First indoor, and first post on the forum

Day 10 of flower, did a little light trimming last night, and found an issue. Everything I’m reading, and seeing on my plants is leading me to thrips. Maybe spider mites.
Sorry for the lack luster pics. Still getting the hang of the USB microscope camera.
I am planning on spraying with Captain Jacks dead bug at lights out today.
Any thoughts?

Image_2021-06-29 22_27_48_412

Image_2021-06-29 22_27_07_489

6 Likes

we need a sad face beside the like button. get it quick before it flowers. :open_mouth: :frowning_face:

6 Likes

Activate “scorched earth” protocol. Spray top and bottom of leaves. Then spray again in 3 days and again 3 after that.

7 Likes

I drenched the plants last night just before lights out, with Captain Jacks dead bug spray.
2 maybe 3 minutes of lights on them before they went out. Dripping off the leaves. Sprayed top, bottom, soil, pots, fans, myself, and basically the entire tent. Didn’t want to miss anything.
I trimmed any leaves I saw with any markings on them. Hoping to remove any eggs that I could.
I won’t be home until 4 hours after lights on. I don’t need to spray these off before lights on do I?
3 fans, plus intake and exhaust running 24/7.

3 Likes

No, leave it. Bugs eat Captain Jack’s dead bug and then die. It stays on the plant.

5 Likes

Thank you sir

2 Likes

Sounds like you got it. Remember to spray again in 3 and 6 days to make sure you kill any that hadn’t hatched before this spray.

4 Likes

Day 14 since flipping to 12/12.
Second round of Captain Jacks dead bug last night at lights out. 45 minutes of lights on today, and I can’t see any of the plants not liking the bath.
One more dose this coming Tuesday, and I will evaluate under the microscope camera again.
I’m reading I can defoliate up until day 21 safely. Can anyone confirm that for me, or tell me it’s wrong?
I would like to thin out the bottom sections as much as possible.
But here’s pics of my progress. Please tell me if I can do something to improve.

9 Likes

Look at @ultrapuff Journal. Everything that grows on his plants now will be smokable bud. Absolutely no junk. Your past that point now. So between 15 and 21 days basically your third week of 12/12 lighting is when I do a heavy defoliation. And then usually one more time around week 6. That’s how I do it…:+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

Thanks @happilyretired . I was just reading through it. Definitely alot of info I can use right now.

4 Likes

So did a decent amount of defoliating last night before lights out. Maybe too much, maybe not enough. Lol. Good thing these are experimental. Lol. They look naked today.
Learning as I go.

10 Likes

Day 21 of flower update pictures.

13 Likes

Day #31 since flipping to 12/12.
Great smell coming off of them. Three are a little further along than the fourth. Shortest one started flowering later than the others. But she’s coming along nicely now.
Seriously couldn’t be anywhere near this if not for the help from this forum. Not to mention the load of help from @happilyretired .
I know I have a ways to go still, but I’m liking what I’m seeing in my tent, and what I am learning here.
Thanks again

10 Likes

Oh man, you definitely got it going on now. Excellent looking plants.:+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

4 Likes

@benjblazen looking nice :+1:t4:

Is that your air intake or exhaust there on the floor attached to the carbon filter?

1 Like

@Maz that’s my intake.

1 Like

What’s your air exhaust situation? Can’t see in these pics.

I’m gonna start filtering my intake air too.

2 Likes

@sssportsmfg

1 Like

@Maz my exhaust is a 6" that dumps into a carbon filter outside of the tent. It’s getting changed this weekend to exhaust outside. I will be putting the filter inside the tent, moving the fan to outside the tent, and venting it outside.
This is my current setup.

7 Likes

So during defoliating, I took a clipping of one of my below the canopy branches, and dropped it into a cup of water. It has since started growing roots. It was taken about 3 weeks after I flipped the lighting schedule to 12/12 for flower.
Basically I am asking if I am about to make a mistake in potting it, and tossing it in the flower tent with the others? I prefer not to screw my other plants up if this is a major no no.

3 Likes