First time grower looking for suggestions/advice

Hello everyone, my name is Dave and I’m a first time poster here. I’m looking for some advice on equipment for my first indoor grow. I have been looking online to find decent equipment available in Canada. Im planning to grow my first 4 legal plants using Spider Farmer stuff. I’m currently looking to buy the SF 5x5x6.5 tent, SF-4000 LED light and their 6 inch inline fan air carbon filter. Is this a good plan or should I be considering something else in this price range? Thanks in advance for any advice and responses :).

4 Likes

You can get that light cheaper on eBay if this is the light you want. Lots of people like them…
:v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

2 Likes

Sweet thanks for quick response. I’ll definately be price shopping once I’m done doing the research. I dont want to cheap out but also don’t want to break the bank :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I initially was looking at a Mars Hydro setup but after a little research and advice from a friend I got on the Spider Farms stuff. Still undecided if I should be looking into another company and setup or go with the setup I suggested.

2 Likes

eBay

2 Likes

4 Likes

There ya go :facepunch:t2: All eBay

2 Likes

Hey Blue, have you seen and used this AC Infinity tent? I am shopping tents myself. I am going to go with a 5x5 I am currently running a 5x3 and it is just too narrow. My plants always wind up smashed up against the sides on the narrow width. But I would rather spend a little more and get real good quality. My current tent has been fantastic, I have had it for more than ten years and it is still like new. That is a great price !

Any info much appreciated!

2 Likes

Just for your info, got to looking around, The Infinity site has them on sale for the same price right now, direct. Don’t know about shipping. Amazon also has the same price and if you have prime also free shipping. Looks like they are on sale right now and everyone has the same price.

Got to reading on them, nice tent. I currently have a Secret Jardin. Been a GREAT tent, but they don’t look like they are keeping up, went to their site and there weight rating is less than half of the AC Infinity tent. I like that controller plate on the outside too, especially as I have the AC Infinity 6" fan with controller.

Update the Infinity site adds almost $20 Cal sales tax, shipping is free. Amazon prime shipping is free, and appears to be free even if you are not a prime member, no sales tax at Amazon. Didn’t run it through the shopping cart at Ebay, so don’t know about sales or shipping. HTH.

Thanks for the heads up.

4 Likes

You are going to need a taller tent. 6.5’ won’t leave much headroom after plants stretch in flower mode

4 Likes

Oh also welcome! This is a great group of people. We all help as much as we can!

3 Likes

Um I don’t use a tent But have 2 :man_shrugging::roll_eyes:
But if I did I would top the hell out of them :sunglasses:

4 Likes

A friend just showed me his new tent from AC Infinity @sssportsmfg. I’m buying a new 4×4 from them right now. They are great quality for the price. I was very disappointed with my newest vivosun tent. Their quality has really gone down hill, especially their zippers.
I would highly recommend buying one my friend. I run their T series exhaust fans and I love the mount the tent has for the controller.

5 Likes

Vivosuns zippers are real bad. One of my zippers broke when I was assembling the tent. Thank god I got it to a point where there wasn’t a light leak but I definitely will not be buying another tent from vivosun. The only product I like from vivosun is their inline fan. It’s nice if you don’t wanna break the bank.

5 Likes

Yep it will be a while before I get the office moved where I can switch ends on my office/grow room and put in a 5x5. The position of the door to the room dictates that I have to switch ends or move my office out completely to get the end open that will allow me to put in the 5x5.

But I already ordered mine from Amazon, same price quicker delivery. Thanks to everyone @MrBlue @Tygrow78 for the heads up on the AC Infinity tent, I had been trying to decide which to buy for a couple of weeks now. This place is great; ! always a helping hand and real reviews you can count on.

5 Likes

Sorry mr blue that wasn’t meant for you

3 Likes

I have a Vivosun tent and haven’t had any problems with it. Maybe I just got lucky?

However, knowing what I know at this point, if I had to buy a new one I’d go with a ac infinity cloud lab. They look pretty sweet. I’d also go with their exhaust fan system. Might cost a little more but in the long run you want A: those zippers to hold up and B: no light leaks

3 Likes

Mass reading what others have said on vivosun at first there zippers were good and now there cost cutting with cheaper zippers so sound like u have a older model with the better zipper :facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

I had a zipper break on my first vivosun tent. I stapled it together and pushed that side against the wall. Lol

2 Likes

Duct tape works for everything does t it? :rofl:

3 Likes