Growers Network was created as a resource for adults in the cannabis industry.

Please verify your age to enter.

First Grow!

Hey, guys! I need some re-assurance or advice: Here are my seedlings as of today. I am concerned that the leaves might be telling me something–but it doesn’t help that I am color blind. They seem to be very thirsty and I watered them 3x yesterday. I know that’s a lot but the soil is drying up fast.

Temp. is 86F. RH is 48 right now but was close to 60 yesterday. That’s not good according to the VPD chart. I will get the humidity up and the temp down today! Exhaust fan is off; small circulation fan is on near bottom.

Are these three doing ok? Note the names on the photos below and I am showing two photos of the Blue Dream.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Blue Dream 1-15-21 (2) Blue Dream 1-15-21 (1)

Blue Dream

3 Likes

Gelato 1-15-21

Gelato

3 Likes

Northern Lights 1-15-21

Northern Lights

3 Likes

@dan10–I got the meter app and I figured out how to use it! (That’s progress for me.) Right now I have Mars 1000 at a foot above, doesn’t seem to warm to the hand. And the PPFD ranges betwee 223 and 306. According to https://medium.com/@sabinedowner/the-ultimate-lighting-guide-for-cannabis-cultivation-cc60b22df835 "Seedlings, clones, and mother plants can be successful with just 200 to 400 μmol∙m-2∙s-1 PPFD. : So, I am going to assume I am doing ok.

Thanks for your help. Any thoughts on my photos from today–not sure if those leaves are supposed to have those shapes and those colors!

1 Like

Hi, good you got the apps working make sure the apps i set to LUX not FC(foot candle)if available from the app, it is different, make sure that the conversion website is to the correct spectrum(Natural Light) you can also you test PPFD result by comparing at different height(12,18, inches)from MarsHYDRO published data , the light is 1 foot above canopy the light intensity must set very low ?, the temperature is very high not good, for me seedling temp approx. 75-80f, the seedling leaves should be turning darker green not lighter green(bleaching/light burn), it is difficult to tell from the pictures.

2 Likes

Ah! Good to know. I have now raised it to 15" above canopy. Kept it at 50% intensity. I think the leaves are a bit yellow. I hope no nute issue! Thanks!

2 Likes

We good, just asking questions and trying to learn everyday.

2 Likes

This is the reason a like to grow because there is a lot to learn and a lot a variable in the whole growing process(and love smoking weed) and cannabis is a weed so it is sturdy plant and can recover from some mistake, I made a lot and that how I am learning.

3 Likes