First indoor, and first post on the forum

Anytime you clone you got a figure 2 to 3 weeks just to get enough roots to sustain new growth. So basically as soon as you clip it add two or three weeks to whatever timeframe you figure for whatever you’re doing. :thinking::crazy_face:😶‍🌫😶‍🌫😶‍🌫.

5 Likes

I did it in flower but just entering.
Think it was only a week since I had switched the light. Training accident and thought wth. Might as well put it in dirt to see what happens.:joy:

And agree with @happilyretired At least 3 weeks to reveg and see new growth.
I’ll give mine 24 hrs light for 2 weeks to get them to turn around and reveg.
Some plants may need an extra week or so at 24 to get them rollin.
Good luck. :+1:
:v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks guys. You two are part of why I love this forum. Knowledge everywhere, and willingness to help a million question newbie like me.
Can’t thank everyone enough for all the help and guidance.

6 Likes

We’re old. Helping you give us something to think about. :joy::rofl:😶‍🌫

6 Likes

So I read up a little on verigated leaves on Cannabis plants. Couldn’t find anything that said terminate her life immediately. It’s only 3 leaves left after the last defoliation. It was only 6 or 7 before.
Should I have any concerns with this? I wanted to ask the people that have lead me in the right direction so far.
From what I gathered, this is just an oddity that happens occasionally. Anyone else have this happen before? Also, this is on the same skyrocket Skywalker OG that was trying to show me her boy parts.

5 Likes

:thinking:… can’t see if I’ve ever had that or not. Can’t exactly remember. Usually if I get something ugly on a few leaves I remove them if I don’t come back I don’t worry about it. These plants do all kinds of weird shit.

5 Likes

Yep, I’ve had variegated leaves on several grows, I have had it on small plants and they all outgrew it. Two I remember for sure was Blue Dream from ILGM, another was a Gorilla Glue from Ethos, can’t remember what the last one was…but they all were just fine, good smoke, and all grew out of it after about the 4th or 5th set of leaves

Marty

6 Likes

Yeah i get them here and there. I think its just in the leaves having the issues. Mine always seem to be in a couple leaves only.

3 Likes

Long time since I have updated. Work and life got me busier than I expected.
So I have already chopped 5 of my 6 I had going. 2 are still hanging drying, while the other 3 have made it into mason jars. So far, everything looks great. We’ll almost everything.
I had an issue of my tall Skywalker og showing signs of turning hermie. I thought I had pretty well covered cleaning up any balls or bananas I saw. It’s obvious now that I didn’t.
So far every plant has produced seeds. From 2 to 23 per plant. I had a heat issue that I have gotten under control. Thinking this was the cause behind my secret seed factory I had running.
In reading different articles, I’m seeing that seeds from a hermied plant should be feminized. But that’s were I start misunderstanding I feel like. I read if it is a stress condition that causes it, seeds should be majority feminized, and are ok to be used. But if no stress conditions were present, and seeds were produced, not to use them. Seeing how the genes had hermie traits to start.
Can anyone clarify this a little for me? Or do I need to toss these suckers out?

5 Likes

You can try to breed the Hermie trait out of plants forever and it probably won’t happen. I have gotten a couple of seeds off of every outdoor plant I’ve ever grown. Sometimes only One or two seeds but seeds nonetheless. These plants were all females there was no males around. It’s just nature trying to help a species survive. Know if you have a plant in perfect conditions and it produces 100 seeds I would probably throw those all away. Now when you talk about heat stress I have personally had that happen and I’ve harvested plants that were completely covered with bananas late in flower deep in the plant where I didn’t see. They all had seeds some more than others not super heavy some we had like 20 or more some I’m only had a few. I would say they would probably all be viable female seeds. I didn’t save them because I have spent a bunch of money on seed professionally bread stabilized and grown. Anyways if I didn’t have a jar full of beans from all over the place, I would’ve saved them and that’s what I would be growing now.
That’s just my opinion. You really got nothing to lose except a little bit of time. If the smokeYou have from all your different plants is good there’s no reason to think the seeds they produce would be any different.
I don’t know just throwing some thoughts out there. Feeling kind of chatty.:laughing:

4 Likes

Well hermied plant seeds typically will hermie. The trick is when is that strain going to hermie? Is it in the begining? Or late in flower? Do the hermie flowrers appear on the pre-flower sites first or in the canopy on the flowers themselves? Hermie plants can be tricky to deal with and generally not worth using for seed stock. I mean you may get great buds off the strain if you dont mind some seeds. I mean i have an awesome strain i grow that always throws nanners late in flower like its overripe but never balls anytime until about week 7.5-8.2 weeks. It makes a few seeds and i collect them and put them into a jar just for that strain because the flower is really strong besides any terps its potent! So the nanners dont bother me and i make sure its with plants late in flower when i flip it so the existing plants have already matured beyond the point they can be polinated anymore.

6 Likes

#truth !!!

4 Likes

So I didn’t do worth a crap keeping a journal for my last grow. But had a great turn out in the end.
I’m starting my next round now, and am looking at possibly adding a controller to my setup, for humidity and temp control. Was hoping for a recommendation or two. I would prefer a simple plug and play set up if possible, but I also don’t want to be upgrading this on my next grow.

1 Like

Do you plan on using it on a humidifier or an exhaust fan?

1 Like

Trying to get my temperature and humidity in check. I have a portable ac unit and humidifier I am looking to add in this new grow. Tent Temps have been in the 80-85° range, with humidity down in the high 30s to mid 40s. Had some mid to high 90s on my last grow, definitely don’t want that issue again.
Hoping to be able to control everything as efficiently as possible.

3 Likes

I had the same problem in 2019. I don’t know what type portable AC unit you have, but if it has an exhaust hose, make sure it’s close to a window to exhaust and the hose is insulated, it will cause extreme heat if not insulated. I stopped using the portable AC unit and just put an AC Infinity Airlift T10 shutter fan in the window, and blocked the heater vents in my grow room and haven’t had heat issues since. I know it’s winter but try lowering the thermostat on your house heat down to 68 to 70 degrees. I would also put an additional humidifier in front of your air intake to help raise the humidity, because as long as the temperatures are running over 80 degrees your going to have low humidity. Just my thoughts on your problem and how I fixed my heat problems.

2 Likes

Been a while since I have posted. I am in the flowering stage of my 3rd grow currently. I had to adopt 3 plants from a friend due to an emergency, and in doing so, I inherited his fungus gnats. I have had yellow stickies since day one of receiving them. I tried the following root cleaner product, dosed twice with it, and still have the gnat issue.

I did a little more reading, and ended up buying the following product.

Is this the right product I am looking for? And how do I go about using it properly and effectively? I just don’t want to hurt them anymore than the gnats have already.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Yep the DE is good stuff. I have that exact bag. It came with a duster inside. I just fill it up and dust the entire surface of the pot. And then just do your normal water. But mosquito bits is your best bet. You just throw a little bit of those in your nutrient solution or water before you use it. I like to let it soak overnight but an hour would probably do. You can just water them right in with your solution. You can also sprinkle them on top of your pot about once a month and that should keep them away. :+1:t3::v:t3:

7 Likes

Right on Hap…the DE will irritate em, the mosquito bits will kill them at the source!

5 Likes