Feeding Rooted and Unrooted Clones

I just popped a couple of cuttings from my last defoliation in a yogurt tub, added some airstones and placed them in my converted bedside cupboard under some CFL’s.
They have been in there for a couple of day on straight 24 hour light. Tonight I’ve seen some signs of roots beginning to start.
So I added, 0,5ml of Multi Kelp and 0,5ml of Explogrow with their water. Lets put it that way. I’m not a cloning type of guy. But I’m Curious Enough to Try.
So do you guys feed your Rooted and Unrooted clones and what do you feed?

1 Like

My Converted Bedside Cupboard.

The CFL’s

I have LED lights that fit in the box too, but they make the box very hot. The CFL’s work for now.

9 Likes

Very Kool grow cupboard brother. :+1::+1::+1:
Totally inconspicuous. :clap::clap::clap::v:

4 Likes

I feed my clones nonstop from the second they hit my turbo cloner or my float table. I also feed seedlings the same way.

4 Likes

Thanks @oldguy
I build the cupboard last year in around 3 hours. The thing that took the longest was gathering all the spares out of my garage and bedroom. The conversion went fast.

2 Likes

Can I ask what you feed and how much?
I know you don’t like to say what you feed…
But did I go wrong with the Multi Kelp and Explogrow (beneficial organisms)?
My clones look worse off this morning after the feeding from last night.

Rooted clones I treat as adults and feed accordingly.
Clones with out roots I foliar feed with cloneX solution until they get them. Keeps them from getting so wilted and gives them some nitrogen.

8 Likes

Canna start never lets me down;)

4 Likes

I also like clonex. It works well. Here ill take a picture of the differences in roots. Between a float table. Or kratky non circulating passive hydroponic method and a turbo cloner.
20200225_201522
20200224_201624
Exact same day and time. They were also all cut on the same day and put into the cloners.

5 Likes

Well lets put it this way. When I decide to start really doing clones. I will build n bucket with a fountain pump with little sprayers or just the normal fountain head. I don’t want something big, but something that gives fast roots and is easy enough to do and not worry much about the system.
Well the best cloner will be something that fits in my bedside cupboard for now. I really Love growing from seed. Clones will be just something extra for Now and Then…

3 Likes

They sell the replacement pump for the turbo clower and manifold as one item.

this ones cheap.

2 Likes

Thanks @PreyBird1 but I don’t buy online. I build one myself. I Love DIY

I did one also diy. Was a great project. Was just hoping to help ya shave some time on the build in case you wanted an option. Some people cant make stuff and im glad you can. Post pics when its up and running.
Edit: i want to make a big cloner that i can put in plant tops of 12"-16" tall but i cant find a dome big enough.

2 Likes

I appreciate the help @PreyBird1.
I’m lucky to be Blessed with 3 Trades behind my name and 2 very crafty hands.

2 Likes

My Grow Journal @PreyBird1

Thanks for this comparison photo, it’s very helpful. I’d like to ask a couple of questions, as I just got a Turbokloner and have my first cuttings in it now. How do you judge when to take them out of the cloner and put them in their pot? Do you transfer them into some other type of media? I am planning to do deep root in 5 gallon buckets with hydroton clay, and I’m trying to figure out how that transplant works. Any tips and information would be appreciated!

3 Likes

Welcome to the GN Family @jschwarz44

2 Likes

Welcome! @jschwarz44
Wait at least 12-14 days. Make sure you add more nutrients and swap it once a week. I dont take the clones out until the roots hit the water below.

2 Likes

Here are some clones i just pulled a couple hours ago.

4 Likes

Very Nice my friend. The roots look Very Good. My clones just have little white root stumps at the moment.

2 Likes