First Grow Yeeaaaahhh!

Hello everyone!

I received my legal cultivation license and I started up a small DWC setup in a 2X4 tent. I have always wanted to do this and I am so pumped to dive in. The 2 plants are a Kush XL and Gorilla Glue both are autoflowers. If I am going to screw up I figure this is a good start lol. Here are some pics. Let me know what you guys think and feel free to critique what I have done so far. I will be upgrading equipment as I go.

12 Likes

Welcome to the community!! I’m also in the middle of my first grow. :grin: Your set up looks awesome! Did you buy the metal things that go up the sides of your tent with your tent or did you purchase them separately? It looks like a really nice way to clean up the floor space (which I need to do in my tent). Also what brand tent is it?

2 Likes

Looks good nice and tidy. Should be a good harvest

1 Like

Thanks Katmwall and happyhippy :slight_smile:

The tent is from Spiderfarm and so is the light. The inline fan was part of the tent kit but that is the first thing to go. Replacing it with a 6 inch AC Infinity when I get a chance. The grids on the sides are some extra utility shelves that I repurposed. The cool thing is that I can unplug the fans and unhook and remove the grids and add or move fans or even flip the shelves with very little risk to the plants. You can by similar stuff of different shapes and sizes at a big box hardware store. Repurposed an old marble coffee table top as the floor. I feel like a kid all jacked up on candy on Christmas morning lol.

6 Likes

Damn I didn’t even notice the floor!! Nice! Looks amazing :heart_eyes:. I get that feeling, when I first set up my grow tent I felt the same way. I look forward to seeing your progress!! I’ll have to look into doing something similar with my tent because I feel like the floor In my tent is too busy with cables and stuff.

1 Like

I am an old nerd. Cable management is second nature :wink:

2 Likes

@truthhound. Welcome to GN and thank you for sharing your legal grow. It looks great and your plants look happy. Lovely strains you have going there. Only suggestion would be to trim those leaves lying on the clay pellets,and maybe add another plant or two! Looking forward to seeing your progess.

4 Likes

On it! Thanks, ChrisJ

2 Likes

I still get all giddy every time I start a new grow.

4 Likes

I’m giddy for my next grow and I’m not even half way done with my first one yet. :joy:

8 Likes

Hi guys!

My GG auto has developed a weird pattern on some of the leaves.  The new growth looks ok for the most part.  Any ideas what this might be?

2 Likes

Nice setup my friend! What kind of h20 and nutes are you using @truthhound? Your looking at a cal-mag issue going on.

1 Like

Hi Tygrow 78 :slight_smile:

I am using RO water, Hydroguard, CalMag, and I am using GH FloraNova Grow/Bloom. I am keeping my PH at 6.0 and I have 2 airstones in each bucket. Tent temps have been average 77F and RH average 42% for the last week. My light cycle is set 18 hours on and 6 hours off. I have been doing some light LST and leaf tucking and as you can see there is a lot of crazy new growth. It was funny. I bent it back and after tucking some bigger leaves it pretty much exploded into a tangle of green.
I am using 2 ml/gal of CalMag as per the directions. I hope that gives you a little more info. Thank you so much for your advice.

1 Like

Since your using RO we have to bring our ppms up to around 200 before adding base in. The tricky thing with Mag deficiencies is it takes weeks before the plant starts to show. Your environment looks good. I would up your cal-mag to 4ml/G to start. Are you sure the directions arent 2ml/L?
Plants explode in dwc, it’s an awesome way to grow @truthhound.

3 Likes

PPM of 200 before adding the base? Add CalMag to a PPM of 200? I was advised by my local hydro store to take it easy on these nutes and since I don’t have much experience maybe I am taking it too easy. What kind of PPM totals should I be aiming for? My last PPM total was 480 with all additives and PH adjusted to 6.0. Hmmm… Maybe I need to hit reset and adjust my routine.

2 Likes

I was running into cal-mag issues on my 1st run and that was suggested to me by @devjyarn. Bringing our cal-mag wheel up to 200 ppm before adding our bases. It’s been working great for me. It is always wise to go low on your nutes at 1st till you get things dialed in or notice any issues.

2 Likes

Nice! Ok, so I will do my nute change a couple of days early and dose the CalMag to 200 PPM before adding the nutes. Thanks Tygrow78. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i use to do dwc… and most of the plants that i grew, in the beginning showed signs of over watering on the leaves… looked exactly like your… your plants will get use to the all water medium. and will start to show less of those signs as she gets old and stronger. im not sure of all your specs… but sometthing to look into… hope i could help

1 Like

It was the CalMag just like you said. Whew! Thank you!
No further evidence of that discoloration on any of the new growth. Pics to follow.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Just finished a little LST on my plants so they do look a little disheveled but nice and green and healthy at least from what I see. So a few of the new things I have learned is that these plants do their own thing in their own time but they are tough, resilient, and undeniably beautiful.

5 Likes