Femanizing pollen and seeds. And an STS how to!

I’m pretty sure my procedure was the same that produced viable pollen and seeds with my Durban Poison run. Gonna give it one more try and if it fails I’ll mark it up to strain related. Tons of sacs, no pollen.

8 Likes

Let those roots grow longer. The roots will feather out more and grow faster. But thats just been my experience. My goji sts’d male/female made a lot more anthers instead of poded flowers that open up then the anthers/nanners would be inside the pod. Its a strange reaction to sts. I wasnt getting any burn from the sts so i might try again and spray like 10 maybe even 14 days before flip this time.

Have you taken the actual tubes and snapped them in half with tweezers? I did on mine and there was very little pollen. Se i ended up breaking them over flowers and flicking the tubes. And rubbed the pollen off my finger on the stigmas/pistils

9 Likes

Yeah, I figure about another week. Pot up to quarts, then 21 L air pots. My timing was way off on this try. I’ll know better this time and keep the catcher in veg a couple of more weeks while pollen forms. I’ll be cutting clones and if the seeding fails I’ll grow out a couple. It’s for my wife. I make cannabis powder for her and an ounce is about a year supply.

8 Likes

Here they are potted up. They were about 5 or 6 weeks into flower. Will post progress after they start showing new growth.

10 Likes

We are Paitents waiting with patience :pray: @PreyBird1

8 Likes

Waiting with more patients…

8 Likes

I am a patient boy, I wait, I wait, I wait! My time, is like water down a drain!

Waiting Room - Fugazi

9 Likes

Well i just Waiting in Vain’ by Bob Marley

7 Likes

Starting to show some good growth on the clone that had the longer roots. Will probably be up potting in 2 or 3 weeks and start spraying with STS about a month later.

11 Likes

Her is the sts plant. I topped it a week ago.

Here are my tiny mothers. I got another in the hydro system. So if i like the strain i keep lots of extras in case. Never know if you get a pest or kill one by accident.

I also like to rotate my harvests so i have a constant selection of fresh “house strains” I love Runtz a lot and i always have a fresh batch. In fact im smoking some right now :+1:

sneak peek seeded clone revegging after seed set. Get to try the new strain before its even made. If its not good i wont continue the project.:man_shrugging: should get half a dozen seeds.

8 Likes

Feed tomorrow. Start spraying the big one with STS, Friday the 23rd. and flip to flower Christmas day. Hope this one isn’t shooting blanks like last time. The one sitting on the ground is a Pineapple Express just for the heck of it.

9 Likes

Update on the sts goji crasher.

I didnt want to top this plant again so i just pinched it and bent it a little. It usually takes the plant a couple days to recover and the bottom shoots of the plant start to catch the top main shoot.

10 Likes

First spray of STS on the Fruity Chronic Juice. Looks good. No burning.

The one on the right will be the seeder.

9 Likes

2nd spray. Flip to flower Monday.

9 Likes

very nice plants :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nice and how many days before the flip did you spray. I know you followed the tutorial last time. So did you try something differently this time? Next sts i want to spray mores days before flipping.

10 Likes

I sprayed twice and flipped last time. I think I might have stopped spraying too soon. I have sprayed twice and am going to spray one more time and flip to flower. How long after male parts start showing do you continue to spray?

9 Likes

I spray for at least 5 days everyday before then flip.

10 Likes

Do you continue to spray after flip?

8 Likes

Yes every 5 days for another month man. Or it will revert back to female that’s probably why you got no pollen last time. I kept spraying and it was still fighting the spray. This is why i was going to spray sooner than the 10 days before flip like maybe 2weeks of pre-spraying then flip and spray every 5 days. Maybe every 2 days i havent decided. Its just more experimental things to try…another rabbit hole to go down.

10 Likes