Fall/winter grow. Mainlining

If heard rumors/conspiracy theories lol… They’ve started using terraforming to help rebuild crucial parts of this planet that pretty much help it survive… We drill oil like it’s nothing… Yet did you know fossil fuels like crud oil are natural lubricants between the tectonic plates towards the Earth’s core :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Yes, but rarely.

That baby looks too wet to me. Do you let the soil dry? How often are you misting them?

3 Likes

@pomeroymc I was totally overspraying! The plants are looking much healthier now. I have been waiting for the promix to dry up before watering. I’m surprised how long the promix stays moist for, I would have assumed it would be drying up in a day… but I really haven’t water these girls that much yet… Picture updates tomorrow after my shift!

3 Likes

Hi altitudes often are dry enviroments in the us. Makes for higher levels of cannabinoids. Also easier to control disease. Plus its sunny most summer days makes for large potent plants indeed. Arazona is a great place to grow as well.desert grows will take over once federal legislation happens im sure. The western coast will be one giant farm haha.

3 Likes

Quick update: so we are on day ten. They are looking better now, the dinamed cbd plus is still a little scraggly but I’m not worried. The last two cbd plus plants I grew looked weird in the seedling phase so I assume that’s just their genetics. I have gotten rid of the domes and have been keeping the tent very humid. The promix seems to take atleast two days to dry, I have been watering about 10ml at a time.

So I have some bad news! I am completely broke and do not have the money to spend on MANTIS nutrients… I will have to stick with my MICRO GROW BLOOM nutrients… I will still be using big bud and hopefully (if money gets less tight in the future) will pick up some over drive and bud candy… HAPPY GROWING🤙

3 Likes

Yes it will be!! Lol seems like all of our surrounding states are coming through… I just have a hard time thinking cannabis can survive in 125 degree dry heat in an outdoor grow but I’ve never grown outdoor so ultimately I don’t know

2 Likes

Max is normally 120 farenheit. I read that in a book :shushing_face:. Youd have to shade them with a shade cloth thats is only like 15% shade and some outdoor misters to control the temp. Otherwise greenhouse with a/c.

2 Likes

Exactly!! I’m not in Arizona yet but if you think about it adapting to climates in states that have never even tried growing cannabis commercially… That right there is world changing!.. There’s always been grows like that but as each state legalizes it’s becoming a business… Here in Cali it’s called the green rush lol

2 Likes

Man that mantis is wayyyy pricey. Lots of other lines that have great prices. A sampler of dakine420 3 part grow,base,bloom $40 growershouse.com i used it on my last grown and im finishing this grow with it. Very happy with it
If you need some samples hit up this site.
http://aurorainnovations.com/8ozsampleform.php
This is what im using with dakine420 at the same time.

This master kit was $107 and it has a lottttt of good stuff in it.

Got these samples in a week. But the catch is you only get to have samples 1 time only.

3 Likes

Damn! It says United States only for those samples👎 I’m going to go to my local hydro shop this week and see what they have and what prices I can play with but I’m almost 100% sure I’ll just pick up a small batch of micro, grow, bloom.

3 Likes

Compare the labels on any of the bottles at the hydro store. Between the 2 parts, all brands will have the same ingredients more or less. Some bottles sure look a lot nicer than others, though - and printer ink isn’t cheap, haha. Just choose whatever fits your budget and your needs. Nutrients aren’t magic, they’re chemistry, and all manufacturers use the same chemicals.

6 Likes

That makes sense. The only reason mantis appealed to me was the assurance that is had everything a grower needed all in one bottle. So eventually I would like to try and and see if it was worth it… after this promix grow I am considering moving on to organic living soil… i feel like I need to try every style of growing with every type of medium before choosing my preferred way of growing.

4 Likes

The only reason they come in more than one bottle is to keep a reaction from happening. Like 2 part epoxy. It’s super strong stuff.

4 Likes

Right, I understand that so mantis must have found a way around that. They also insist that bloom boosters are not needed (although if careful can be used in combination) and as long as you don’t use any other nutrient then a flush is not necessary. It almost sounds too good to be true that’s why I wanted to test it out so badly. Convenience is huge for me, I love playing with growing cannabis but in the long run I will end up using the easiest most effective way I find.

2 Likes

If I were you, I’d pH a reservoirb of pure water and then pull my water for the day from there. Throw in 5ml of this, 2ml of that and you’re good. No messing with pH and you can “feed by feel” knowing your plants are getting something consistent.

4 Likes

That’s why my weeds so good! Lol

Anyway, @davesnothere, I am happy we solved that problem.

5 Likes

Thank you @pomeroymc!

Day 11:

Promix is dry and I’m starting to see some yellowing. Time for their first light feed! I am going to start with 1/4 strength of micro, grow, bloom by AN (1ml of each for every litre).

My tap water alone sits at about 7.55 (ph pen calibrated today) with a Ppm of 155.

3 Likes

After adding the “ph perfect” technology my ph sits at about 6.68… I have found myself never being able to fully rely on the “ph perfect” buffer and always have to slightly play with the ph even at full strength…

So I added some ph down to get it to about 5.8

Total ppm after everything added: 429… 274 ppm coming from nutes+ph down.

Let’s see you girls grow!

Happy growing🤙

7 Likes

Day 13:
It looks like the girls liked their small feed. I see a little more green in them today. I am noticing that they aren’t stretching so I have raised the light up to 36 inches for now. Temp and humidity are staying fairly consistent which is making life pretty easy. All I have to do is fill up my small humidifier every twelve hours.
My basement is now very dry and will stay dry for the rest of fall and winter. The humidity was at 68 when I opened the temp and in the very short time it took me to snap a quick few pics it dropped 3%.

My purple orange cbd is growing pretty well although this girl needs to start stretching or it is going to be a while before I top her…

The dinamed cbd plus is still looking like a funky girl but like I said before this is my third plant of this strain that I have grown and they all have looked like this…

Not much else to report on for now! So happy thanksgiving weekend to all the canucks and to everyone else happy growing!!

4 Likes