Finding a grower

I’d like to grow my own plants but without the responsibility of having to grow my own plants. Could i just pay a grower to grow my plants? Is that a real thing?

Sure you can. It’s called a caregiver.

2 Likes

Yes and I’m sure there are a few people who do it. Its where do you live?

1 Like

I live in Michigan!

really?! I thought a CG was just someone who goes into the dispensary for their patients.

1 Like

We have a few guys in MI who can probably help

1 Like

I can only say for California but that is what I know as a caregiver. Just like the medical field, someone called a caregiver is a person taking care of another person. Just replace or add that last person with plants. I personally haven’t seen someone going into a dispensary other then the medicinal card holder. I could be wrong. I never had my card but from my experience that’s what I know.

1 Like

And welcome to the community! You’ve come to the right place if you would like to grow your self. It’s a lot more pleasing then you’d think. I am my pops caregiver so I have a copy of his script on my wall next to the grow and I can legally have up to 99 plants.

3 Likes

And I have magic beans

1 Like

Yes Michigan has care givers…you can buy off them if you have a medical license and they can grow for you… buddy of mine Otto showed me the extent of the Michigan system… it how systems should be…it wasn’t perfect but it worked very well… I was allowed in the care givers house only because I had a Canadian Marijuana license but wasn’t allowed inside the dispensaries at all… and Otto always had to go himself… even when it was becoming very difficult…

4 Likes

They are allowed to have patients. They can then grow the legal amount of plants per patient as they have registered patients. And in your post u didn’t mention having your medical card so all of our answers assume that’s what u r meaning. Anything else is just buying weed from someone.

With that said, growing is cool u might want to consider it if there aren’t extenuating circumstances.

Welcome to GN!!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the welcome!!!

I’m not new to the cannabis community but I’m new to the cannabis industry if that makes any sense lol

I actually am interested in growing myself also. For the first go round i was going to have someone else do it for me lol.

Any care givers you know in the Ann Arbor area by chance?

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome!! Yeah i do have my card. I just think it’s more convenient to grow instead of going to the dispensary all the time lol

1 Like

Convenient idk. But it’s worth doing yourself

2 Likes

Word! You know where you may have growers located at?

Or who i can get in touch with?

You are absolutely right… Otto explained to me that he realized the guy was growing on a larger scale due to evidence… lack of snow on certain roofs etc… he was a crazy fucker so he just stopped in and struck up a conversation and the 2 became each others care giver once both had their license… they couldn’t grow for each other as you are allowed one grow or only a certain number of plants as per you prescription…but they could sell to each other between crops legally…

1 Like

I’m sure one of this Michigan boys will reach out to you. And only thing I can help with is beans. I’m all the way in Cali not much help I’m afraid

In Canada you can designate someone to be your medical grower. A friend of mine has a 1g/day prescription which translates into 5 plants, and I’m now able to grow them for him after doing some paperwork and waiting a few months. Is there something similar in Michigan?

1 Like

I have some people over in that area… Lansing and little north…I am busy as hell for the next bit (working nights these next 3 then in vegas for 5 days) but I can see what they suggest… most are on another forum that is a paid forum… if you don’t get the answer yourself first I can probably help just be patient…I am in Canada right on the Michigan border… I can see it from my bed in the mornings… so I am of little help other then assisting you in networking…

3 Likes