First time ethonal extraction help and tips

Hey all after 2 runs I have quite a bit of frozen trim and kief I am going to try my first extraction it’s going to be ethonal as it’s the cheapest I believe so any advise? I have someone who says they have done it before but someone they know told me every time his comes out soupy, how to avoid this and just any help even if someone knows a cheap way beyond ethonal I am all ears

I have never done extractions, but I know that @Ladithief, @Packee and @blackthumbbetty are doing a lot. Might be worth your while to look them up! :nerd_face:

Will do thx

I’ve only ever BHO or bubble washed.

@Ladithief has done ethanol

Packee

make sure to get 95% ethanol… ever clear… I do quick washes but only do press bags this way… I then recover or just boil it off… @blackthumbbetty has more tools etc… I am pretty sure she does QWET method too…

2 Likes

Do u think the guy isnt boiling it enough? Or not the right ethonal? He showed me this stuff it is 200 proof but 100 dollars a bottle lol I can build a rosin press for about 200 to 250 I would like to do bho but a system is 500 plus? I have also been seeing nitrogen extraction but that was 1200 or something

I have to get into work but will message her as well thx lol btw what is QWET? I’m a newbie here lol

QWET = Quick Wash Ethanol

Ahhh ok so a quick wash

1 Like

Denatured alcohol and dry ice to freeze all then a quick wash and charcoal filter evaporate at 30c top’s w a heat pad cover vessel w panty hose to keep dust out;)

3 Likes

Sometimes I make dryice hash and do a quick rinse on that instead

1 Like

What!?!?!? Lol layman’s terms lol

2 Likes

Sorry @hoppiefrog, I kind of forgot you were a hash maniac! :wink:

2 Likes

Denatured alcohol is easy to get it’s also 99.999% alcohol 95% ethanol is common. Freeze the pot and alcohol then chill further w dryice. Do your soak in dryice as well. You will get amazing Clean Oil no wax and little veg oil that way

2 Likes

Or make keif w dry ice and soak that instead. I like to use a paint strainer to remove debris then use coffee filter then wine filter

3 Likes

Charcoal on last filtration. U can get a filter to hook up to a vacuum pump if u have one it’s super fast and convenient

3 Likes

Hey it’s all good I only have half the toys atm;)

1 Like

Also in between filtration keep on dryice whole time it will help u filter out the most wax/veg oils .this will give u winterized qwet

2 Likes