Finally back at it!

Come on by lol. I will be away hunting but my wife will be home. We have lots of infused baked goods lmao.

5 Likes

Well itā€™s been a minute! Iā€™m back at it again Iā€™ve got 8 seedlings ready to go outside once the night temps start staying warmer. Iā€™ve got 4 Fruit loops 2 Black Diamonds 1 Poppa Kush and 1 Green Crack. Iā€™m undecided on how many Iā€™m doing in fabric pots probably 2 the rest will be spread out in various places around the property to find the spot :wink:. I started this journey with 26 seedlings but couldnā€™t realistically keep them all, so I picked the best of the bunch. But I still couldnā€™t just toss the degenerates away I planted them in shitty spots because what have I got to loose I just canā€™t remember where they all are I have found a couple. Most of this will be fly by the seat of your pants kinda of grow. Iā€™m pumped to be growing again. So on to the show!

8 Likes

16 Likes

LOL, no worries @happyhippy ā€¦Iā€™ve got tree squirrels around here with the same mapping issues!
Friggin ninja pecans pop up annually around here!

Seedlings are looking good!! You know what to do!

10 Likes

Thanks @rflasch

6 Likes

Hahah donā€™t put em outside when these guys are around! They love a good nibble of delicious fresh green!

7 Likes

Not much to update on. Plants have had about as much as they can take of the solo cups and being 1ā€ away from the light. I have the light dimmed as much as I possibly can without risking it not firing up when the timer turns on. Turns out you can only dim the light so low before it wonā€™t power up once cycled with the timer weird. Iā€™m hoping the long range forecast starts staying warm at night.

10 Likes

lol Iā€™ve got some chicken wire to put around them. And a couple of dogs that loose they shit if anything tries to even land on the bird feeder. I had a turkey that was coming around for the bird seed but that didnā€™t last long With officers Cockknuckles and Dicklock on patrol lol.

11 Likes

Hahaha, well guarded, good on ya! Good growing mate!

7 Likes

Thanks @MrMonkey420

7 Likes

Things have gone a little south with a few of the seedlings lol. A little to close to the light and not enough water. Iā€™m sure they will come around I watered them and moved them off the shelf and put them on the floor beside the shelf and cranked up the light.

7 Likes

13 Likes

Things have bounced back pretty well. Iā€™m going to start hardening them off tonight maybe tomorrow morning depending on temps. I also topped all the healthy ones.

6 Likes

Almost ready!

Idk why whenever I upload a pic it comes out 90 degrees off kilter.

11 Likes

Plants are loving the screened in deck. So Iā€™ve decided to do 3 in fabric pots with a mix of the same base as last time and some organic compost with worm castings and peat and some marine compost. I used the marine compost last year on tomatoes and hanging baskets with great success :+1:t2: I put a 3 inch layer in the bottom of the tomato and mixed a small amount in the soil so I didnā€™t burn them and then top dressed as needed. So thatā€™s the plan for 1 at least and I will probably try different ratios in one of the others and run my AN lineup on another. As for the other 3 Iā€™m putting one right at the edge of the lawn/bush, I dug a hole to have a gander at the soil. Turns out I have about 4-6 inches of nice rich topsoil and then a thin layer of clay then sand and water. So the plan for that one is too dig the hole out bigger and layer the bottom with expanded clay balls then a layer of marine compost then the base soil to fill up the hole and top dress with compost. I might see if the wife will let me dig up some of the front lawn and just put it right in the middle of it lol probably a hard no. Another one is going over next to the pond in the ground. The one that wonā€™t be allowed in the middle of the yard lmao I have a clearing out by the sugar shack I am going to clean up and put in the ground. And I should have started with I am now down to 6 instead of 8 as it was my big brothers birthday on Saturday so I gave him a couple of the nicest fruit loops! Thanks for stopping by!

14 Likes

So I got a little bit of work done!
First up is Poppa Kush in a 7gal pot with marine compost on the bottom then a mix of greensworld a promix hp of sorts and mulch with worm castings then another thin layer of marine compost then finished it with other mix.

Second is Green Crack is just the greensworld. Iā€™m going to run my AN lineup on it.

And third is Fruitloops with a little bit of the compost and worm shit and greensworld then top dressed with compost and shit.

Fruitloops and Green Crack are in 5gal.

14 Likes

9 Likes

Seeing your pictureā€¦

5 Likes

Love some Steveā€¦Romeoville Train yards that are parts of lots of his songs are just a handful of towns away.

6 Likes

lol. Thanks for stopping by

5 Likes