce a reddish stem on the plants. I’m still not sure if this compromises anything… The bud that these lights produce is a little “airy” and not nearly as tight and compact as I would like… for this mainlining grow these lights would definitely NOT produce the colas I am hoping to make…

These are a few buds that the viparspectras produced. They are about a week into curing. They smell amazing but nowhere near as dense as I would like

2 Likes

Now to meet the girls! I have two seeds left for this grow. One is a Purple Orange cbd, and the other is a dinamed cbd plus both coming from Dinafem seeds. They have been hangin out in tap water ph’d to 6.3 for 24 hours.

Time to move them to some paper towel and a heating pad!

I poored about half of the water out in the sink and used the rest to make the paper towel nice and damp. Each seed has their own paper towel with the bag underneath to make sure I don’t mix them up (stoner brain!). I’m not sure what my heating pad’s temperature But it keeps the plate nice and warm. Hopefully we see some tap roots soon!

2 Likes

There was a thread about this nutrient line on here a while back and I have been curious ever since… I have been talking to a rep through email and he assured me I would be very happy with the line and would never want to use another company after trying theirs. He also told me that you can add bloom boosters but if I do then I will have to flush the plant afterwards… I do plan on using big bud and maybe an overdrive bloom booster if I find some extra money. So by the end of his grow I will be flushing with Flawless finish by advanced nutrients.

There is the MANTIS website for anyone that is curious about this line.

2 Likes

Very interesting, I will be watching avidly and learn a lot again!! Yeah! Thanks for sharing::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you and welcome! This thread is going to take a long time from start to finish due to all the high stress the plants will go through. They both are VERY tough strains and will be able to handle it without any problems… I hope

2 Likes

Alright so both have tapped!

Before I plant I ran a couple of tests on promix hp. This is my first time using this medium and I want to make sure I have my numbers right before I jump into things.
First was my ph test. I took a good amount of water and ph’d it to 6.2.

I poured it over two solo cups filled with promix hp to test the run off. What I got was quite low to me…

So should I water and feed with something higher than 6.2? @pomeroymc, @tdubwilly, @imSICKkid, @hoppiefrog,

I also tested the ppm…
the water I used read at 162 ppm.

The run off read at 812…

Which means 650 ppm came from the promix… That seems quite high to me for a seed. I have read about so many people just popping their seeds into promix hp and letting them grow and I plan to do the same although I’m not feeling as confident as I was before seeing those numbers…

4 Likes

Use ph5.8-6 for pro mix and don’t use any nutes for a week or two depending on growth. But you will be fine I have never had any pt and that’s what u run as well :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks man! So then why did I measure such a low ph after run off?

2 Likes

I agre with @hoppiefrog, I have never tested mine, but I always pop my seeds right in the ProMix HP. I start nutes after the catelydons are yellow which is usually a couple weeks, sometimes earlier, but rarely.

2 Likes

Oh, correction, I usually pH to 5.8-6, but then once I switch to flower I switch to 6.2-6.4 because the plant’s root’s hormones drop the pH quickly in the rhizosphere (root zone) so I adapt with my nutrients going in so it doesn’t drop too low.

1 Like

Your runoff test has a ton of coco particles which could be making the reading higher then what it is. The only thing in the promix hp is some added mycorrhizae aka your going to have to start feeding them as soon as you start seeing the cotelydons start to fade. And if your ph starts swinging to low in flower it’s because your plants are drinking more water then they are nutrients…thus creating a more acidic situation. If you see your ph start dropping in flower then just lower the amount of food they are getting until you see the ph respond. I would suggest probably hitting them with around 200ppm of full strength nutrients once you see the cotelydons start yellowing.

3 Likes

Your tent set up looks amazing! I still have flowering plants in my tent but still have 4 seeds (2 chemdog and 2 sour kush AF) I plan on germinating in a few weeks and after seeing what you posted I will definitely learn from the test you ran… Can’t wait to see how they grow up!! :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the advice and good vibes guys! I have yet to order the nutrients from mantis… I plan to in a couple of days and if it doesn’t get here in time I still have a little bit of my ph perfect micro, grow, bloom I can use…

4 Likes

Alright! Let the fun begin!

I have placed the two seedlings tap root down into the mix and covered them up. I budget where I can so I’ve used two 2 litre bottles with the bottoms cut out as my domes.

I will water and spray with water ph’d to 5.8-6 for now. Happy growing!

5 Likes

I like to make four cuts along the bottom crease of the cup and a few holes at the bottom.

3 Likes

Nice!! :call_me_hand:…How many lumens is your light pushing?.. Just curious how far away is your light from your new babies?

3 Likes

It’s a pretty bright light, I didn’t even measure right now I just tend to keep it high up for a little bit and bring it down to about 24-30 inches before the babies starts to stretch too much

1 Like

Unique!!! I’m curious!..I always thought it was the other way around were you raise the light as your ladies grow…I use the same method for germinating but use 2 23watt daylight bulbs that push 1500 lumens and keep them about a foot from the lighting or less above them that way there’s enough humidity just as babies tho

1 Like