First grow questions

Hello GN. First ever grow. I’m waiting for an additional tent and fabric pots, but my plants seem really sad. Any input or instructions would be really helpful.

I’m currently growing in the TomatoTent 16”x16” grow tent. I basically have everything that came with the Growers House kit. I’m growing Strawberry Banana x ON Haze from Authentic Genetics. I’m growing in FF Ocean Forest and using the General Organics GO Box. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you so much. I’m really glad I’m able to be a part of y’all’s community.

4 Likes

welcome @jktavernier… there is a ton of knowledge… what are you using for light … and you might need a bigger tent

2 Likes

Thank you @docee. The TomatoTent comes with a Samsung LED light. There doesn’t seem to be specific info about it other than it uses Samsung LM301B lights with red added in.

Yes, you are absolutely correct I will be ordering a new tent very soon.

2 Likes

If I’m not wrong that should be the same board that hlg uses do you know how many watts the light is

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t. On their website and on Growers House it says the whole system (light, fan, controller) uses 120 watts. So I would assume that it is 100 or less.

2 Likes

Just keep in mind you will also want to get a bigger light with the tent … i can imagine that that light has a small foot print for flowering a bigger tent

2 Likes

@docee this is the light I was planning on getting:
https://growershouse.com/horticulture-lighting-group-elite-225-225w-led-grow-light?queryID=f1e25c5121201a84c5d4ece8bec19086&objectID=16071&indexName=gh_default_products

1 Like

Yeah that could work what size tent are you thinking about getting

2 Likes

I’m just going with the 2x2 at this time. I can’t afford to go much bigger at this time.

2 Likes

ok you should be good… but you still might be a little small @kapouic what do you think 2x2 for 3 girls

2 Likes

Just for clarification. I will have 1 plant in the TomatoTent and then 1 or 2 in the 2x2. Depends if they are all female.

1 Like

He might have mold problems when in harvest… it’s going to be really tight in there. Unless he does some kind of SOG… :thinking:

2 Likes

ooooh OK then you should be Aok :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Another grower said I should plant 3 regular seeds in case there is a male. Any thoughts on that recommendation would be appreciated.

3 Likes

yeah you might be on to something a nice scrog

2 Likes

yeah if your popping reg seeds the more the better you can pick and choose what plants you want to grow out

2 Likes

I was planning on ordering a trellis net. So it sounds like that would be the best idea for 2 plants in a 2x2?

2 Likes

Not a Scrog, a SOG (sea of green). Less training, smaller plants, just more of them…

3 Likes

Cool. Thank you. I really appreciate y’all.

2 Likes

Sorry misread that lol… but either way

2 Likes