First indoor, and first post on the forum

That looks good. Keep the cut section underground and make sure they stay damp, not wet to encourage new root growth. @PreyBird1 can give you more details on cloning. You are pretty much growing them as clones now.

5 Likes

Hey bud welcome to the GN. U have a problem than must be taken care of right away, u must separate those girls before they get any bigger. Lots of luck be well and I will be following ur grow

3 Likes

So I split both plants, now have four instead of two. All seem to be handling the chop pretty good.
Up potted into 3 gallon plastic pots (no cloth pots available local to me), and potted with fox farms ocean forest. Been watering with ro water, and with ro water and cal-mag once since the split.
These were split on 6/10.
Pictures of the chopping victims.

13 Likes

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank: medical dispensary bag seed
Strain (bagseed too): unknown
Indoor, outdoor: indoor
Tent, Room Size: 4x4x7
Lighting: 2 - marshydro tsl2000
Light height: 18" above plant heights
Temps (day and night): day 83 , night 80
Relative Humidity (day and night) : day 50% , night 45%
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) : (3) 6" clip on fan , 8" floor fan
Ventilation: vivosun 6" exhaust , vivosun 4" intake
Pot sizes: 3 gallon plastic
Soil, Coco, or Dwc: foxfarms ocean forest
Nutrient type: dyna-grow grow and bloom, protekt, cal-mag
Ph numbers: 6.5-6.8
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps: 73°
Co2: no

Seed germination date: popped soil 5/1
Veg duration: 6/18/21 = 49 days
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

3 Likes

Your plants are looking great after being split up. And I totally missed the part in your first post that these were bag seed! It’s a good thing you split them up when you did; so if any of them turn out to be male, you’ll be able to get rid of him quick.

With my luck each pot would have had one boy and one girl. lol!

4 Likes

Update on where I’m at. This is an “experimental " grow. Just using bag seeds, getting the experience under my belt for my next grow.
These will be right at 7 weeks on Saturday.
Tallest one is at 23” as of this afternoon. From the floor, Pot included. My tent is 80", so I’m wanting to start flower a little early, to make sure I have the height for it. Again, part of the experiment to see when I should be making the flip.
I am looking at flipping these to flower this weekend.
Again, I’m not concerned with trying to get as much as I can out of the plants. Just looking to complete the grow successfully for information on future grows.
I just started getting the water ph adjusted correctly for feeding, and seeing a difference, or at least I feel like I am. Haven’t pulled any runoff ph numbers. Yet.
I’m included pics, profile, top view, and what I think are the areas I will be looking to sex the plants at. I think. Lol.
I am open to anything I am doing wrong, no offense will be taken. I’m pretty positive I’m screwing up plenty.
4 plants total. Pics of first two are below. Last two will be right after this post.
Thanks everyone.

9 Likes

8 Likes

Looking good :+1:t4: Just keep that PH in the 5.9 - 6.3 range and don’t overfeed and you’ll be ok in soil.

Check out this podcast, it’s got lots of episodes with great info for growers. I listen while driving to work sometimes.

3 Likes

Question on using a humidifier. In a 4x4 tent.
I purchased a cheaper ,small humidifier. But what I’m reading is that during the light period, you want to keep all water off of your leaves. This is a misting humidifier, and it has me worried I’m going to burn my plant, long before I get a chance to “burn” my plant.
Just looking for a little advice, on the mist factor here, and maybe placement of it in the tent.
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

You can set the percentage on the humidifier, or is it just plug in and it’s on? If your fans are running you have airflow, so your leaves shouldn’t build up any real moisture.

4 Likes

It has the ability to set what humidity percentage you want. Auto shut off, and start up if it drops below the level set.
I feel like the 3 fans in there circulate air pretty well.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t about to roast my plants.
Thanks @dunbar

2 Likes

I’d say you’re good then. There are lots of people that run humidifiers in their tents/rooms. I think you’re good to go.

4 Likes

So I have a question about lighting when switching to flower. I have searched, but I am not finding the answers.
I flipped over to flower starting last night. 12/12 lighting.
I am running a mars hydro tsw2000 light, at 60%. TSL2000 is in route. Thanks amazon prime.days.
If I understand correctly, I want to bump up my dimmer gradually to 100%?
Should I also raise or lower the height of the light, or just maintain the 24" above the canopy top like I have so far?
I plan on adding the new light when it arrives, and balancing out the wattage not to shock them or fry them, before raising intensity.
Sorry if it’s newbie questions.

2 Likes

All lights have different outputs.

The goal is to have as much output as possible without damaging the ladies.

You have a manufacturer recommended heights to gauge off of. You can also put your hand at the canopy height for 2 mins and see if it burns you. If it does, it’s to low.

You can guage by the reflection off your hand where the brightest part of your lights are too. Set your ladies under these areas.

@jollygreen

3 Likes

As @Slym3r said. Just Google your light, height from canopy and it should come right up.

Just out of curiosity, why did you dim the light when you flipped to flower?

2 Likes

I didn’t dim it down when I switched. That’s what I have been running it at up until now.

2 Likes

Oh, gotcha!

2 Likes

Update on where I’m at.
Flipped to 12/12 lighting schedule on 6/20, last Sunday night.
Added a second light in the 4x4 tent. Running at 75% intensity, and slowly bumping up towards 100%.
Seems to have a decent “stretch” on 3 of the 4 plants. The 4th plant is just shorter, and fatter, and also much fuller.
I am looking to do some trimming, to increase light to lower areas, and for better air flow. Not exactly sure when I should be planning to do this.
Couple of pictures before the flip, and then pics from today.
I’m noticing the soil is drying out alot faster than usual. I also understand that they get thirsty during flower. More so than during veg. I normally watered and fed every other day during veg. But I’m noticing the soil drying faster now. Should I be looking at daily watering/feedings?

Pics prior to light flip

Pics from today

9 Likes

So I noticed these spots a while back, and after researching, I figured it was a Nutrient deficiency.
Long story short, they are still with me, and seem to be getting a little worse. Any help on these pics?

5 Likes

If your soil is drying out, yes you should go ahead and water more often. Just give the pots a little move and you’ll be able to tell just by weight if they are dry. As for the nutrient deficiency, I’m still not knowledgeable enough to give advice there. I hate to admit it, but I’d probably just up my nutrients a tad and see if it helps.

You’re much better off than I was on my 1st grow so no matter what, be proud of where you’re at. They look good.

6 Likes